“Stay at Manaton hotel”

The Maranton House Hotel
Ranked #925 of 1,088 Hotels in London

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Port Chester, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

I recently just got back from my trip to London, and i sincerely loved this hotel.
I stayed in room 12, and it was spacious, which surprised me as many reviews/hotel reviews in general go on about how small London Hotel rooms are. But it was spacious, my full size bed was great for it's purpose: which was sleeping after many tiring hours of sightseeing.
The bathroom was perfectly clean, and when i did let housekeeping into my room to clean, everything was the way i left it & smelled of cleaning product (which is always a good sign).
I am already looking to go back to London, and I fully plan on booking this hotel again.

MY ONE NEGATIVE is the wifi. As i said I had room 12 (which i totally recommend), HOWEVER, the signal was at it's weakest there, and it only worked for me my first day in the hotel. If you have a smart phone (that works overseas), this isnt a big deal, but i didnt and had to buy a phone for the internet.

I would however tell people who would like to stay here, NOT to pack a lot. There is no elevator, so carrying a lot of bags won't be easy if you are alone.

The GREATEST thing of all, is it's location. You are practically right at Earl's Court tube station, and you have a Mark & Spencers right down the block as well as fast food places, great pubs. I'm a woman who decided to travel alone to London, and never once did i truly feel alone. Earl's Court is phenomenal, and i miss it so much already! It's constantly busy, and there is everything a small 2min walk away. Best trip ever.

All in all, i was unbelievably happy with this hotel & it's service.

Room Tip: Room 12 was unbelievably clean, quiet, and i sincerely loved it. It provides a view of other homes...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Maritza L
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Our first room was nice enough, pretty much what I was expecting, except the bathroom smelled a little bad. When I called the front desk to ask after the Wifi password, he said that I probably wouldn't be able to get a signal from my room and that I could switch if I wanted. We agreed to switch, and were led to a gorgeous room on the front of the hotel with lots of sunlight and not one, but TWO balconies. We were very happy about the looks of it, and the Wifi worked just fine. During the daytime it was the perfect room. At night, was a little different.

As the hotel is situated directly across the street from a hostel, there are people coming and going on the street all night that aren't exactly quiet, and there is construction going on just down the way that starts up early in the morning. Which, you could sleep thru if the bed wasn't quite so hard. That wouldn't be terrible if you could get a nice hot shower and some breakfast, but the shower was the coldest I'd EVER had, and the towels are the scratchiest. Oh, and for the price breakfast is NOT included.

The location is great though, so I'd have to think twice about whether I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 10 in the front is gorgeous, but loud in the morning.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sweet_insurgent
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed 4 nights there with my family (3 persons). For GBP 85.00 per night we have got a quite specious rooms suitable for a family and some breakfast.

Room itself and furniture seems to be in need of some "facelifting", however value for money beats all.

There should be free Wi-Fi available, but it was out of order during whole our stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Cairo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

This is my 12th time to stay at the Maranton. It is one of the best hotels in London. When ever am there I feel like am home. The Maranton is perfect in every thing its services … cleanness all people there are nice and helpful.
If you are in London you will not enjoy your stay there if you did not visit the Maranton.
Khaled Taher - Egypt

Room Tip: All the rooms at the Maranton are really nice and comfortable
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

I like this area and like staying in it so thought I would try The Maranton House. I liked it and found the staff friendly but just having come from another small Hotel in another part of London with similar pricing there was no comparison on the breakfast. If you are working all day this actually becomes a bit of an issue and I think they are being short sighted in dishing up cold cheese and a bit of meat-who on earth eats like that at breakfast? It certainly makes me think twice about going back unfortunately as I need a proper breakfast if working all day.
Other than that it is good and I enjoyed it. There is a nice Lobby area, and it is very convenient for Earls Court, with lots of food shops and take aways.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Hinckley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

We needed a lot of rooms at a decent price and this met our needs! 2min walk from Earls Court u/ground. My room was spacious, clean and comfy, I would stay there again!

• Stayed November 2011