Stayed here New Years Eve , and then mid Jan for 3 nights. Had a family room both times (2 double beds, and a cot). Rooms were always clean, bathrooms always neat and tidy.
You pay a bit more than other Prem Inns - But you pay for the great central location - London Eye is literally behind the hotel, Big Ben is around the corner and over the bridge, Jubilee Gardens (with fenced in kids playground if you need it ) right next door. Aquarium right behind you also. So it's easy to walk along the river, checking out the sights.
Waterloo tube is about 2 mins walk, and also Waterloo Central is there (central terminus station so trains going everywhere to and from).
Also a 24hr small supermarket/deli across the road should you need it (though note there are no fridges in any of the Prem Inns I've ever stayed in).
View can be hit and miss.. First time was pokey window overlooking street, not much light, no views. Second time much better view over Jubilee Gardens and London eye. So ask for this better view is available.
Staff were always asking how you were, so they were quite attentive. Had breakfast and dinner several times there, food is good and breakfast is a LARGE choice - So you wont go hungry. Restaurant is a good size... Lots of tables, and views are good if you can grab a window.
No problems with having kids there... Nothing really inside for them, but there's a playground right next door.
Also a small bar in the restaurant should you need it (I did :)
Only small downsides, room keys were constantly failing.. daily. We kept them away from all magnetic interference, but our room and our friends keys often failed and required re-keying. Was just annoying after the 4 or 5 times it happened.
Plus seemed to be a bit of a lack of communication between front desk and room service, and within room service itself... We extended the stay, but house keeping seemed unaware so kept knocking on the door asking when we were leaving. Plus, one day one of us was sick, so told room service when they knocked on the door... But theny kept knocking on the door 2-3 times after they were informed.. Just annoying when you are ill.
However, this aside, good place to check out London. You pay more for the rooms, but probably save this in tube/taxi fares so evens out. Plus location is easy to remember and get to. Waterloo stations means easy tube access and easy access for bigger day trips by train.
FYI if you want New Years Eve at the restaurant - I'd say book yesterday... We were told it always books out months and months in advance... Probably due to the great view.
Would stay again, given location and breakfast/dinner quality all making travelling easier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes away from the London Eye, in sight of some of London's most famous landmarks and in the same building as the Shrek Adventure, Premier Inn London County Hall puts you at the heart of the city. - From this central spot, located in the historic County Hall building, you'll be able to see all sides of the capital. And most importantly, no matter what you discover during the day, our spacious rooms and extra-cosy beds will make sure you get a great night's sleep. Directions: Situated in the historic County Hall building, next to the London Eye, opposite the Houses of Parliament. Walking distance from West End and Theatreland. Please note this hotel does not have an onsite car park. However, we do have a partnership with Valet Inspired Parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel London
- Premier Inn County Hall
- County Hall London
- Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel England