“a short experience”

Ranked #410 of 1,068 Hotels in London
taiwan
“a short experience”
Reviewed September 11, 2006

My short experience at the grange holborn was great and fulfilling. I was with my college friends there on a reunion where we were meeting after a long time and we were looking for a great day out. The koto restaurant serving the Japanese was a delight. The hotel was clean and green with a tailor-made design and an exemplary service that helped us celebrate our most joyful moments together. We had also spent the evening at the pool where we enjoyed an hour full of leisure and off coarse our glasses of wine. To add to it the hotel also offered us a range of other facilities where we were did go for the wonderful spa getting the most relaxing of the massage done. Good food, wine and all the comforts in the heart of luxury, it was a splendid and unforgettable re-union for us.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — no.. just go for it
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
14 Thank power1232

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cross Keys, South Wales
Reviewed August 31, 2006

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Grange Holborn hotel on the August Bank Holiday weekend. Its in a fantastic location, and not even I could get lost! As soon as we arrived the reception staff were very friendly and they told us we had been upgrade to an executive suite. All staff were very friendly even though they did like ogle at my girlfriend. The pool was amazing and it has a nice sauna and steam room! All the facilities are fantastic and the rooms and nice and clean. Id recommend this hotel to everyone! For the price we paid it was the best hotel we have stayed in!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
14 Thank dunky_666
columbia
Reviewed July 23, 2006

It was a wonderful family vacation for us in London. I, my wife and our two children had a complete blast out there. Thanks to the internet, we had made a reservation there at the “Grange holborne” and I must commend it was a fabulous hotel to check into. We took the “quad” or the “family ensuite room”. It was very spacious with twin double beds, was clean and had a distinct presence of its own. The furniture was exquisite, and the facilities provided by the hotel were good and noticeable. The best display of sportsmanship by the hotel was when I had accidentally left my watch by the pool-side, and had thought to have lost it; on a little request, it was one of the hotel staff who found it for me after he had searched everywhere I had been to all day. I’ll confess that though I had acted unperturbed, but the thought of a 400 pound loss gave me cramps in the stomach. Rest I’d say that the hotel catered to all our needs very well and I do recommend it to all.

Stayed June 2006
8 Thank sinthiya
Merseyside, England
Reviewed July 21, 2006

This hotel has had mixed press on this site and I was quite concerned after reading some reviews. We paid £120 for a Saturday night stay and found the hotel to be wonderful.

There is a beautiful pool in the basement - a bit chilly if you like a warm pool but a decent length to swim in (15m). The room we had was very spacious with a good sized bathroom with nice Gilchrist and Soames toiletries.

we didn't really spend much time IN the hotel but the staff we did meet were very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was fine - included in our rate. However I think I would have felt ripped off if I'd had to pay for what was available. The prices were scary - 14.50 for a mediocre continental breakfast, and 20.50 for an average cooked. As an included breakfast it was fine, average quality but nothing to get excited about.

I would definately stay again, the location if FAB....very central and the pool was a wonderful antedote to the heatwave weather of teh weekend!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — breakfast a bit average
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a higher floor room at the back of the hotel where it is less noisy and the views are good.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
7 Thank katv
austria
Reviewed July 13, 2006

Last month I had to take my mother to visit a doctor in London. We had our bookings at hotel Grange City. We were warmly welcomed at the reception. My mother has arthritis and so she was having a severe pain in her leg and my 3 months old baby was not going to keep quite. We were impressed by the hotel staff which helped out with a wheel chair from the handicapped centre and another attendant helped me out with the child. We were received by a well maintained room with neatly laid out beds and clean carpet. Big and beautiful curtains hung from the window from where the majestic river Thames was visible .The beautiful green patches around the hotel coupled with historical monuments of tower of London on one side and the Trinity church on the other hand is a view unmatched. By the time we had reached it was lunch time, after getting ready we moved to the dinning hall and were served hot with the world’s best continental-nice, tasty and nutritious. Finally the hotel staff arranged a cab for us to the doctor’s, but where do I leave my child?....again the answer was Grange. Well I would say it was a challenge for me and without Grange it wouldn’t have been possible. They took care of my baby perfectly and when I came back I found my darling bubbling with energy.

6 Thank mayuri1
brazilia
Reviewed July 11, 2006

My wife described it as a luxury hot spot in the midst of tourism. The grange holborne presented a mouthful of delight to us on our London tour. At first on our arrival it was good food that we were looking for as we were very hungry. For that we were escorted straight to the constellation restaurant where the food was delicious and more than pleasing. Secondly, we didn’t have any reservation and it was by sheer luck that we got a room of our choice at a time that was the peak of tourism in London. There we found the room world class and with a zealous look about itself. We really felt lucky to have landed in such a spot. The room service provided by the hotel was excellent and sharp where we felt well attended to. The ambience of the hotel was mind blowing and we really enjoyed our stay there.

18 Thank sinred235
Malvern, Worcs
Reviewed July 2, 2006

Stayed in the Grange for a long weekend in London, got the room on a special rate which was excellent value for money, however despite the extremely comfortable bed and good amenities in the room, the room itself was much smaller than expected and more to the standard of a 4 star rather than 5. The breakfast was good and the restaurants are bars are nice with good decor, however, BEWARE OF THE CHEESE!!

I ordered cheese and biscuits as a desert one night and couldnt believe it! you know where brie marbelises, there was none of that! the stilton didnt have the stilton stamp of marksmanship and the chedder hadnt even been given time to get chedderised like the framers market towns local produce could have septicided the ramsgate metro system in prospect!! like you would expect! I had 5 slices of edam not 4, and the layout, well, talk about spinning a top and watching the airgo heap downside up like Peter Gabriel!

I hope these matters dont matter to you like they matter to me, WHATS THE MATTER!!!

• Stayed July 2006