“Pricey indulgence-be prepared to queue”
Review of L'ETO

L'ETO
Ranked #25 of 296 Bakeries in London
Cuisines: French, Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: L'Eto Caffe is an all day place dedicated to the highest quality and devivering something special every day- Incredible breakfast offer- Daily changing large selection of quality cakes and desserts prepared every morning fresh and tasty- Every day different healthy salads and amazing mains for great Lunches of Italian, French, Eastern European and Middle Easter Cuisines- Great coffees that we love, can make and care about- Offer of unusual custom teas and cocktails and wines. L'Eto can offer eat-in and take-away, as well some custom orders for cakes!
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I used to live in the area, and after 2 failed attempts at eating here, I finally dined here on my third try. On my previous two attempts the line was too long....there seems to almost always be a line out the door, unless you come very early in the day during a week day...

Anyway, the selection of treats on display is very impressive. Passersby stop and look into the restaurant because their appealing selection is visible from outside the store.

I decided to get the profiterole. This was different than any other i've had before. It was served with a mousey, creamy chocolate sauce. I took it to go because you'll be hardpressed to ever find a seat!

I ate it around the corner on a stoop, and a stranger stopped and asked me where I got my treat because it looked so tastey- and it was!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Found L'eto by chance after being put off by the queue for The Breakfast Club (maybe next time). Had a delicious spinach & porcini quiche with a gorgeous salad including mange tout, cranberries, fine beans beetroot & granola yum yum. The capuccino is gorgeous & the honeycake a thing of beauty. Lovely grub, perhaps a touch pricey though.

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

L'Eto Caffe is a very nice bakery, perfect for a sweet reward after a long day of work or as a Dessert after a dinner in some other restaurant in the area.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Go here for great cocktails and cakes! The teas and coffees are also good, but I'd say the cocktail-cake combo are great on an odd day of annual leave! The lemon polenta cake I had was delicious and moist, with chantilly on top!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been to L'Eto a couple of times. The first time, the staff was rude, but the pancakes were good so we decided to give it a second try because we value good food over good service.

The second time, the service was simply terrible. We waited at least five minutes at the door and no one came to show us to a table. Eventually, we seated ourselves.
There was a long queue at the till and when my partner reached the cashier (10 minutes later) he was told there were no more pancakes. There were at least five or six people waiting after him, so he had to return to the table to choose something else. He decided to order crepes and queued once more (another 10 minutes). When he reached the till, he was told AGAIN that there were no more crepes! Then he noticed that one of the staff was making crepes at that very moment. When he pointed this out, the staff girl replied rudely that that was the last order of crepes. WHAT?

They don't even try to please the customer. I wonder if they did realize that my partner queued for 20 minutes only to be told twice that something was not available when it clearly was! They were just too lazy to make another crepe (breakfast time was almost over).

Also, if you don't do table service, the very least you could do is write on the board what is available and what is not, so people don't waste their time.

Unbelievably poor service. I am not one overly fussy about service, but this was simply too much. Will not be returning.

Been to L'ETO? Share your experiences!