Grange Holborn Hotel
$377
$314
$256
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $321/night.

$143
$288
$279
Orbitz.com
2,313 results
All reviewscovent gardensauna and steam roomswimming poolbritish museumsouthampton rowwest endleisure facilitieshealth clubtwo double bedsmini barrooftop bargood sizebit datedbooked this hotelcentral locationcontinental breakfastan upgrade
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Whose stars are you counting? Good for late night-partying in London, not much else. Most of the Hen parties seemed to dominate the residents so you get an idea of the weekend market segment they are targeting. The breakfast included in the rate was noticeably cheap and seemed as if the Saturday breakfast offered would have been fresher on Friday, as I sure that it would have seen most of the same. I almost cried when an older lady asked a waiter to bring her white toast and strawberry jam and he indicated the piles where she could go and get them herself.
Would I stay here again? No.
Was it everything I hate about small chain hotels in the UK? Yes.
Will they ever change until they stop recruiting the first warm bodies who apply for a job or start offering decent wages? No.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Stayed Sunday night before May bank holiday at Grange Holborn through lastminute.com secret hotel deal (when looking at these check for the 5* rated hotel which says nearest rail station Euston/Kings Cross, nearest Metro Holborn). Paid £110 for King room, though standard double was available for £90. Got given great room, good sized seperate sitting area with TV, nice big bedroom with TV and large, very comfortable bed. All furnishings well kept and high quality, service from everyone we met friendly and prompt, except when we rang down (twice) to let them know TV remote did not work no one appeared as was promised. Other than this would certainly go back when next in London, hotel is really central (tube 2 mins, plenty of buses going back and fore, Covent Garden no more than 10-15 minutes stroll).

One tip, if you are staying at the weekend, Old Gloucester Street just behind the hotel, off Theobald Road, has a lot of metered parking bays which are free from Sat lunchtime until 0800 Monday morning.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ianto999
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Stayed in the hotel for one night only with my boyfriend. We booked through lastminute.com and paid 80 pounds for the room. We checked in and were only given the keys to the room, my boyfriend had to ask the man in the reception for more information on the hotel which was then given. The room we had was average size, the furniture was chipped and dated, mid 50s or 60s more like. The carpet was old and there was a big blue stain outside the bathroom. The bed was strange underneath, some old style bed but it was comfortable and there were extra pillows if needed. We had a kettle, selection of tea and coffee and milk but only 4 milks so they were not enough. We also had a computerised fridge so after touching one of the mini bottles of alcohol we had to check that it was not put on our bill as apparently if you remove it off the shelf can be seen as being consumed. TV was OK, flat screen with some extra channels. The bathroom was tiny- small sink, bath, and shower but water was not hot enough. When we went out after 1 hour of checking in and then came back our bathroom bin had disappeared. I did not understand why it was taken out- was the room cleaned after 1 hour since we checked in. Anyway, I phoned reception from the old knackered phone in our room to request a bin for our bathroom, so 45 minutes later still no bin, so I had to phone again and after further 10 minutes a member of staff brought the bin which was not a bathroom bin but a paper waste basket. I told him that it is not exactly a bin for the bathroom but he just smiled and pushed it in my hands. Just to make the point here, which 5 star hotel will make you wait nearly 1 hour and 2 phone calls later until you get a bin??? My boyfriend decided to use the swimming pool so when we got there the girl was very surprised and acted like we were supposed to know everything so at the end she asked us if we are staying at the hotel! I wander if people can just turn up from the street and ask to use their pool? I would not say that is a 5 star hotel personally, the service we got was not professional and I would not go there again. The hotel is 250 pounds a night if you just turn up at the hotel. Maybe they treat the people who paid more money better, who knows?

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2010

For it’s location this hotel is perfect – Covent Garden just 10 minutes walk, underground station just 3 minutes from hotel. Hotel staff were excellent very friendly and helpful. Rooms: Clean and tidy but faded not what you’d expect for a 5 star. Continental breakfast plenty of choice we needed of had the full breakfast option continental would have been enough. Parking was a short distance away and cost £50 for 24 hours. If the price good I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2010

My second time in this hotel. Location perfect but it has seen better days. We had a double superior but there was no superior about our room. Carpet had spots on and the bathroom was not spotless either.

Breakfast was good. Though I'm not a fan of hotels that don't think of the environment and use disposable to everything :(

Wifi to expensive as well.

Because of the value for the money we paid I give it Very Good but if was more expensive on rating would go......

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple