“Another Excellent London Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grange Holborn Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Grange Holborn Hotel
Ranked #389 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Drayton, United Kingdom
“Another Excellent London Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Another Excellent London Hotel
We stayed at the Grange Holborn this weekend for a Hen weekend.
there where 6 people, The rooms where excellent ( we where given an up grade) the food very good, Excellent service, and the Bar prices very reasonable,
Thank you for an excellent weekend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
19 Thank kerrkennie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was a quaint (euphemism for small) hotel in the Holborn section of London. While they say London is a walk-able city, the blisters on my feet would have disagreed. But, if you want to avoid the expensive Mayfair section, this is as good as any within the city area with only a 5-10 minute walk to the tubes with two lines (piccadilly and central if I recall correctly). The rooms were small and clean. We didn't eat at the hotel, but the breakfast did smell good. We were there at peak season so while the price was not exactly a bargain, it was well priced comparably with other hotels in the city for the same time period. But, I think this was rated as a four star hotel due to the amenities, but really it is a very nice 3 star in quality. If you think of it that way then you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank DJV2
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Having stayed in most hotels in the area for work, this has so far been the best option in terms of comfort, value, service, and noise levels. For me, working in the area, this is ideal. And having to hit a 200 character count, I've added this sentence which is not relevant at all to my stay.

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank tonyrumgay
Swindon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel for the weekend, rooms are very big two double beds in rooms very spacious. The staff do anything for you. The swimming pool is great to and great end to the weekend. Lots of variety of food for breakfast hot and cold food. Will defiantly go back here again.

• Stayed September 2013
20 Thank Naomi T
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Spent three nights here while attending a conference in nearby Lincoln's Inn Fields, accompanied by my wife and unexpectedly,on the final night, our teenage daughter. Staff were very helpful in finding and transferring us to a family room for only a modest supplement. Hotel is very well located for Covent Garden, British Museum, South Bank. Room very comfortable and the English breakfast is excellent. Always enjoy staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Philip I I
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Having previously used Top Secret Hotels I was fairly confident this hotel would be of the same standard as previous places I have stayed. I have been reading reviews on here leading up to my stay and was a tad nervous but have stayed in hotel before which had received bad reviews and conckuded they were just one offs. Unfortunately it was a massive disappointment. I had booked the Friday and Saturday night about 6 weeks in advance. A close friend of mine passed away in between that time and her funeral was on the Friday in Liverpool, I was staying with the family on the Friday night so I wouldn't be able to check in until the Saturday. My boyfriend called up in the week leading up to our hotel stay to let the hotel know that while we understand we would be charged for both nights, we could only stay for the Saturday due to a close friend passing away. He was greeted by a very rude receptionist who said that we 'will be checking out on the Sunday morning full stop'.. as a human being I would have offered my condolences and perhaps explained in a more sympathetic tone the terms and conditions, but then we can't all be the same! She said she would put a note on the system. On the Saturday morning at 10am I received a call from the hotel asking if we were checking in at all, I did explain we would be arriving later that evening. When we arrived at the hotel, and every occasion entering and leaving the hotel thereafter, we always reached the doors before the doormen, who seemed to rush over at the last second. Don't get me wrong, I am quite happy to open the door myself! But it was always a bit awkward when my boyfriend was holding the door open for me and the doormen almost insisted on moving him on for the split second it took for me to walk through the door. I also thought the whole layout of the hotel was quite strange, usually you can see the reception as soon as you walk through but the conceirge and reception were separated, we weren't really sure where to go to check in. And on the Saturday evening after a meal out, we returned about 11.15pm to find the front door closed with a sign saying, 'please use the rear entrance'.. I wasn't really sure why they did this but having to walk past bins to enter the building doesnt exactly scream 4* hotel. The room itself was incredibly dated, I felt overcharged as soon as we walked in. It wasn't big but that wasnt a problem as there were just 2 of us. The bathroom was tiny, but clean which I suppose is the main thing. If you wanted to use the complimentary robes, you had to call reception, we didn't do this but seeing as you had use of the spa, it surprised me they didnt provide this in the room. When I needed to use the hairdryer, I lifted it out of the drawer, this made the TV turn off. We didn't bother trying to find the plug to try and switch it back on. The bed was smaller than my one at home, it was a small (quite uncomfortable) double bed and the only lighting surrounding the bed was very harsh. We also put the air-con on as the room was quite stuffy, this was very loud, so we didn't really get a good nights sleep. We didn't use the spa so cannot comment on that or breakfast, I think we just wanted to check out as soon as possible, which to be fair was effortless. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel, you can do a lot better for a lot less money elsewhere. This is definately not a 4* hotel and will make me rethink about using top secret deals again.

Room Tip: Do not book through top secret hotels if you can avoid it
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sunseeker141
Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

me and my partner stayed here last night and when we arrived all seemed very nice. However it all went down hill when the lady behind the reception looked at me in disguse when i refused to leave my card details. I wanted to pay everthing by cash and thats how i like it. when i also asked her for a decent bar and restaurant locally she replied your in london they are everywhere, in her eastern european accent. When we arrived in our we were amazed with the and the first impressions of the room were great but however when we took time in there we soon found tiles lose, faulty television and the wrong room numbered phone. if you need a plug then i wish you the best of luck finding one there is no plugs in the room????!!!!
we orded room service and the phone operator was very polite and proffesional but does need to work on his time of delivery 1hour is not 10-15mins. the bed was very comfortable however i know its central london and sirens are very regular but 8 stories high it still felt you were on top of the local police cars! overall very average but know way a 5star rating hotel ive stayed in a travelodge and had a better experience!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple