“Highly Recommended”

Ranked #386 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Milton Keynes, UK
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

A car park - a great bonus in London. Warm welcome on arrival and help taking bags to room. The room was clean and spacious with all the usual facilities. Tasty breakfast with hot and cold choices. Good value for money. Good location

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HeavyMiltonKeynes_UK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Finnish first
Staffordshire , England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

The staff are excellent! The rooms were finished to a very high standard, as was the hotel as a whole
Buffet Breakfast included which was good ( no bacon or mushrooms:) but would set you up for the day and well cooked .. NON of that awful motorway service station taste.
The drinks were always available and the Conservatory extension to the dining area was very pleasant and peaceful.
I CAN NOT PRAISE THE STAFF ENOUGH THEY WERE SUPERB
Our room was in the annex and though small it was quite adequate for our two night stay .. well flitted out and clean. Excellent shower, safe , tea making etc.
Our room was next to the outside door of the corridor so it could be noisy from guests coming in and out and the lock was noisy .. not enough for us to asked to be moved
The Annex is on a very busy junction so there was some vehicular noise VERY occasionally ..
This was Cars with more ICE watts than brain power ... but even emergency sirens could not be heard . Only 1.7 m from Kew , out side the congestion charging and there was safe parking

Room Tip: Try to stay clear of the corridor doors
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We will stay again as this was very convenient to both, London (Zone 2), walking along the Thames, Kew Gardens and relatives. The breakfast is standard, but plentiful and could use more fresh fruit. The room was comfortable and quite, facing the back gardens. You are on the Chiswick High street, two tube stops on the District Line with easy transfer to the Piccadilly Line from Heathrow.

Room Tip: Complimentary parking for a dozen cars so you don't need to drive into London
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tremm298
St Louis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

The best features of the Best Western Chiswick are its location on a vibrant shopping street within easy walking distance of two tube stations and its price compared to similar hotels closer into the center of London. The facility itself is showing its age--for example in my room the toilet needed constant priming, the shower door wouldn't close properly, and the wooden furniture was worn, however the sound of repairs going on during the daytime hours showed that the management is concerned about the upkeep of its property. The breakfast offerings were basic but ample. Parking in the rear of the property was accessed through a very narrow portal that larger vehicles may find difficult or impossible to pass through.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank createwks
White Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed 3 nights here, and it was very nice. It was a little surprising this time that we had to go outside the Reception and around 2 paths to get to the room, since they have added more rooms in adjoining buildings. We ate in their breakfast atrium, which is very pleasant and airy. I was glad that they had a computer with public access, since I don't have an I-phone. The staff was always very helpful, carrying our luggage upstairs, setting up our very-early-morning cab to Heathrow, and giving directions to the Musical Museum and other places. The room was cheerful and clean. The location is right on many bus lines, and not far to 2 Tube stations.

Room Tip: We were fine, but if stairs are a problem, mention it when booking.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Southport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel earlier this year. I didn't expect much, I had business in Chiswick and wanted a good value base to extend my stay and see a few sights. The location is really good, less than ten minutes' walk from Turnham Green Underground, which is just on the cusp of Zones 2 and 3, so you can use the Zones 1 and 2 Day Saver to do some sightseeing on the Underground - and it is ideally placed for that. If you want to travel further West, into Zone 3, then this hotel is within easy reach of Kew Gardens.

Chiswick High Road itself is a busy high street (although there was no noticeable traffic noise at all from within the hotel). There are lots of eateries to choose from, including a superb value pizzeria called Franco Manca (0208 747 4822) at 144 Chiswick High Road - but I would advise booking a table even on weekday early evenings, it is very popular.

The hotel is not like any other I have stayed in - it has a main building, where you will find the Reception and where breakfast is served, and where I think most of the rooms are. But it also has an annex, which is where my room was, and this was quite a surprise, but in a good way! After checking in, the receptionist led me out of the rear of the hotel, and along a path, through a lovely little garden and into the annex where she showed me to my room. I was pleasantly surprised by my room, which was a single, as it had a double bed, TV, a desk and chair, and all the usual tea and coffee facilities, as well as a good-sized ensuite shower room. The room was very clean and comfortable, and I would definitely stay here again. The garden outside the annex had benches to sit on and would be a lovely place to enjoy a morning coffee in the summer. I could happily stay here for a week, and if I was to come with a group I would enquire about the apartments which I think they have here.

Breakfast was served in the Reception area, and it was fine - but note that they don't serve bacon! They must be used to people asking for it, because they warned me on arrival not to expect it. They must have their reasons for not doing so, and there were plenty of alternatives on offer, including sausages. I was very happy with the toast, scrambled egg and tomato.

The hotel does not have a lounge bar as such, but if you wanted to get a bottle of wine to drink in your room, there is a Sainsbury Local across the road from the hotel, which is open late, and the staff are happy to provide ice! The only negative I found was that the guest information in the room said that bar snacks were available 24 hours from Reception. This is not correct and came as a surprise to the night staff - although hats off to the duty manager who rustled up a snack for me himself in the kitchen!! Just one example of how nice the staff are at this hotel!

All in all, if you are looking for a good value base for touring London by Underground, where the rooms are comfortable and the staff are friendly, then I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Wisbech, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We could not have had a more helpful and friendly welcome by the Reception staff. We parked in the wrong car park, but the young man on Reception came out and guided us around to where we needed to be, he then carried all our luggage to our two rooms. The rooms was light, airy, large and spotlessly clean. We were here on a birthday weekend to visit Kew Gardens, catch a show in the West End and support a friend in the Marathon, and the Chiswick Palace Hotel could not have been a better choice to stay. It's within easy reach of Central London, but Chiswick High Road is so well served with every possible shop and service you could need, there really is no need to go into town! Which is very handy, and the breakfast was really quite poor - but then what hotel ever gets breakfast right - even 5 star - in my experience! The plates were stone cold, and there was no bacon. Although, apparently, the tomatoes were delicious! The toasters were also extremely slow! We decided to eat out for our 2nd breakfast! Despite that, we will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family