“Avoid at all cost!”

London Premier Kensington
Ranked #955 of 1,068 Hotels in London
“Avoid at all cost!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

What a terrible place! We were in a tiny room in the basement! You get disturbed by the constant racket of the underground trains right below you. No air conditioning and the room was like a sauna! Asked to be moved but nothing else available. Staff very unhelpful. This hotel is very poor for the money. Avoid!!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank McStuey
naveen c, Manager at London Premier Kensington, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Regarding the train noise we are extremely sorry as our management had installed double glazing near to the windows to reduce the noise levels which unfortunately our hotel is located next to the railway line. Our buildings are of Victorian style and some of the rooms are designed according to the dimension and nature of the building.I am sorry to hear that the size of our bedrooms was not to your liking.

We always strive to provide high standards in customer service and take a positive note from your valuable comments and aim to achieve to improve to highest level of service.

please do contact us on fom.townhouse@theshaftesbury.com to discuss the issues.

I Once again thank you and look forward for your reply.

Naveen Cheruku

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2014

shocking experience!!! when we arrive it all seemed fine staff were ok a bit unenthusiastic but ok showed us to our room which we thought would be nice as they has put on the description fully refurbished we entered the room which was a lot smaller than the rooms advertised on the website so small that the dressing table under the mirror left me little space to get around it and the bed I noticed a vile looking stain on the head board god knows what it was and some hairs in the bed I though I would check the bedding no quilt just a sheet and a Vile looking wool blank I lifted to see if the mattress that has no protector only to see more hairs under the mattress and a sheet just covering the mattress the mattress was so badly stained I feel it should no longer be used and replaced if not a protector to be placed on it we went to used the dresser drawer but didn't as the door was falling of the air com in the room gurgled and bused every 30mins or so keeping me away as the hotel was way to hot so needed to be on we noticed a really bad smell and though it might of just been the toilet had been previously used and still some smell had been there so we went out for the rest of the day returning in the evening to get ready the smell was still there and it has got much worse so I tried closing he bathroom door which was a struggle as the door didn't close properly without yank it shut and when we had returned the bedroom area didn't smell until we opened the bathroom door again and it was awful like a baked up drain the bathroom looked like t had partly done up but he shower and big scrapes in it and still hair from the previous say in the shower the shower do was almost impossible to slide across so I gave up until my partner helped push it shut from the outside and helped me open it again I wanted to leave the hotel at once but due to Chelsea flower show the whole of London was either double price or fully booked I have attached some photos and as you can see on the website my room looks nothing like the rooms showed hence my disappointment!! NOTE TO PEOPLE AVOID AT ALL COSTS I emailed them to complain and got offered a 25% reduction which is a joke I want a full refund but am being ignored

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J190582
naveen c, Manager at London Premier Kensington, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback and it has been taken on to the higher authority.

We will look into the points raised in the review and will give them a serious consideration.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your stay. I can assure you that all points have been shared with respective departments.

Please feel free to contact us at fom.townhouse@theshaftesbury.com and once again please and discuss with us.

Yours Sincerely,

brumejum
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I don't write many bad ones as I'm generally pleased with what I get. This place is an exception. I booked it (stupidly) in a rush and got caught by the Premier in the title and thought I was booking the Premier Inn, plenty of them around this area and all very good. We were on business so arrived late around 10pm and all the nice talked about hotel rooms were gone.
We were shown to our Superior room, I have no idea how they got the title for this room as It was a shoe box with a double bed squeezed in. You couldn't open the door fully as it hit the bed! The wallpaper was peeling and the sound of the underground felt like it was personally piped into the room for your displeasure. I very politely asked the chap on reception (there were lots of not so happy guests waiting) had he got something a bit bigger?
No and we couldn't have a refund he said, not Twice but three times.
When we checked in we had to pay a cash deposit of £20 in case of damage to the room?
In 20 years of my hotel experience I've never had to do that.
I found another hotel for us to check into. I would have spent the night in the Van rather than stay here. As for the refund please spend it on staff training as yours stinks!
did I mention that the lift doesn't go to our room two flights of stairs.
Don't be fooled by the concerned reply from the hotel at the bottom of my review as if you look through all the other reviews you will see the same "we will take on board your comments and we are so sorry you had a bad experience " etc. But you haven't taken them on board and its not a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank hillbillyBrum
naveen c, Manager at London Premier Kensington, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us, We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you in regards to the room size,train noise,service and the room facilities.

We always aim to provide high standard service. Some of our rooms are smaller some are larger than others depending on the dimension of the building,which is a Victorian style, I am sorry to hear that the size of our bedrooms was not to your liking.

Depending on the dimension of the building we have provided stairs wherever it is necessary. but we have lift facility to all the floors except for one.

I hope you decide to give us a second chance and decide to return in a near future. please do contact us on fom.townhouse@theshaftesbury.com or 02073701445 to discuss the issues.

I Once again thank you and look forward for your reply.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Rooms are moderate for London 3 star hotel. However staff had made my stay excellent with good service mind and very helpful. I got big bedroom for single stay. Suggest to have wifi in rooms and not cable connection as most gadget nowadays are wifi connection.

Room Tip: Room at 5th floor with big bedroom. Hotel staff can arrange for baggage movement.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank yingjitlada
naveen c, Manager at London Premier Kensington, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your stay at London Premier Kensington, we are very much excited to read your excellent comments.

I have shared your valuable and excellent comments with my great team who along with myself hope to welcome you in the near future.

Hope to see u soon and welcome.

Warm Regards,

Naveen Cheruku & All the team from London Premier Kensington.
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed May 20, 2014

tiny room, tv did not work,noise from tube. only good thing about the hotel was it's location.
The desvripton of the hotel included a fridge in each room' ,safe in each room. none of this existed in the room!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
naveen c, Manager at London Premier Kensington, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please, accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your stay. I can assure you that all points have been shared with respective departments.

Please feel free to contact us at fom.townhouse@theshaftesbury.com and once again please accept my sincere apologies.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Rooms are moderate for London 3 star hotel. However staff had made my stay excellent and will return by June 2014. Suggest to have wifi in rooms and not cable connection as most gadget nowadays are wifi equip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Amin A
naveen c, Front Office Manager at London Premier Kensington, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you would return to London Premier Kensington and would personally like to welcome you and your family back when you visit London.please contact us on fom.townhouse@the shaftesbury.com.

Warm Regards,

Naveen Cheruku & All the team from London Premier Kensington
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Very good location, and great price, couple minutes walk to earls court tube station, room was small but well furnished and current. Staff are friendly, and well presented.
Issues, the corridor doors are heavy fire doors and are noisy and constantly bang shut from 700 in morning, no chance of a lay in!!
And the room have an annoying green led light in the ceiling, which is so bright it illumated the whole room, when you turn off the TV and lights. it's for the smoke detector. If the light was red I believe people from the outside would tap on the window looking for extras!!!
But this is where a plaster and the bottle cap from the complimentary shower gel comes in handy, you can cover the light. Not perfect but at least you can sleep until 7 in the morning!!!!!
The breakfast is buffet style and very nice, plenty of choice. Check in was easy, so was check out, beware if you hope to check in early I had to wait til 2pm on the dot to get my room key.
I would stay again but I would call and ask for a room not near the corridor doors, before I paid.

Room Tip: Not near the corridor doors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ASehgal, Manager at London Premier Kensington, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable and good comments about the staff, and suggestions in regards to the noisy fire doors. We value your feedback and it has been taken on to the higher authority.