“Ruined Day in London” 1 of 5 bubbles

London Harry Potter Walking Tour
Ranked #17 of 166 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Great British Tours offer a great range London walking tours of and private chauffeur driven tours of London and the UK.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ruined Day in London”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

I booked a tour with this company to leave at 12pm on the 20th July. On the day I realsied I would not be able to make the time, emailed the company and received a prompt response stating they would move me to 21st at 3pm (Excellent service I thought)

However..... that was just the beginnning of the nightmare.

My girlfriend and I had planned our day around the tour and had to travel back from Hammersmith to Convent Garden specifically to go on this tour. So, 3pm on sunday i am waiting for the tour guide.... 3.10 .... still waiting .... 3.15 ... still waiting.... so i rang the company to be told I had in fact been told the wrong time for the tour and they did not have a tour that left at 3pm!

This meant our whole day planned around this tour was a waste.

The worst was yet to come......

for 3 weeks now I have been trying to get a refund and the variety of excuses have ranged from 'we didnt have your email address' - you do, i emailed you from it, you are replying on email to it now! to ' the money will be in your account in the next 24 hours' to 'the money will be in your account in the next 4 hours'. I am still waiting for my money, the most recent call consisted of their call centre staff saying they would reforward my complaint email to the manager, I asked them to confirm what was written in the email, to then be told they didnt have access to email! I was promised a call back but like my money im still waiting....

As per the rest of the reviews on here i am sure if you actually get to go on your tour it will be great however, just a word of caution about Great British Tours EXTREMELY poor customer service.

Visited July 2014
thecelebrityplanet, Manager at Best Tours, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
We are very sorry that you had a poor experience with Great British Tours, and that you have had difficulty in obtaining a refund, with regrettably poor communications from us. This by no means represents the standard of service we set ourselves. Our sincere apologies, and we would be grateful if you could take the time to email direct to ferry@voidtravel.net with your original booking details so that we can investigate the issue, and complete your refund without delay. Once again, our apologies.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Great day out!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

These were complimentary tickets due to an awful experience before, but this tour was amazing. Our tour guide was scottish John. He was funny and knew what he was on about. The tour included a boat ride on the river thames and a visit to platform 9 3/4 shop at kings cross station. My boyfriend and i had a brilliant day out. Thanks you John and celebrity planet.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“London ghost tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Tom was a great tour guide - knew his stuff, very organised and dealt with interruptions/distractions well. Really enjoyed, thanks!

Market Deeping
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Hands up all that thought they knew London...well worth the effort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Secrets of London Walk

Spent a great afternoon in the company of Joe our guide for the afternoon. Very informative , and surprising locations visited and associated stories. We were fortunate to have only another couple with us , so it was very much one on one.
The Boat trip on the Thames and the end was again a great experience.

A great afternoon

Thanks Joe you are a superstar

Visited August 2014
“Jack the Ripper Walking Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Learned a lot of things and had a lot of fun - Joe was very extremely friendly, informative and engaging - (and his beard is fabulous). Would recommend to anyone with even a mild interest in Jack the Ripper.

Visited August 2014

Been to Best Tours? Share your experiences!