“Good Times in london”

The Maranton House Hotel
Ranked #927 of 1,089 Hotels in London

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kyiv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Pluses:

- Very convenient and pleasant location (3 minutes to Earl's Court tube) but on a quiet green street
- Nice and honest staff (one day we forgot 100 GBP right on a table and nobody touched it)
- No credit card or cash deposit required
- Surprisingly very convenient bed (we had a lot of wonderful dreams each night )
- Good quality of hot water, central heating was working on a cold night (10 degrees in June)

Minuses:

- No elevator that means problems if you have heavy bags and were allocated a room on top
- Wi-fi was not working at our room, coverage is very limited
- Many small and cheap improvement could be done in rooms (like lacking part of lamp, old sockets, etc.)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hlib V
Port Chester, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

I recently just got back from my trip to London, and i sincerely loved this hotel.
I stayed in room 12, and it was spacious, which surprised me as many reviews/hotel reviews in general go on about how small London Hotel rooms are. But it was spacious, my full size bed was great for it's purpose: which was sleeping after many tiring hours of sightseeing.
The bathroom was perfectly clean, and when i did let housekeeping into my room to clean, everything was the way i left it & smelled of cleaning product (which is always a good sign).
I am already looking to go back to London, and I fully plan on booking this hotel again.

MY ONE NEGATIVE is the wifi. As i said I had room 12 (which i totally recommend), HOWEVER, the signal was at it's weakest there, and it only worked for me my first day in the hotel. If you have a smart phone (that works overseas), this isnt a big deal, but i didnt and had to buy a phone for the internet.

I would however tell people who would like to stay here, NOT to pack a lot. There is no elevator, so carrying a lot of bags won't be easy if you are alone.

The GREATEST thing of all, is it's location. You are practically right at Earl's Court tube station, and you have a Mark & Spencers right down the block as well as fast food places, great pubs. I'm a woman who decided to travel alone to London, and never once did i truly feel alone. Earl's Court is phenomenal, and i miss it so much already! It's constantly busy, and there is everything a small 2min walk away. Best trip ever.

All in all, i was unbelievably happy with this hotel & it's service.

Room Tip: Room 12 was unbelievably clean, quiet, and i sincerely loved it. It provides a view of other homes...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Maritza L
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Our first room was nice enough, pretty much what I was expecting, except the bathroom smelled a little bad. When I called the front desk to ask after the Wifi password, he said that I probably wouldn't be able to get a signal from my room and that I could switch if I wanted. We agreed to switch, and were led to a gorgeous room on the front of the hotel with lots of sunlight and not one, but TWO balconies. We were very happy about the looks of it, and the Wifi worked just fine. During the daytime it was the perfect room. At night, was a little different.

As the hotel is situated directly across the street from a hostel, there are people coming and going on the street all night that aren't exactly quiet, and there is construction going on just down the way that starts up early in the morning. Which, you could sleep thru if the bed wasn't quite so hard. That wouldn't be terrible if you could get a nice hot shower and some breakfast, but the shower was the coldest I'd EVER had, and the towels are the scratchiest. Oh, and for the price breakfast is NOT included.

The location is great though, so I'd have to think twice about whether I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 10 in the front is gorgeous, but loud in the morning.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sweet_insurgent
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed 4 nights there with my family (3 persons). For GBP 85.00 per night we have got a quite specious rooms suitable for a family and some breakfast.

Room itself and furniture seems to be in need of some "facelifting", however value for money beats all.

There should be free Wi-Fi available, but it was out of order during whole our stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family