“Super soft toilet paper!”

and 1 more site!
Mabledon Court Hotel
Ranked #938 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I regularly stay in London, and like to see what I can get for less than £100.00. As it was a busy night in London I had to pay £95.00, still less than most of my regular hotels that night.
I found this place to be excellent. Walking distance of Kings Cross/St Pancras, comfy 4 foot single bed with decent bedding, new widescreen tv, shortbread biscuits with the tea & coffee and compact but very clean bathroom with some of the poshest toilet paper I've ever found in a hotel room!
The staff were all friendly and a decent full english breakfast was included.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cloud9leeds

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I agree with a recent reviewer of this hotel, that for £65 B&B you cannot complain and I was actually pleasantly surprised. Good points were that the lift did work (though an old fashioned one) the room was small but the bed comfy, a new Samsung flatscreen TV and there was hot water in the shower AND coffee/tea faciltiies in the room. It's what you get a Premier Inn for closer to £100 in the same area of London. The breakfast was OK. Good selection of fruits, cereals and yoghurts and the full english was half the size that I'd expect, but it was freshly cooked and hot, so no major grumbles.

If you need a hotel close to St Pancras/Euston, then I would recommend this if you're on a budget.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank K500DCB
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed here recently. We arrived and we were informed our room was on the second floor.
A lift, he said, was round the corner in a corridor. Cue us pressing lift door.
Nothing, no movement.We walked to floor two , only to find our room was not there.
We found the room on floor 4. We walked up many flights of narrow steep stairs. Five minutes after getting to our tiny room, a woman opens our door without knocking, and says "I was just checking."
Room was 16 feet by 8 feet maximum, in there is a double bed, a tiny wardrobe etc.
Shower room very very small. You end up with your back wrapped in shower curtain as cubicle is too small to accommodate yo9u.
If over 5 8 in height you must bend to get below the immovable shower head . It looks like a 1950s vintage shower at best.
Breakfast is fruit and cereal with an option of cooked food and toast. Loads of coffee tea and orange juice etc.Breakfast staff seem pleasant, two youn women from Poland, who are nice on contact, and quite helpful.
On Friday , April 6th, we arrived back at night only to see a bag of rubbish, open , left neatly outside our bedroom door.
Still open and stinking at 1015 Saturday as we were departing.
All for 98 pounds a night.

On the positive side, the bed was lovely and very comfortable.
It is pressed against the wall so if 2 sharing, they both get in at the same side of the bed.
Location is excellent and they hold your luggage all day on your last day.

Room Tip: Ask for the ground floor, as upstairs is too far , especially as lift so old fashioned that you nee...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travellling1964
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We paid £65 for a room here including breakfast - for London that's amazing. But if you're paying £65 you cant expect too much.
I was pleasantly surprised by the room, although it was really small, it was recently re-furbished and was really quite nice. The photos on the website haven't been updated yet and really don't do it justice. The bathroom was really tiny though - I'm not a big person but i found it a squeeze in the shower.
Free Wifi
Parking is great you can literally park right outside and it's free 1830-0830 which was perfect for us. Russell Square is a 5 min walk away.
Breakfast was pretty good too.
All in all I'd say this hotel is really good value for money - as long as you're not expecting too much. I'd stay again on a business trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed February 10, 2012

£60 a night, next door to a pub, 5 min walk from King's Cross, clean and friendly. What more do you want for a budget London hotel - I've stayed in far, far worse for this price range. 5 stars if they heat the beans more! :D

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank nicecoldbeers
Reviewed January 12, 2012

|I thought this was a lovely little hotel for a quick London visit.It was clean and comfortable, if a trifle small. The chap at reception was delightfully helpful and so were all the staff I encountered. It is perfectly situated for King's Cross and Euston, and convenient for popping along to Bloomsbury. They also provided a most acceptable cooked breakfast, and for the price, I would recommend it heartily.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Frillylil
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed here because it was close to Euston, because I got a reasonable rate and it's not a chain. The room was miniscule (more a single with a double bed in it ) but for what I wanted it was adequate. There is a lovely old-fashioned, quirky lift. The bed was comfortable and clean but very little space in the room. The shower was also bijou but hot and strong, even if it turned into a wet room. The room was very warm but the windows opened and I always carry war plugs, so that wasn't a problem. The rate included breakfast which although not huge was freshly cooked. There is also a lounge beside the breakfast room. Reception is 24 hours and very friendly. There is a pub selling food right next door, the usual chain restaurants on Euston Road and more individual restaurants a short walk away in Bloomsbury.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business