“Great little value for money hotel in London”
Review of Nayland Hotel

Nayland Hotel
Ranked #335 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 19, 2013

You cannot really complain about the Nayland. My work colleague and I both booked double rooms for £69 each on a company trip to London. I didn't know this was still possible in London! Great bargain.
The rooms were small but cosy and clean, and they had everything you need except tea/coffee facilities, which I am personally not too bothered about. The bathroom was tiny but modern and very clean. Staff were very helpful and friendly.
Our rooms were facing the interior patio which was full of plants and flowers, it felt like we were in Italy! I was worried about my room being exposed to the cold but I slept really well, no noise, and didn't feel any cold in the room at all.
I was impressed with the location, Paddington station and restaurants are just a 5 minute walk. (From Paddington you can catch the Underground Bakerloo line direct to Oxford Circus and Piccadilly as well as the Heathrow Express train which gets you to Heathrow in 15 minutes).
There was no wi-fi though which was a bit disappointing. And the breakfast was very poor, despite the extremely friendly kitchen assistant!
When you're in London you spend more time out and about than in your room, so this is perfect, specially if you want to save some money!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Nayland Hotel

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Near to: the main lines of underground, busses, pubs and restaurant. The service is good, the room was simple, not so big, but clean! If you are looking for a good hotel near the city and you will spend all the day outside, i suggest you the nayland hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
Review collected in partnership with Volagratis
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed for three nights. The hotel is very handy for paddington station and easy to find. Staff friendly and remember you. The breakfast although only continental is enough and the breakfast room is kept clean and replenished. Rooms are small but you only need a bed and shower so no problem. I would certainly recommend for a trip to London.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We just got back from here yesterday..the hotel is in a good spot..plenty of shops around it and easy to get to other parts of london..it's very clean, the rooms are small but very nice..and the staff are friendly and helpful...bad points are no wifi..no tea coffee in the room..and the least choice breakfast i have ever known in a hotel ever!!..if those things don't bother you and you just want a nice place with clean sheets then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I spent last weekend at the Nayland Hotel in London. Excellent location - very close to Paddington and Lancaster Gate tube stations. I agree the hotel is very clean, but we didn't find the staff particularly friendly. Not a lot of extra space in the bedroom - but adequate considering the price; shower is ok - takes ages for the water to heat up. The whole hotel is stiflingly hot. Luckily, we were able to open the bedroom window. I wouldn't advise including breakfast - watery oj; make your own toast and slippery slivers of ham & cheese; one girl trying to do everything, and when we came down,there was nowhere to sit as not one of the tables had been cleared - and it finishes at 9.30 - which is too early for a weekend. In spite of these issues, I would stay here again, as the price is good - but next time, I'll be going for Room Only.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Sussex Gardens in Paddington is a street with many hotels and we've been staying in several of them over the years. The Nayland has the best 4-bed room (2 adults, 2 teen-agers). Spacious, clean, warm (we usually come to London in winter for the New Year celebrations) - lots of electric plugs for our various cell-phones, computer, etc. Four good-size beds, two mirrors (for the ladies dressing up), hairdrier, great bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gernot K
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights last weekend .. This is the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed in ... It was spotless .. ( and we have stayed in some nice hotels ) .. The front of house staff were very friendly and accommodating .. Nothing was too much trouble and always had a nice word to say wether we were on way in or out .. Yes rooms are small but perfectly adequate .. It is a hotel after all and not home ! .. I would most certainly stay here again and thoroughly recommend it .

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple