“Central but Quiet”

Ranked #389 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Central but Quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I booked here as a Secret Hotel and was very pleased with the allocation.
It is only about 300 metres from Holborn tube station, handily located on the central and picadilly lines. So is easily accessible to everywhere.
The rooms were spacious, well equipped and had free wifi. The bathroom was a little cramped but had good amenities, and the shower was powerful and hot.
The leisure facilities in the hotel including gym and indoor pool were a real bonus.
Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank IanH21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lisbon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

All staff personnel exceeded my expectations, they were very friendly and professional.

The Hotel is 10 minutes away (walking distance) from the busy Oxford Street.

My room was nice, but the bathroom was quite small.

Breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Gugas
Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stopped here on the 9th June 2013 for 1 night. Location great. 5 mins walk to the tube station. 5 mins walk to the British Museum. 10 mins to Covent Garden but also a walkable away from alot of tourist places in london ( I'm no Usain Bolt ). Staff straight away ( door opened for us entering ) very good. I believe that the hotel is trying to push for the 4/5 star hotel bracket. Room was spacious and nice. Decor of hotel nice. I have given hotel 4/5 ( so very good ) as 3 is average but I would just say, just good. The reasons for me ( just in my experience ) are that it looks just a little tired on corridors ( picky ) shower was rubbish and just abit too much traffic noise for a perfect night sleep ( although not a problem as such if that makes sense )

5 Thank YorkshireRA
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had very mixed feelings after making reservation. My fiance and i, have decided to do little "city break" in central london. As My friend recommended this hotel, without hesitation we made a booking.At the day of arrival we decided to check TA And at this point my worries started. Few, not really good, opinions can spoil your mood of your holidays. But was too late to cancel it and now i do not regret that i stayed there.
We came early: around 12 am, which was not a problem- Reception gave us room straight away.-which was first plus. Second plus was upgraded room- very spacious on higher floor with good view. And last thing- surprise organized by my fiance- champagne which was already in the room when we came in.
Which was the most important for me, and for my Fience was staff- very helpful with taxi, luggage [which we could store after check out].

Perfect location- very close to the theaters and oxford shopping area [oh we girls love this].
Minus?
-True- if you like modern hotels- you will not like it. And Hotel definitely need refurbishment.
-Breakfast- if it is not included... well.. too expensive.

But i will still recomend this place.

Room Tip: ask for higher floor!;)
18 Thank OliviaR R
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

As per my title, the room was great with a lovely view. We booked as a secret deal on lastminute and would have rated this as excellent, except the prior occupants were clearly smoking in the room despite the signs. I am disappointed that they let out the room when the smell was so strong. The staff were prompt in coming up with air fresheners however it took at least a day for the smell to go (we stayed 3 nights). Location, facilities etc were all excellent.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor looking out towards London Eye, which I recommend.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank IWG_12
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had a bad experience with this hotel a couple of years ago, but they contacted me and, in a very professional manner, sorted out all the issues.
So I thought they were worth another try.

This time was completely different – a lovely room, great service, yummy breakfasts (even had soy milk for me, which I have had difficulty getting in other hotels) – and all combined with a location that is second to none for exploring London (and only about 100m from Holborn tube station which makes it a very easy trip from Heathrow and Gatwick).

I’d recommend it to my friends – and have done – for a great place to stay. It’s maybe lacking a tad compared to other 5* hotels that I’ve stayed in, but all in all it’s not a bad spot.

A tip - if you’re sensitive to traffic noise, it might be worth asking for a room towards the back of the hotel (bear in mind that you’re in central London, it’s going to be trafficky).

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing the street as traffic noise can be common in central London.
4 Thank JoJoBlue00
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just returned from a three night long weekend stay at The Grange Holborn Hotel.
After reading reviews on the hotel, we requested a quiet room at the back of the hotel on a high floor, and that's exactly what we were given. It was great! The outlook certainly wasn't the prettiest, but with the exception of bins being emptied at 7am on Sunday morning, and the odd door slamming by other residents, we got three good night's sleep in a very comfortable bed!
The hotel is on the corner of two very busy central London roads, so if you do want a good night's sleep, I would recommend asking for a room at the back of the hotel. Also, we were on the 7th floor and could hear the slight rumble of the trains below on occasions, so I guess that would be more noticeable on lower floors.
Our bedroom was a reasonable size for central London. The bathroom was very very small, with the shower over the bath which could be difficult for elderly or infirm guests to climb into.
The room had everything we needed including tea/coffee etc and television. Also plenty of hanging space. Although the view wasn't great, the large windows which ran the width of the room let plenty of light in and made the room feel much bigger. The decor was a little drab and dated, but the room was very clean.
The location of the hotel is brilliant. A few minutes walk from Holborn Tube and lots of shops and restaurants including Sainsburys, Boots, Waitrose, Starbucks, Pret etc.
Covent Garden and the West End Theatres are only about a 10 minute walk away, and the shops of Oxford Street are also within walking distance.
We didn't use the leisure facilities so I can't comment on those.
We found the reception staff and door staff to be very helpful and friendly on all occasions. Check in and out processes were both fast and smooth, and they stored our luggage on the last day for us which was also very convenient and straight forward.
Although I don't feel this hotel is a 5 star, the service we received was great and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Brilliant location!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor at the back of the hotel to avoid the noise from the road and the tra...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family