“My grandmothers bedroom”

Best Western Chiswick Palace & Suites
Ranked #402 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Well, I asked for a quiet bedroom with bath tub and got one - so kudus for that - albeit the tiniest bathroom imagineable. The decor of my room was like walking back in time. It so reminded me of my grandmothers home. Some small touches needed to make this place feel a bit more modern would be good. Location as far as public transport concerned was good - easy bus journey into Oxford Street etc. Reception staff were helpful although no porter to carry suitcase.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed for one night at the end of August between double days at work and was just keen to have a good night's sleep to keep as fresh as possible. I'm pleased to report that my room was quiet and comfortable so I was very happy with my brief stay.

One gripe was that my top-floor room (number 26) is at the edge of the hotel and the bath is placed under the sloping roof. This meant I had to kneel in the bath to use the shower. Not ideal.

Staff were helpful and cheerful (even when I was checking-in at 23.30) and breakfast was fine - nothing remarkable but it certainly helped to keep me going throughout the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the middle floor, rather than in the roof unless you want to shower on your knees!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I will begin by saying that the rooms were small, furniture was dated and in poor condition. There were two sofa chairs and one of them did not have a cushion and in such poor condition. The day before we left the drapes fell and I was told they could not do anything until morning when the staff who put up the drapes arrived. They never came and so we slept with the light coming into the room. This hotel was not worth what we paid for 7 nights. I would not recommend or return.The breakfast provided was good. When I arrived there was a large dumpster near the entrance to the building annex of my room. Sheets were clean but had small holes on one of the edges. There was a small wooden table which was old and in very poor condition.

Room Tip: Small room with dated furniture. Sofa chairs with sofa covers and no cushion on one of the sofa cha...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank NelidaNewYork_N_Y_
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My son and I visited for a trip to Earl's Court (5 minutes walk to Turnham Green tube station and 4 stops) for the Great British Beer Festival.

We were impressed with most things except if you get a room on the top floor there is no lift so if you have heavy bags or suitcases be aware of this. We had a very warm welcome with reception staff very polite and gave useful and accurate information re tubes, travel etc including the fantastic car park on site which is free, a very big bonus for London.

We had a twin room which was comfortable with clean linen and towels and the bathroom, newly refurbished, was very very clean and modern with lots of extras like soap, shower gel, shower caps etc.

Breakfast was very good but again, as many reviews say, no bacon or mushrooms but the lack of bacon in a very British hotel was disappointing! The complementary drinks machine in the restaurant area was very welcome 24 hours a day this and they even provided plastic cups to take them away, fantastic.

We did not use the wifi as we had too much to do but this hotel must not be missed and is great value for money.

Chiswick is a beautiful area with lovely leafy roads and a host of bars, restaurant and shops if you don't fancy a trip to the capital every night. As a previous reviewer has said the entrance is a bit difficult so take great care in your car as it is right on a junction with traffic lights and it is a very busy area.

Thank you for a great stay - we will definitely return.

Room Tip: No lift so be aware of this when booking.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Exetercitygirl
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We loved the location of this hotel. The area of Chiswick has great shops and restaurants to choose from with the train stop being only a 5 minute walk from the hotel and buses available on the road at the front of the hotel. The ride into London on the train took approximately 15-20 minutes. We also had to go to Lost and Found one day at Heathrow, while we stayed at the Best Western, and were able to catch the train easily to Heathrow. As we were traveling with 2 young children to London we found it hard finding a hotel that suited our needs. After reading many positive reviews about the Best Western Chiswick we selected this hotel. The staff at the front desk of the hotel were very welcoming and helpful. Although the rooms are not huge (to be expected for London) it had everything in it that we needed. The room was cleaned thoroughly everyday. Breakfast at this hotel was provided and offered everything that we needed to start our day. We did have a hire car while staying here which we were able to park at the rear of the hotel (some parking also available at the front of the hotel). However, there is not a huge amount of parking available so parking is not guaranteed and the driveway to the back of the hotel is not overly wide, so I am glad that the car we had was not big as it may have been difficult to drive through the opening to the guest parking. We would definitely stay at this hotel again as we loved the location so much!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

This was a good hotel for the price. It is convenient to areas in Chiswick and a short walk to Hammersmith. The staff were very nice and the hotel was clean and comfortable. I requested a large room, and had quite a spacious room by London standards. The hotel is actually a collection of buildings. I was not in the main building, but rather one of the old annex buildings. While the room was fine and reasonably updated, my only complaint was that the carpet in my room seemed sort of old.

Breakfast was fine and about what you would expect. It wasn't gourmet, but there were cereals, fruit, and some hot items. I would stay here again if I return to west London.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were a bit apprehensive about staying here because the earlier reviews of this hotel were uncertain. What we found, however, was that it had been completely redone quite recently and was a welcoming hotel. Staff was excellent and gracious. Breakfast was good and the room was spacious with a very comfortable bed. Street noise was minimal. Location is very good -- many good restaurants and pubs are close by and Fuller's brewery isn't far either.
Underground is also quite near. Overall, a very good place.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple