“No complaints.”

Ranked #392 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Bridlington, United Kingdom
“No complaints.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed for one night. It was perfectly located for my purposes, so I was already happy with it. Got put in a large corner twin room, which had a good view outside. COmfortable, impeccably clean and well maintained, although I didn't try any of the services or facilities. Tiny bathroom, but that wouldn't put me off using it again.

4 Thank APB71

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Godalming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

My partner and I spent only a night at this lovely central London hotel after several bottles of wine and a few mojitos with friends. I booked it very easily through lastminutes secret hotel finder. The staff were all very helpful and friendly, and the spa to blow out the cobwebs in the morning before check out was just the ticket.

I would definatley reccomend this hotel if you want some affordable luxury right in the heart of the city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
18 Thank David H
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am in London for a 2-day business trip. This hotel was recommended by my company, it is not too expensive and 10' walking distance. I booked the hotel through my company travel agent in Paris.
After a nice flight to London City Airport and a rapid transit to the hotel, I got into the lobby to check-in around 9pm ... just to find out that they had canceled my reservation at 6pm, sold my room to someone else and that the hotel was fully booked.
Of course they were not responsible and it was the fault of the travel agent.
I asked them to book me a room in another hotel close by where I had stayed a month before and the concierge was not even able to do this properly.
So my only advice is stay away from this place. First thing I do tomorrow is to ask my company to avoid sending anyone else to this place.

3 Thank FondaPhotos
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here on business and had requested this one knowing that wifi was included in the cost, which is very useful when away.

I was expecting a lot considering the other Grange hotels I've stayed in and the fact that this is to be their 5 star hotel. I was quite disappointed because I have had some lovely stays in some of the smaller Grange hotels in London.

I think one of my problems was that my room was at the front of the hotel and, as expected with the location on a busy crossroads in Holborn, the room was really noisy all night. I was later told though that a room at the back of the hotel is much quieter.

My room was lovely and spacious, as expected, and the availability of a robe was nice when relaxing. The room was well maintained and clean.

My biggest issues with the hotel was the quality of the food. I had room service and this was varely warm when delivered and not very tasty. Breakfast the following morning was very a huge let down. There was lots available to eat and the cold continental foods were really nice but the hot food was kept warm over water baths and the food was luke warm and unappetising. Collecting the plates was a hazard enough in itself because the wierd turntable contraption had too many plates on it so when opened, they nearly all fell out onto the floor; not great!

Yes the location is great but two streets over is the smaller Whitehall Grange and I would much prefer to stay there as it is far quieter but the same quality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ljb80
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on business for two nights. I checked in very late so was allocated a room with two double beds and a study area which was very nice and spacious (if a little unnecessary). The weather outside was very cold and the temperature inside was very hot! However, I did locate the temperature control in my room which seemed to work well. The bed was comfortable and as my room was away from the road, it was quiet which is important to me as I am a light sleeper. Breakfast was fine, if unremarkable. My booking indicated that I had a continental breakfast included but there didn't seem to be any difference with having the breakfast buffet that was generally on offer. My only real quibble was that the tea at breakfast was horrible and the in room tray included UHT milk that was also really nasty. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bathroom looked like it might have been recently refurbished and the shower was good. I did think that if I had any mobility issues getting in and out of the shower would be a problem as the bath was very high sided. I couldn't see any evidence of the non-slip mat that there was a notice saying should be used. What was really good was that there was free wi-fi and I was given the code on arrival without asking for it - hooray! I also had a club sandwich from room service which was huge but nice and fresh (it was quite expensive).

Room Tip: Go for a room at the back if you want quiet. There is no view but also no traffic noise.
5 Thank KateREBristol
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here for a week for business and was very pleased despite the other reviews I read. I did have to wait a bit for a room. I arrived after a long flight from the states and had to wait until only about noon time for my room. I had a room on the 7th floor looking towards Holborn Station. The room and bathroom were clean and I had plenty of space. Room service arrived quickly any time I ordered it....I just really have no complaints. I went out often and never really found myself too far from the hotel. Most places are within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

19 Thank cminichiello
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

had a 1 night stay. To fit in with a london theatre booking. The location was good (close to holborn station on the central line) and good walking distance to leicester square. Hotel staff friendly. Room was very nice but outlook not so good due to office building directly opposite (but this is London). Didn't have the breakfast as it was too expensive at £23 per person.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank STJH150