“More than Fantastic”

Ranked #456 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Egypt
“More than Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

This hotel was the best in my opinion, I was in London in 2010, stayed in Rhodes hotel which was very nice hotel too, but had no elevators and room was very tiny. This year, Lancaster Hall hotel was more relaxing, it has elevator, a very big breakfast hall, very nice breakfast, location is central, 5 minutes walking to Lancaster gate underground. Staff is very helpful, the hotel is managed by the YMCA Germany. I loved it.. we stayed for 12 nights bb in double room with only 1044gbp, all rooms having tea and coffee facility.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NanoSoli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed with my husband and 7 year old while we were in London for a show. We had a twin room with an extra bed made up for my son. This third bed was perfect for him - not a full size bed but great for a smaller person.
It's within walking distance of Paddington Station, then within walking distance of Hyde Park for a lovely walk. Nearest tube is Lancaster Gate, which has you at the West End in a few stops. Oxford Street is walkable also.
The reception staff were excellent throughout, friendly and courteous. Our room was on the 4th Floor and was clean and bright. The bathroom had a sink, toilet and bath with shower. All nice and clean.
There was some street noise but we wore earplugs, as we do in most hotels.
Breakfast was more impressive - a great continental spread that kept us going until about 2pm! Was surprised at how good the breakfast was - well done the Lancaster!
All in all, it was fantastic value for three people - perfect for a sightseeing/west end break. I'll be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

3 Thank Rusty73
Worthing
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night.
It was very clean and the room was very good.
Only two very small grievancies. 1: you couldn't open the window to let any fresh air in not even a little bit. I know this is down to health and safety but you would think it would open a small amount. 2: All room were twin beds. Would have been nice to have had a double bed as I hate sleeping in twin bed.
Anyway this said the hotel was excellent. Qick check in and out. Helpful staff. Excellant continental breakfast and all very good for the price.
Would certainly stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

1 Thank jouneysend
brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

In fact I was at Lancaster in June 2002. After 4 nights on this small but clean and very well located spot, I advised reception I had an early flight next morning. What a wonderful surprise. Before 6 a.m. I was served at restaurant table in the dark, with only the kitchen lights behind with fresh bread, cheese, ham, coffee, milk and etc. Only my mother would treat me like that. I will never forget this moment and I have plans to repeat it in 2013.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

Me and a friend stayed here for one night as we were going to a festival in Hyde Park. Perfect location, only about a 5 minute walk from Paddington Station and Hyde Park.
The hotel itself was fairly basic, but perfect for a short stay. We literally used it for somewhere to sleep.
There was a big hole in the bathroom door as though someone had tried to kick it in! But other than that it was very clean. It was very noisy outside through the night which gave us both a disturbed sleep but the windows were wide open as it was such a warm night. The beds were very comfy though!
Staff were friendly enough and the continental breakfast was good. And they let us check in a few hours early and leave our bags in a luggage room as the room wasn't ready which was a bonus for us as we could just leave our bags and go straight out!
All in all was fairly impressed for such a cheap hotel in a prime location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

We were at Lancaster Hall Hotel for 4 nights for a short London trip including Royal Albert Hall concerts, sightseeing and meeting with friends. The hotel has a great location, so near to Lancaster Gate and Paddington tube stations and buses near these stations. Hyde Park is just around the corner and even the canal boats of Little Venice just about 1.2 km from the hotel. A 20 minute walk through the Kensington Park to Albert Hall.
Everything worked fine with the hotel, very friendly service and more than avarage breakfast for this price, I think. A little fridge in the room would be nice extra and maybe some shampoo, but you really can't complain. A very good budget hotel, I'd like to return here.
While in London, use the buses with your oyster card and go to the canal and river boat cruises. You'll see the big city from a different perspective.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank ande2007
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

Lancaster Hall is what a good budget hotel should be. It has good location, located in a nice and quiet neighborhood. The room is clean and not too small. The staff are friendly. I paid 32 pounds for a single room with shared bath, and the price includes breakfast (which is also good). Wifi is provided by spectrum for 10 pounds/day. ...just to compare, I was staying at the Landmark the night before. It costs 10 times more (paid by my company, of course) but the rate doesn't even include breakfast!

• Stayed May 2011