“Perfect spot in the heart of Knightsbridge”
Review of The Levin

The Levin
Ranked #344 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I stayed for 17 nights at this beautiful hotel in London. The staff is very helpful and friendly, the rooms are modern and very elegant. Its a hidden gem in London

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 17, 2009

It took me a while to make up my mind about this place. When you enter from the street, everything seems very close together including the registration desk, the lounge area and the stairs affording you access to the bedrooms. There is also an antiquated lift, but the stairs is the simpler option.

My room (on the first floor) was hugely comfortable. Spacious, airy and decorated in a calming shade of blue. The bathroom is also a peaceful place, a restorative refuge in which to luxuriate after a day spent in London . Unlike other hotels, the Levin offers a champagne bar (as opposed to the usual mini-bar). Though it offers a choice of champagnes (and the facility to make champagne cocktails), I prefer the allure of a pint of good lager, preferably quaffed out-of doors whilst people-watching. There's something about the "beaded bubbles winking at the brim" of a pint of beer that does it for me everytime.

The hotel is literally a three minute stroll away from Harrods, and is also within close striking distance of Harvey Nix. The breakfasts in Harvey Nix are A-one and worth experiencing at least once during your time at the Levin. Though the Levin offers room service and cooked breakfasts, the restaurant in the Levin is currently closed and all the food emanates from its sister hotel, the Capital, which is located just beside the Levin. Given the divine nature of the Harvey Nix breakfasts (consumed al fresco during the "Indian Summer" of last week), however, I did not avail of either the Continental or the English breakfast at the Levin.

Another added benefit of the Levin is its proximity to Knightsbridge Tube Station. It's a four minute walk away from the hotel (and you can be on a tube to Heathrow Airport within ten minutes of leaving your bedroom in the Levin). Finally, the staff in the Levin couldn't have been nicer to me during my stay ; genuinely kind people, all of them.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2009

my daughter just had to get at least a glimpse of London, and off we went for a few days. staying at the LEVIN definetly made my role as guide more attractive then ever. the service provided has just this touch more then just impeccable - it is pro-active without intruding. THANXALOT

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank geert-hugo
Reviewed September 14, 2009

This was our first trip to the Levin since it was L'Hotel. We stayed for three nights at the beginning of our three week trip in the UK, and one night before we flew home. The first three nights, we were put up in Room 24, a definite upgrade over the standard room. It's a lovely large room on the third floor (American count) overlooking the street. Everything as it was at L'Hotel was top notch from new decor, to amenities, to having a quiet night's sleep. During our second stay, we were in room 16 at the back of the building (my first time there). Very quiet, but ugly view (if you peer behind the sheer curtains).

The staff was wonderful - holding our bags both times as we arrived unusually early (first because of a super quick transatlantic flight, second because we elected to drop off the luggage before returning the rental car). When we formally checked in - our bags were waiting, and our rooms were turned out properly.

I have only two nitpicks about our stay. First the new air conditioning system is unusually noisy. We alternated between having it on and turning it off at night. If you're okay opening the windows and having a little street noise - it's a better solution for good air circulation.

The second issue was Le Metro. I love Le Metro and enjoy my breakfasts there (and the occasional dinner). Unfortunately on 25 August Le Metro experienced a flooding problem and wasn't open. It was still being repaired upon our return on 8 September. Instead we had to take breakfast at the sister hotel, The Capital down the street. This was less of an enjoyable experience. Their range of continental items was small, and on our last trip - there weren't enough tables for breakfast, and after waiting in the bar for about 15 minutes, we were given breakfast there - but with little service. We had to ask for everything - food, cream, tea. A bit of a hassle. Plus I expressly don't stay in hotels like the Capital because I hate the atmosphere of these kinds of pretentious places.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank foleydog1
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I stayed here with my son, having found it at the last moment. The room was very nicely decorated, the bathroom amazing, all the amenities were the best. Service was top-notch. It's half a block away from Harrods and Sloane Street, location couldn't be better. But it's also very quiet and you can get a good night's sleep. The restaurant is quaint and has very nice food.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Greetings from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia...

It was very nice experience during my stay with the Liven hotel, I was totally impressed with every thing starting from the location, luxury, room, staff, cleanness and smiley face every where.

No doubt, The liven hotel will be the only choice for me in my next visits to London and I will do recommend this hotel to all my friends and relatives whom looking for oasis of Luxury at Knightsbridge, London.

Mr. Harald , Ava and Martin. your help and cooperating were much appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2009

An excellent hotel with easy access to all amenities & all parts of London, Reasonable, Clean, Friendly, accessable.What elss does anybody wants.When one is in London, One is out most of the day all you one need a comfortable hotel like LEVIN to make the trip worthwhile
A. MESHKAT