“Excellent budget hotel with great location”
Review of The Dover Hotel

The Dover Hotel
Ranked #653 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Superb location just minutes from Victoria Station. 2 blocks from a very fine Pub. Comfortable beds and clean bathrooms. Very friendly staff. For the money you can't beat this hotel. I used to stay at a hotel across the street but now that I've found this one it will become my regular hotel. Rooms and bathrooms are small but when you are in London you only sleep here so they are more than adequate. Great modern TV with lots of channels and close captioning.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you have trouble carrying suitcases get a room on the lower floors
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
DoverLondon, Manager at The Dover Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Many thanks for your kind words and comments. We pride ourselves in giving an excellent service with a smile even though our rooms are small.
We look forward to welcoming back to London soon

Reviewed May 10, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
DoverLondon, Manager at The Dover Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I´ve just come back home from London.The whole hotel was really quiet although full. Beware, there is no elevator so prepare for a awkward pulling your suitcase up and down narrow stairs. I stayed in an en-suite room with double bed, the room was on -1 floor with a window to some kind of backyard with no view. The room was really tiny and the bathroom was really tiny so you had to be carefull in the shower so that the floor wasnt all wet but I didnt really mind as we spent all day sightseeing and came here only to get some sleep and hot shower. Rather than the size of our room, I focused on the neatness of the place. When we entered the room every morning, it smelled nice and fresh, the towels and bedsheets were spotless and beautifully white and bathroom was desinfected. SOme furniture might seem shabby but I think it was in good shape and the roome overall looked better than I expected when I read the reviews here. Anyway, I need to point out again that what I care about the most is that I have a clean place to sleep. On contrary to some reviews here, I found the breakfast really good, it is true that the "dining room" was so small it was hard to sit down and sometimes you had to share the table with other guests, but it is not something that would kill you. It is true that people looking for sausages and eggs wight be disappointed but I enjoyed warm toasts with jam and cereals with milk or yogurt and coffee and juice. The staff were very attentive, every request was handeled in a minute and they were always polite and friendly. The only things I feel like expressing and that were more on the negative side are those: I wouldnt mind the window facing a wall but it was the only one thing in our room that was messy. It was dirty from bird poo on the outter side so we rather kept our curtains closed. The other thing is that even though we could leave our luggage near the reception, it wasnt really secured and was just standing there on the corridor so I felt a bit uneasy about leaving it there went going to the city before check-in. The last thing is that I think the lock to the rooms could be improved. Basically, you just slammed the door and it didnt have a handle on the corridor so you couldnt get in without the key but I still felt wierd about not locking properly as I do at home.
All in all, there were definately some negatives, but positives predominate in my case. Great location, cheap for London, very good service. It is not a place to spend your family holiday but it is great for sightseers who just need a comfortable place to sleep. YOu get what you paid for. I give four points as I expected my stay to be less then it was and I was nicely surprised. When going back to London, I will definately consider Dover B&B again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
DoverLondon, Manager at The Dover Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

We really appreciate your detailed review.
We will revisit the negative points that you have highlighted and try and improve them as far as we can. The central London buildings are small and we have tried hard to balance between
space and amenities in the room.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

The Dover hotel was once a home existing for over a century in the City of Westminister.. Close to area of London proper and walking distance to the Victoria Station. Although the accommodations are small the rooms are very clean and the staff are very friendly. Rooms can accomodate groups of 3 or 4. The hotel offers continental breakfast that is included. They provide in setting up tours and airport shuttle.

I would recommend this hotel due to its low cost, cleanliness, and friendly atmosphere.

Stayed: May 2012
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Geraldton, Australia
Reviewed April 18, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler

Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed in a family room - 5 beds and found the room to have everything we needed. Beds made with clean sheets and big fluffy towels daily. Breakfast simple but good and staff at breakfast greeted you as you came and left.. The breakfast room is small but we managed to always get a table each of the 3 mornings we were there. This is a great little hotel and marvellous for the price and location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank matooba

We look forward to welcoming back to London soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Positives: Location to Victoria station.
Negatives: breakfast was a joke - tiny area, served toast and cereal, couldn't even eat the last morning I was there because there was no room in the breakfast area, bathroom was cramped and almost put in as an after thought (it was like a cruise ship bathroom), drain didn't work properly and I nearly flooded the bathroom, told management and they "fixed" it, it was 100 better but it wasn't nearly as bad as before. room just had a nasty feeling to it. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
DoverLondon, Manager at The Dover Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

We are sorry to read your about your experiences at the hotel. We have been serving the same healthy breakfast, free of charge, for many years with very few complains.

As for the bathrooms, we have tried to maximise the facilities in the rooms, which in central London buildings, are rather small in size.
What we offer are clean and comfortable rooms with friendly staff in an excellent location at very competitive prices.