See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 1, 2017

Stayed for a couple of nights in Feb , 2 adults , a 12 year old and a 18 month old. Great location , 5 minute walk to Hyde park in one direction, 10 min to Oxford street in the other direction and lots of restaurants and small shops 1/2 min walk away . Check in at the hotel a few doors away was quick and friendly. We were able to park the car out the front for a small charge which was an advantage. Given a room on the 1st floor , it was clean and quite pleasant for the cost . There were 4 beds , large tv , tea/coffee making facilities, vanity table , wardrobe and a small but clean and functioning shower room . Breakfast was nice in a modern dining area and the ladies that served the breakfast up were very friendly . My only complaint was that we enquired at reception regarding an highchair for breakfast and we were ensured one was available, this turned out to not be the case . This made breakfast times rather difficult. I shall return in the future but only with my 12 year old as I don't think the hotel is suited to small children.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank mel141
Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here twice. Location is good. Near the hotel there is easy to get a buss, taxi or a tube. Paddington is not far away. Staff was very friendly and breakfast was ok. Rooms were quite small but clean. There are many nice pubs near the hotel.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank iwesterlund
Reviewed January 9, 2017

Having started a contract in Paddington in November I decided to stay at the Admiral Hotel due to it's brilliant location. My offices moved to St Pauls, Central London, but due to the convenience of parking and a very comfortable stay I've decided to stay here weekly to see out my contract as it's easy access to the central line to get into my office.

It's a no thrills stay, but very practical, clean and comfortable and perfect for people of all walks of life, especially business travellers. With breakfast included, the prime location and option to park on site this place is great value for money and always offers great service. Clean towels and a little chocolate treat await your arrival!

I also left a sentimental item in the hotel room prior to the Christmas break and it was kindly sent special delivery next day to me in time for the holidays (I live in Bristol) free of charge!

Thanks Kevin and the team!

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
5  Thank pikeanator123
Reviewed December 15, 2016

The location suited me very well - just a couple of hundred yards from Paddington Station. And at the price paid (£80 for a single for one night in London), I anticipated quite a small room and dated decor. But what I found wasn't "quite" small - it was very small indeed; the web site I booked on described the single room as 112 square feet, but it was actually just 60 (ten foot by six foot - small I measured it) and the shower room/toilet so small there wasn't space for a toilet roll holder; loo rolls kept on top of cistern, with a mirror located at such an angle that only a gymnast could use it.

Checkin was at the hotel 2 doors up the road where the gentleman on the front desk was juggling with phone calls on two phones (one of which he picked up in the middle of talking to me) and a discussion with his friend / colleague who was standing in the room too. He promised to leave cereal and milk our for me as I had to leave before they started to serve breakfast, but I suspect he overlooked this promise - or perhaps they did leave that breakfast out, but neglected to tell me that the breakfast room is chained and padlocked shut overnight, so I wouldn't actually be able to reach it ...

Some safety aspects worried me too - the pushchair left on the route to the main door that would be the primary escape in the even of a fire, and what looked like a fire door propped open all night with a fire extinguisher. A lack of lighting in the corridor to my room (which I eventually found in the basement) and the carpeted step up to that corridor which I tripped over twice.

If something's not right, really it should be raised at the time. But I wasn't tempted to walk up the road in the evening to talk with the reception guy who clearly put his customers in fourth place after his friends and colleagues, and in the morning there was no-one to be seen - not that I had the time. No "please tell us what you think" sheet in the room to provide feedback either.

I have to admit it, though. I found the experience interesting. I stay in dozens of hotels each year, and usually go home with a list of a dozen things I like and a handful that I wouldn't do. The Admiral was quite the reverse ... but I slept well after the children in the corridors stopped running up and down and shouting excitedly at about midnight, and I came out safe and well with another view of life's rich tapestry in Paddington.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo
14  Thank Graham E
Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

My fiancé and I were in London for a week on a recent trip to Europe and couldn't have been more pleased with this hotel. We even had a bottle of wine waiting for us when we checked in to our room. Our room was clean and the hotel's location in London was perfect. The gentleman at the front desk couldn't have been more helpful with suggesting activities for my fiancé and I. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London!

Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple