“Average In The Basics”

Grange Holborn Hotel
Ranked #408 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Slightly dubious after previous mixed reviews. Key worries in advance of poor check-in, lack of cleanliness and noise all failed to materialise. Check in was quick and efficient. My room (in a small "lobby" area on the first floor) was clean and quiet. The biggest gripe was that the bed was a fold-down type. This hadn't been notified in advance, which to my mind is sharp practice. If you pay for what purports to be a five star hotel then surely the least you can expect is a bed.

I didn't use any other hotel facilities so have no real complaints. The location is excellent for both the City and the West End, which was one of the reasons for choosing the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,222)

Reviewed August 14, 2010

When walking into the hotel i was stunned to see such a beautiful sight and friendly people. the staff were amazingly friendly and helped with everything you needed. the rooms were lovely and quiet and the beds were so soft you automatically relaxed and fell asleep! the bathroom was abit small but hey you dont spend your day in there! it was close to a secured car park and underground stations and was only a short walk from oxford street. i would stay in this hotel again for sure!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
15  Thank lill_becky
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Stayed here over the weekend with a friend. We got a very good deal from last minute. Check in was quick and straightforward. Room was spacious and comfortable. We used the health club especially liked the free fruit juice and pool equipment. (woggles etc). Staff were very attentive and polite, Slept well and check out was just as quick.
Would stay again for a cheap deal but not for full price as decor tired and carpet marked in room

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank banana36
Reviewed August 6, 2010

I got a good deal on lastminute for this hotel. While its not what I would class as a 5 star it still a reasonable hotel in a great location very close to Holborn tube and a short walk from Long Acre. I upgraded to an Executive room which was spacious, and although looking out over the road and close to an ice machine, was quiet. The decor could do with updating but the room was comfortable and clean. I didn't breakfast at the hotel as there are lots of other options nearby. Key for me was the great location and reasonable price. I'd recommend this to others looking for a handy base to explore central london.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2010

It is now the second time I stayed at the Grange Holborn and I can not express how greatfull I am that I have mate this choise.
It started with the chek in-the friendly receptionist had prepared my registration card before my arrival and i only had to sign it-he even remembered my name from the last stay-and the concierge delivered my luggage straight to the room.
During my stay the staff has been very welcoming and has made me feel very important. When I checked out the General Manager himself was called and made sure if I enjoyed my stay.
It is a pleassure for me to write this report as I keep thinking about the wonderfull time I had and I want people to enjoy the same expeariance like I did.

I certainly come back

Jakline

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
12  Thank jakline81
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My husband and I spent a 3 night stay at the Grange Holburn last week. We had a really nice room, spacious, clean and a lovely bathroom with a shower/bath. We also received bathrobes and slippers on requesting them. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful eg buying concert tickets online.
We did not have breakfast at the hotel but used the Patisserie Valerie in Sicilian Avenue practically across from the hotel. Buses and tube were a 2minute walk from our location . We wanted to be near Covent Garden for shows . Holburn Station was on the Picadilly line from Heathrow....so it was easily accessed from the airport.
We were celebrating a special birthday and staying at this hotel was in large part responsible for us having a fantastic weekend.

Excellent hotel. Lovely spacious room, bathrobes and slippers supplied. Staff friendly, helpful. Great location.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kathAberdeenUK
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My wife was going down to London for 2 days on business, so we decided to make a weekend of it, see a show and a few of the sights. This Hotel appears to be mainly used by Business Customers as it's in that kind of area, however thats not such a bad thing as it makes it quiet and comfortable. The Hotel service was very good, especially the Concierge, the bar area very nice and relaxing and the room a pretty standard big city room, not overly large, but adequate. The tourist areas are a little bit away from this area, however if you know the quickest route (as my wife does as she has lived in London) it's only 10-15 minutes walk to Oxford Steet, Tottenhan Court Road or even Covent Garden. Oh and it's really in the Bloombury area of London and not really Holburn ? And the restaurants around the Hotel,t here area a few, are not so touristy, so better value.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business