“Perfect location and good deal”

Grange Holborn Hotel
Ranked #411 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My friend and I booked this hotel at Heathrow, and got a great deal on our stay. We were only looking for a clean place to stay and ended up with a great little room that was spacious (European standards) clean and comfortable. The concierge was extremely helpful regarding restaurants and tours. The best part? The hotel is only 2 blocks from the Tube and you are within walking distance Oxford Circus and the shopping on Regent Street. We had a room in the back of the hotel and it was very quiet, which was exactly what we needed!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank dalkey22
There are newer reviews for Grange Holborn Hotel

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed for a weekend break with my partner at the grange holborn. I booked it as a secret room via the Internet for two nights. Before arrival I upgraded my room package to the romantica and was helped greatly by the staff to arrange this. Initial impressions were fantastic, great location, smart interior and a lovely room with champagne and strawberries waiting as ordered. Having stayed in many hotels around the world for work I have to admit that while the rooms are nice, I have had better in hotels with a lower star rating. While generally clean the room was showing some signs of age and use particularly in the bathroom and carpets. I was also not pleased with the cleaning while I was there. The housekeeping staff merely emptied the bin and did not remove empty bottles or the plate for the strawberries. They also did not replace or clean the glasses we had left in the room. Do also note that the elevators are very busy in the morning but this is to be expected. I paid for breakfast but it was not worth nearly £30 per person with average food. Despite this I was satisfied with the hotel but feel that for the cost there are better hotels available in London.

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank Flybeboo
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotels is just off the tube station and is excellent. The pool is fantastic and although perhaps not as five star as the very top hotels, it is still fantastic value as it is not extortionate like others close by. All in all one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
18  Thank IHC2008
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last weekend with my wife and some good friends. Our visit was a special occasion to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our company. We were delighted with our stay. On arrival, staff were welcoming and prompt. We were very pleased with the two junior suites. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The bed was comfortable with reasonably nice views across the city.

Unfortunately we were not able to try the spa treatments as this was fully booked - perhaps one small improvement would be to let guests know to book well in advance for this.

We did try the swimming pool, sauna and steam room which were great.

Breakfast was really good - lots of choice and efficient service - plenty of tea coffee and toast brought to our table. Good selection of hot and cold food at the buffet.

The hotel happily kept our bags for the day after check-out, while we went sightseeing.

Overall I would strongly recommend the hotel as an alternative to much more expensive quality hotels in the capital.

Room Tip: Book early if you want spa treatments
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
17  Thank Neil J
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I have just spent 2 nights at The Grange in Holborn and were very disappointed.
I booked through Last Minute as a Top Secret 5* hotel. Obviously you don't find out the exact hotel you have been allocated until you have paid, once we found out the name we researched on trip advisor, most of the reviews looked very good so was quite looking forward to our stay.
On our arrival Friday afternoon we were met by the doormen and shown to the reception area, we checked into our room quite quickly, even though there was about 4/5 receptionist trying to get us checked in. We decide to get a drink from the bar to take up to our room with us, my wife was served her drink but there seemed to be a problem with he beer pump for mine, the bar tender instead of offering to have the drink brought to our room just said "something wrong with the pump, you will have to wait about 10 mins until its sorted" After asking twice to have my drink sent to my room she agreed.
First impressions of our room were not good either, rather dated, dirty bathroom etc. although quite spacious.
When returning late at night the main door is closed so you have to walk round to the back entrance.
Saturday late afternoon we returned from our day out and again decide to have a drink at the bar before going back to room, this time the bar tender tried to tell me "you can't put your drinks on your room as it's a cash only room" - sorry but didn't have a problem last night! Bar tender was quite rude so insisted he checked with reception, turned out he was trying to put drinks on a completely different room to mine. Still never received an apology just a grunt as we were walking back to bar.
Overall our experience was not very good and cannot for the life of me see how this hotel is given a 5* rating, more like 3* at a push, will never go back here or book a Top Secret hotel with last minute again.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel !!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Hotel ok, clean enough but should not be rated a 5 star, served a purpose but not all its cracked up to be, tired and dated. Staff not overly helpful, manager even less so. Bed comfortable and we only used it as a base, but think the 5 stars are a little misleading.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My sister and I had a fantastic 2 night stay while we celebrated her 30th birthday. Great location, very polite staff, great room with great view and extremely good massage in the spa. We would definitely stay again, it was worth every penny!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends