“Superb value hotel in excellent location”
Review of The Euro Hotel

The Euro Hotel
Ranked #458 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 4, 2009

My wife and I stayed for four nights in the Euro Hotel in the middle of November and we totally agree with all the positive reviews of this establishment that have been previously posted. The hotel is in a pleasant neighbourhood only a few minutes walk from King's Cross, St Pancras and Euston stations. The room was very clean (with a kettle and a plentiful supply of coffee / tea), the breakfast was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful. Unlike the experience of a previous reviewer we were not asked to pay anything until we left on our day of departure.
Thoroughly recommended

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jcrichton

Reviewed November 17, 2009

Since I discovered this attractive Georgian crescent just a stone's throw from St Pancras and Kings Cross, I have stayed in three of the hotels situated there. The Euro is the dearest one I have stayed in, but definitely superior to the others as regards the room. As single rooms go, it was reasonably large, and actually had a desk where one could sit and write, which is something that is all too rare. The only disappointments were the breakfast, with flavourless coffee and unpleasant toast, the small size of the 'bath' towel, and the fact that they expected me to pay on arrival, something which seems particularly unnecessary when you have provided your bank card details in advance.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Pantile
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I spent 2 nights here in August and the people working there were very friendly. I had a single room which was more or less a small rectangle but the bed was comfy, there was a sink, a large mirror and a nice telly :-) For 50 pounds a night, you can't complain...that's nothing for London. I would recommend it for people without families. I don't understand these ridiculous comments from N.Americans complaining about lack of lifts. Most of the buildings in London are old so drag your cases upstairs and get your hearts pumping! :-)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank RRREES
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Very clean, friendly, helpful staff, good breakfast, good location close to Kings Cross and lots of pubs and restaurants, shower - not the most powerful but for the price, all very good

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank charles3471
Reviewed October 31, 2009

The accommodation was well priced, and excellently located at a short walk from the Russell Square underground station. The full English breakfast was a great start to the day, and the staff were friendly.

The only problem we had was with some unpleasant odours occasionally emanating from the drain in our bathroom (other than those we created ourselves). I'm told this is a common problem in London - but I've not stayed elsewhere, so I can't verify this.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank axwalk
Reviewed October 30, 2009

We were a family of 5,mom dad and 3 teenagers. We were in the basement room which had a double bed and on one wall and 2 single beds on the opposite wall and a 3rd put u up bed on the 3rd wall facing the windows. I expected there to be no floor space at all in the room but it wasn't bad at all although the extra bed was quite close to the ensuite door. There was a small tv set with plenty of channels, and tea/coffee kettle etc. There was adequate wardrobe space for a short stay - I don't think it would be enough for 2 weeks but we were only overnighting so it was more than we needed. The ensuite had a bath with overhead shower and was clean and there were 2towels and soap and shampoo provided for each of us.
We were able to leave our luggage with the hotel when we arrived on a red-eye at 9 and also left it the next day till we left London at 6. There was no issue with this at all and it made a huge difference not having to drag bags around with us sightseeing.
The breakfast was fine - as we expected.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of theatreland and is in a nice area. There are plenty of restaurants locally and a shopping centre with a Giraffes (good breakfast) Yo shushi not far away. I used walkit.com to print of details of how to get places and found it useful. Euston station is a couple of minutes walk and so is Russell Square.
All in all I'd recommend this hotel for a short break as it's so convenient, we went to see Hairspray and we were back in the hotel 15 mins after it was over. We also felt safe on the walk back.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank yelselseivad
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is a good clean hotel in a good area, close to Euston train station but in a quiet and safe street. However, the hotel isn't quiet as the walls and doors are very thin. On the first night I was woken up at 6am when first people smashed the fire safety door just outside my room. On the second night I was woken up at 4.30am when the guest next door decided to get up and pack. Otherwise it is a good hotel, my room was simply decorated but clean, good size, TV with many channels. Breakfast was simple but good, excellent bacon, the only thing I missed was some fruit. The reception offered good selection of newspapers and magazines, as well as drinks all day and a computer with free internet. The only other small problem was that my room on the ground floor got quite cold in the evenings, as there was no heating (in October), but an extra blanket was available. In summary, the hotel it is a good value for money in that location, but I will not stay there ever again when I am in London for work and need to get good sleep.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business