Blair Victoria Hotel
galahotels.com
$285
$276
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Not knowing any better, we let our travel agent book our family into this hotel - all we knew was that it was inexpensive, and the location seemed good. Unfortunately it was the worst place we've ever been, and that's out of about 35 countries, traveled to over almost half a century. The first night we didn't have anywhere else to go, so we stayed, though the bathroom barely fit an adult, the beds were hardly more than cots, and the hotel breakfast was literally inedible.

A few days later we were back in London, and we had to return to the Blair Victoria, because they'd stored a couple suitcases for us. But this time the reservation had gotten messed up, so the room they had for us didn't fit everyone in our family, and they adamantly refused to give us a 4-person room for the 4-person room price we'd agreed on through the travel agent. The people at the front desk got so irate about it that they were literally screaming and hollering at us (I believe this included the owner, though I don't know if he still owns the place).

Dumbfounded, we finally left to take our business elsewhere, only to find that the Blair Victoria charged our credit card for a night in a room we didn't so much as set foot in. We complained to our travel agent (who ineffectually tried to help us) and our credit card company, but they ruled in favor of the hotel, calling it a "no show", even though we showed up in person that evening and it wasn't our fault the hotel wouldn't give us a room. That was the beginning of our vacation, and it cast a black cloud over the whole trip. My best advice is to stay anywhere else at all, if you're in London. Even all the youth hostels we've been to have been nicer, and we've never gotten such rude, unhelpful treatment anywhere in the world.

Note: We went in July, but not 2012. The response form wouldn't let me pick an earlier year. I didn't know Travel Advisor existed at the time we went. If I'd seen other traveler's reviews, we would have avoided the Blair Victoria with a hundred-foot pole.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Carol P
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I'm so annoyed with myself for paying money towards this hotel, it was booked on my behalf so had no choice but stay with another 15 people....when entering the room first thing I noticed was scaffolding right out side our room with one of the windows open above the bed, you could picture the builders walking through the window stepping all over the bed to use the toilet which stank and was no bigger than a caravan toilet!! There was mould on wall, curtains falling apart and hanging down, bed frames looked man made and about to give way, nasty scum around the cups and side panels, beds near the windows felt damp and every minute I was there I didn't want to touch anything let alone try out the shower...noooooo way it was worth £100 per night!! Place should be pulled down... The guy checking us in was pleasant but dear god please don't stay at this hotel unless your ok on sleeping upright against the wall..before leaving the hotel and hearing the reviews I got a message from one of a friend to bring a pillow case!! We all brought one and it came in handy, just forgot the hand sanitizer...

Room Tip: The bigger the better and on first level, not down stairs as u won't get any natural light...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cat916
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed September 12, 2012

we had the last room available, so probably not the best. For 100 pounds it seemed very expensive, but in London what can you expect?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 29, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was looking for a cheap hotel in London when I found the Blair Victoria Hotel. The Hotel is close to the Victoria Station which is brilliant. Location is Good. Service is only okay. The Hotel is very old and not very clean. I don't know why they are called a Hotel, A guest house or B&B should be enough. The Room was very small and not very clean. The Beds were not very clean some bed sheets were dirty. I did not feel comfortable staying in this Hotel. The Bathroom was really small and old and dirty. small shower small sink just like in a hostel. NO Air condition. I really expected more from this place at its price. Breakfast was also very strange. It was held in a little room. Food was terrible, I had to go to Mc Donalds to have my Breakfast which was much better. I rather book a hotel room at a high price than this.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family