“Good hotel for touring around London Central”

Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel
Ranked #142 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here New Years Eve , and then mid Jan for 3 nights. Had a family room both times (2 double beds, and a cot). Rooms were always clean, bathrooms always neat and tidy.

You pay a bit more than other Prem Inns - But you pay for the great central location - London Eye is literally behind the hotel, Big Ben is around the corner and over the bridge, Jubilee Gardens (with fenced in kids playground if you need it ) right next door. Aquarium right behind you also. So it's easy to walk along the river, checking out the sights.

Waterloo tube is about 2 mins walk, and also Waterloo Central is there (central terminus station so trains going everywhere to and from).

Also a 24hr small supermarket/deli across the road should you need it (though note there are no fridges in any of the Prem Inns I've ever stayed in).

View can be hit and miss.. First time was pokey window overlooking street, not much light, no views. Second time much better view over Jubilee Gardens and London eye. So ask for this better view is available.

Staff were always asking how you were, so they were quite attentive. Had breakfast and dinner several times there, food is good and breakfast is a LARGE choice - So you wont go hungry. Restaurant is a good size... Lots of tables, and views are good if you can grab a window.

No problems with having kids there... Nothing really inside for them, but there's a playground right next door.

Also a small bar in the restaurant should you need it (I did :)

Only small downsides, room keys were constantly failing.. daily. We kept them away from all magnetic interference, but our room and our friends keys often failed and required re-keying. Was just annoying after the 4 or 5 times it happened.

Plus seemed to be a bit of a lack of communication between front desk and room service, and within room service itself... We extended the stay, but house keeping seemed unaware so kept knocking on the door asking when we were leaving. Plus, one day one of us was sick, so told room service when they knocked on the door... But theny kept knocking on the door 2-3 times after they were informed.. Just annoying when you are ill.

However, this aside, good place to check out London. You pay more for the rooms, but probably save this in tube/taxi fares so evens out. Plus location is easy to remember and get to. Waterloo stations means easy tube access and easy access for bigger day trips by train.

FYI if you want New Years Eve at the restaurant - I'd say book yesterday... We were told it always books out months and months in advance... Probably due to the great view.

Would stay again, given location and breakfast/dinner quality all making travelling easier.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Jubilee Gardnes, and get a room high up for better views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Ed_Pyke, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased that you had a pleasant time with us, it's great to know that you enjoyed our service, central location and restaurant. I apologise if you had issues with your room cleans, I have passed this onto our maintenance team to look into. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,669)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here . It is a perfect location for Covent Garden ,Houses of Parliament and lots of good eating places. It is right next to the London Eye and the London Aquarium is just round the corner. It is in walking distance of the piers for boat trips. The 188 bus to Greenwich is a 10minute walk away. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. We paid £139 for a twin bedded room with full English breakfast. The room had two double beds and a bathroom with bath and shower. It was very quiet inside and out. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast had everything one could possibly want.

Room Tip: We had room 203 but I am sure they are all of the same standard.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased that you had a fantastic time with us, it's great to know that you enjoyed our service, central location and breakfast. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The accommodation was was very quiet and well presented. However it was regrettable that we had to waste one night of the two rooms we had booked because only two night bookings were taken by the hotel, which of course made it very very expensive.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Anthony T

Thank you for your feedback, if you room is booked under a saver rate, unfortunately this is non refundable. I regret that you have been inconvenienced by this, and we only apply these rates where we believe we will deliver value for money for our guests.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is our second visit to a Premier Inn hotel - see my review of the Premier Inn Wimbledon in September 2011 - it has confirmed the excellent impression of the first visit, faultless service by staff who genuinely care, room perfectly clean, comfortable and QUIET! Breakfast, once again tasty and good value. Well done Premier Inn, we will not hesitate to use again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased that you had a fantastic time with us, it's great to know that you enjoyed our service, room cleanliness and breakfast. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We recently went to a concert in London and decided to stay overnight.
The hotel was very comfortable, food excellent and the staff very attentive.
We did not experience any problem with our room, it was the usual high standard even though the hotel was operating at full capacity.
Well done Premier.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ed_Pyke, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Thank you for review and feedback, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am pleased that you found your room to be clean and comfortable, our team to be pleasant and food to be of good quality. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times, never paying the full price because I've booked via a deal or well in advance. However, I think considering the location the normal prices aren't too bad (usually between £80-£90 for a double room).

The rooms themselves are fine. Nothing special, just adequate.

The bar and restaurant is like most average hotels (Premier Inns). Again, nothing special. The bar itself is quite small and it took quite a while to get served on a Friday evening.

I've happy to continue using this hotel whenever I'm in London around this area; but things that can improve are:

Customer service - cheer up! The reception staff seem very miserable. Maybe the management can do something to cheer them up too?! The bar staff were nice and talkative, but a little on the slow side at times.

Upgrade TVs & Bedding! Ok, maybe that's a little harsh. There isn't anything majorly wrong with the bedding - personally I find they look old fashioned. I've stayed at other hotels where the bedding is plain (not patterned) so I can see how clean they are. Not saying these weren't clean, but being so heavily patterned means I can't really see as well.

Overall, a pleasant experience. See if you can get good deals via other sites (do a search on Google for "this hotel name and location + room deals" and see what comes up).

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Jubilee Gardens side or Belvedere Road. Rooms with windows doesn't mean yo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you enjoyed our central location and we will certainly take your other points on board. Our bedding and TVS are decided on from our head office purchasing team for brand consistency but I will feed this back. All Premier Inns are on an upgrade schedule for TVs. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights on 4th and 5th January, my partner and I celebrating our anniversary.
Check in - easy. We were greeted straight away and checked in by a very polite and friendly young girl. It was around 12 noon and we were allowed to go to our room early, very much appreciated after a long journey down there.

On site restaurant very nicely set out, nice décor, all staff we came across were very friendly. Prices are quite reasonable too.

Room was very clean as you would always expect at Premier Inn, bathroom spotless. TV with all freeview channels. Tea and coffee making facilities. Restaurant menu in room. Hairdryer provided. Good room size, very comfy bed and pillow menu (you can choose a firm or soft pillow depending on your preference)

Location could not have been more perfect! Excellent location for London Eye, London Aquarium, Big Ben, Waterloo tube station, and one of the bus stops on the open top bus tours. We were so impressed by the location, it was so easy to get around.

We had come down to London for our anniversary and my boyfriend couldn't wait as he had planned to, and proposed to me on the first night of our stay :) this hotel now holds very special memories for me.

Overall we had a fantastic time in London, this hotel comes highly recommended, the staff are excellent, the rooms are excellent, the location is excellent. The hotel offers a good value rate for an excellent stay.

Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emma C

Thank you for your feedback and review. I am delighted that you enjoyable stay with us and found our team to be friendly and helpful, our restaurant to be well priced and well decorated and our rooms to be clean and comfortable. Congratulations on your engagement, I am pleased that we managed to play a part in your special day. I look forward to welcoming you back for future anniversary's!