“Small but not particularly friendly”
Review of The Euro Hotel

The Euro Hotel
Ranked #432 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Small but not particularly friendly”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for one night before a university visit. The room was clean and warm with everything we needed such as hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities. The beds were a little uncomfortable as we could feel some springs through the mattress but we managed to sleep ok. When we tried to have a shower the water would not get hot. I rang through to reception and a foreign speaking gentlemen answered who offered us no help at all and I struggled to have a conversation with him and so we had to have cold showers. Then at breakfast I had to point out my chair back was broken and I was lucky not to have torn my dress on the nail which was sticking out. We left our suitcase in reception for the day and when I came back to collect it I told the receptionist - who was a different one from the one I spoke to in the morning - about the shower and expected some sort of apology but it was not forthcoming. I was a little disappointed with my stay at the Euro more with the customer service than the facilities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank june t
EuroHotelManager, Manager at The Euro Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I am very sorry that this guest feels that our customer service fell short of her expectations. We do pride ourselves on the friendly service we offer and are disappointed that it may have been wanting on this occasion. I have spoken to the members of staff involved and have checked the faults the guest identified. In exoneration I would point out that the guest called reception in the middle of breakfast service and the receptionist offered to visit the room and call the handyman to assist, both of which offers were rejected. When the shower was checked later the handyman discovered that the safety limiter button in the shower mixer which can be overridden to boost the heat of the shower appeared not to have been activated. The other faults identified have been rectified.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Turkish first
The Netherlands
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great little find - near train and underground stations, lovely quiet area, room was ideal for me as a single traveller for two nights. Very clean, no dodgy fixtures or fittings - the room I stayed in was really very nice and toasty warm, terrific for this cold weather. To top it all you get a great little breakfast thrown in - which was very nice and all you needed to set you up for the day (great poached eggs!). I will book this hotel again, for sure!

Room Tip: G3, lovely single room with ensuite (I do not mind a bit of noise) but it is right next to reception...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Worldtravel130670
Lunenburg, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a good place to stay. Single room is small room but well equiped with washbasin, toilet & shower down the hall. Close to transport and British Museum & British Library. A good Full or Lite breakfast. Staff are pleasent and helpfull..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tony S
Bournemouth
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Yearly shopping trip with friend. Stayed at Carwright Gardens before as its an excellent location. This hotel although basic was much better. Arrived 30 mins early and was offered coffee whilst we waited for room to be finished. Room 26 was a good size and much bigger than other hotels we have stayed at in London although it was at the back. Friendly staff and a decent breakfast with good choice of cereal. My boiled eggs were perfect although I would have preferred fresh not tinned mushrooms. We were there whilst there was heavy snow so freezing outside, however room was lovely and warm. Good pub on corner which drinks a fraction of price of those in Covent Garden and Soho. Also good Italian but we know this from previous trip and we didn't go this time as had made alternative plans. Definitely stay here again

Room Tip: I believe rooms at the back on this street are bigger
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The room is really clean and the bed is comfortable. Stuff here are friendly, too. We enjoyed the British breakfast as it's made per order with several selections of eggs. The only things we could criticized is the WIFI connection at the basement is too slow.

2 Thank Lisa L
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here 12th dec to 15th. Such a convenient location, you can get anywhere of interest by underground,Russell square station five mins walk. My single room was small but very clean and well equiped. I was a bit nervous about having to share a bathroom but the facilities were spotless, it was as if no one else was using them. Breakfast very nice, good choice and plenty of everything. Service was efficient and friendly. Internet was available and I was able to check in for the airport online and print my boarding pass free of charge. No problem leaving luggage after check-out until the afternoon. I would highy recommend this hotel for people whose main focus is getting out and about and enjoying London and who want a hotel that's clean, convenient and you a breakfast that sets you up for a day's sightseeing,please don't be discouraged by the recent vindictive review here, judge the place on the majority of the reviews which are positive, that's how I picked it and i was glad i did. this was my third trip to london in recent years and this hotel was by far the best i've stayed in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo