“County hall London”

Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel
Ranked #141 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very central location,lots of attractions nearby.All staff friendly and welcoming booked meal deals for our stay great value for money.Room spotlessly clean and bed really comfy Noise outside our window when open but when closed couldn't,t hear anything

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Annabelle M, Reception Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are delighted to hear the positive comments of our Team Members and I will be sure to pass these on. It is great to hear that you found the beds comfy as we pride ourselves here at Premier Inn on ensuring our guests have a good nights sleep.

I hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon, is there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on receptionmgrlondoncountyhall.ptiwhitbread.com!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a fabulous location if you are traveling with children. You are right next to a great park with a play structure. We can see the Eye of London from our hotel window. Despite the busy area, it is quiet at night. Walking distance from the Palace, Big Ben and numerous parks. We walked to Picadilly Circus and took the metro back -- very easy. Right on the Thames, so you can walk out of the hotel and get a boat for a tour. Tons of taxis and City Tour busses going by. 24 hour mini mart across the street along with quick eateries. Walking distance to great restaurants for a nice meal.

The hotel itself is enormous. Checkin was reasonably efficient. Staff was friendly but did not know much about the internet. We were disappointed to find out that the "free wifi" is only 30 minutes per day. We had to pay 10 pounds for our internet access and could only get 2 devices for that so we cannot connect our phones to the internet to save on data fees (since we have a laptop and iPad also).

The breakfast buffet is a good deal if you like English Breakfast. Very crowded though, so it takes a long time to get your food and get your meal.

Overall a great hotel for family travel. Has everything you need but is not a "luxury" hotel by any means.

Room Tip: Our room faced the Hospital and is very quiet and spacious. The window was high up, so we could leav...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Annabelle M, Reception Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, it gives us a great opportunity to learn and improve our service.

We apologise for any confusion regarding the wifi access we offer. To ensure that those guests that do need it have access to high speed service, we impose a limit on wifi use in the hotel.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed having breakfast with us. If you do decide to stay with us again, we do have on display the times when the restaurant is busiest allowing you to avoid these and any member of the team will be happy to relay this to you on arrival.

I hope this has not deterred you from staying with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me on receptionmgrlondoncountyhall.pti@whitbread.com if there is anyting I can do for you.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed for just one very brief night after a social function in town so wasn't actually in the hotel all that long, but whilst there I was impressed.
There is an automated check in option, which worked well....just type your name in and it issues a key card, but a couple of staff were on hand to help also - friendly and welcoming despite the late hour.
The hotel was clean and tidy throughout, and the room itself had a quality feel to it despite being in what a lot of people would consider an economy chain. Excellent bedding, nice firm pillows and a light duvet, good facilities in the room and a bright, clean bathroom.
Not stuffily hot or air conditioned to freezing point either as so many other hotel rooms seem to be.
Just about the only criticism of the room I can think of was that the bathroom door slammed a bit hard. Not a massive issue....just a little worrying that I was perhaps waking up the neighbours, as the other noticeable thing is how quiet the hotel was for a weekend, despite its central location.
Being an inside room the view wasn't brilliant, but in London this is hardly a problem as there are so many land marks within five minutes of the hotel front door.
Cost.....spot on for where it is.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great to hear feedback of our service and we will pass on the positive comments to our Team Members.

In regards to the loud bathroom door, each bathroom door acts as a fire door so it is essential that the doors seal effectively. If you would like to e-mail me directly the number of the room that you stayed in, you can do this on receptionmgrcountyhall.pti@whitbread.com and we can check the door in question.

I hope you will stay with us again soon, if there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Lovely staff lovely room lovely breakfast. We booked a family room as we were treating my fiancées daughter to a very special birthday treat taking in the lion king, the dungeon and the eye. The location was ideal as all the places we were going to the staff all very friendly the breakfast was just what we needed to start the day. Strongly recommend this as a place to stay for a couple of nights.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank WiltsCan
Annabelle M, Reception Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great to receive such high feedback of our location. I am delighted to hear you found our staff friendly and helpful and we are thrilled to hear that you will recommend our hotel.

I hope that you will stay with us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on receptionmgrlondoncountyhall.pti@whitbread.com if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed one night on business. The location is very good especially for tourists, just over Westminster Bridge behind the London Eye. Lots of places to eat across the road and if you turn left on leaving the hotel, not right as I did, a minute or so from Waterloo station (tube and main line). Go right and you start to see some "interesting" bits of South London.

The check in was great, very welcoming. Nice size room with all the usual Premier Inn comforts. Nice comfortable bed and I had a good night of sleep. Clean and pleasant. Didn't eat or drink in the hotel.

Good value - well very good value really - and overall a very good choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Texel1745

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear you liked the location and delighted to hear that you found your check-in easy and welcoming. It is always good to know that you found Premier Inn of good value.

I hope to welcome you back soon, if there is anything I can do for you for your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me on receptionmgrlondoncountyhall.pti@whitbread.com!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We chose this hotel for a family visit to London. It was a fun place to stay. It wasn't too hot, we were there in September so the weather was on our side. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was well done but the evening meal we had one night was not great. The hotel is in a perfect spot for seeing the sights.

Room Tip: Ask for a double double room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you found our team pleasant and helpful, I will pass these positive comments on to our team members.

Thank you for your honest review of our restaurant, I will pass on the feedback you have given us to our food and beverage team. We appreciate any feedback given as this allows us to continually improve our service.

I hope you choose to stay with us again soon, if there is anything I can do for you for your next stay or you would like to discuss the evening meal you had further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on receptionmgrlondoncountyhall.pti@whitbread.com.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I wouldn't have thought to review this hotel had it not been for Alex Polizzi writing in the Telegraph how much she dislikes Premier Inns. Staying in Central London in a clean, comfortable room with a cheerful welcome at check-in for £146 does it for me. I feel safe, and although this place must be about 10 years old, the rooms are well maintained.
OK, I wouldn't necessarily choose it for a romantic weekend but it's fine if you want a place to get your head down for a couple of nights.
Of the budget hotels, I've probably stayed in more Premiers than any other and they are very consistent. Jury's seem to vary. Travel Lodges are really basic, not as well maintained and often there's no one on reception at night so in the past I've felt unsafe when there's been a rowdy crowd around. And you get the Hen night or Stag party groups using Travel Lodges because they're cheap. Holiday Inn Express I've used least and they are more expensive than Premiers. The equivalent to Premier County Hall costs £186.
So knock it off, Alex. You can't get your Endsleigh Hotel for anything like the money in Central London. Budget hotels fill a real need and Premier are great value.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business