“A hidden gem”

Ranked #272 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Stockholm, Sweden
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Levin boasts a prime location at a competitive price, and offers all the comforts of a small luxury retreat. The room (a Deluxe room) was spacious, extremely nicely furnished and thoroughly comfortable. The ambiance is very homey and quiet, yet the service level would make any spoiled globetrotter with high standards more than satisfied. Quiet, friendly yet impeccably correct, the staff will provide for your every need. We felt there was a genuine wish to make our stay perfect. And it was! The Levin is a true hidden gem and well worth a stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RasmusOnTheRoad
Dear Guest,
The team and I were very happy to read that you and your Family enjoyed your visit at The Levin Hotel
I will share all of your lovely comments with all of the team and I would be my pleasure to welcome you back on future visits to London
It makes us all very proud of what we doing when reading commenst like yours

Harald Duttine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed around Christmas time with my partner for shopping in Knightsbridge and we throughout enjoyed the hotel and the room we had. We stayed in one of the Deluxe rooms ( no24 to be precise, you can see Harrods from the window!!).
The room has a small fire place and a lovely seating area and a nice big bathroom. We really enjoyed the amount of space and the huge, super comfortable bed. The hightlight however were the underfloor heating in the bathroom, which made standing there bare feet brushing your teeth a delightful experience and the fluffy bathrobes provided.

Breakfast was served in a speedy and very friendly manner, the continental buffet was complimentary and there is plenty of choice on the menu to order additionally if you fancy a cooked breakfast instead.

Overall we loved the room and the location. Definitely recommending this to friends and family.

Room Tip: book a deluxe if you stay more than a night, it's well worth the extra couple of pounds, soooo s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank London_explorer1981
Dear Guest,
The team and I were pleased to read that you and your Partner had a very comfortable stay at The Levin Hotel
I will let the restaurant team know that you enjoyed the breakfast and the atmosphere.
I am so happy the room you had worked out well for you, I know the heating in our bathrooms is pure bliss it is so nice to keep walking around without slippers and not getting cold feet
It would be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to London please contact me and I make sure I look after you again
Los Osos
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here 1 night on our last night in London before leaving the uk. We were hoping to get a restful night. At 8:00 there was loud disco noise coming into our room. The front desk said he would get it turned off and it was stopped. We were woken at 11:30 by loud drunken yelling. The front desk said they had been warned, but thought they had gotten too drunk. It did stop after about half an hour, but by this time, the restful night was out of the question
We had room 10 right off the lobby. Maybe just a noisy room. The room was well decorated, but very small, not enough room for our 2 suitcases. Carpet seemed a little threadbare and the sheets had been mended. Beds were small and uncomfortable. Seemed narrower than a regular twin. The bathroom was good sized and seemed clean except for the glass of water left behind the mirror, evidently from a previous guest.
Staff was very nice and coffee was provided upon our arrival. Front desk was very nice and concerned with our complaints about the noise. My question is: does incredible staff make up for an exhausting noisy night ? I think not.
I cannot recommend this hotel

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PJTravelerLosOsos
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback you left on Trip Advisor.
We take all comments serious, we follow up on complaints and take necessary actions and try to keep our guest happy
I do admit that we had a Christmas party on that night and guest enjoyed themselves during the evening and therefore disturbed you whilst you hoped for a good night sleep.
I was informed that the noise stopped at 10pm and everything was ok after that.
In regards to the room size you complained I have to protest.
You booked a classic double room (our basic room) what has 25 square meters and is a standard room and size within London hotels and not small by any means.
We do have larger rooms of 35sqm but you did not mentioned anything on check in that the room allocated to you is too small and you feel uncomfortable and if it was possible to see a different room.
We would have been more than happy to show you a different room and would have moved you if you would have be more comfortable in the bigger room.
Our beds are all king size beds and a standard size of 2mtr by 220 mtr and normal for hotels to split them in two singles so there not small by any means .
The water glass you mentioned I`m sure it was our Scent glass without the Scent stick and the Linen I need to further investigate and see what happen we usually do not use linen what is not in perfect order.
I do apologise once again for the uncomfortable stay and bad experience you had with us and I wish you all the best
Scotland
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Levin is a boutique hotel and you will feel as if you are in your own townhouse. Particularly agreeable ladies welcome you and check if you are content. A characterful lift carries you up to your room (only three per floor) where there is plenty of space and style in which to settle comfortably. Exceptionally comfortable beds. The noise of expensive cars outside belonging to rich visitors to Harrods as their chauffeurs jostle for road space is very muted in the day and non-existent at night. Breakfast is taken in an attractive and smart basement restaurant that doubles during the day as a meeting place for important chic about-town people. The choice is limited continental but other items may be purchased separately and the coffee is absolutely excellent. A fine base to be in town.

Room Tip: ask for what you need and you might get it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thewark
Annanda L, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
I was delighetd to see your review and I am verry happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have passed on your good comments to the rest of my team here at the hotel and I look forward having the pleassure to welcoming you again in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2013

No matter which criteria that you use to measure the perfect hotel when staying in London, The Levin not only delivers, it surpasses. Its management and staff, friendliness, location, spaciousness, ambiance and value, all combine to make staying away from home an absolutely pleasurable experience. From our arrival early one morning, to our departure late one evening, Harald and his staff provided what can only be described as perfect service, where nothing is a problem or inconvenience. The rooms were surprisingly spacious, spotlessly clean, very quiet and delightfully comfortable. The free wi-fi worked quickly and seamlessly. We used the restaurant on a number of occasions for breakfast and dinner. The food and service was outstanding. I cannot rate this hotel more highly, and thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: I doubt there would be any rooms that are not superb.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barry A
Annanda L, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, December 27, 2013

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Levin Hotel is a small boutique hotel in the heart of London. They say good things come in small parcels, and The Levin is surely testament to that saying. However, the superior quality of its location, service, cleanliness and value make it a giant within the hotel industry of London.
Attention to detail in all aspects of the hotel's presentation is outstanding. The rooms are spacious and elegantly designed, with ample room for luggage. The cleanliness and presentation of the rooms gives you confidence that you are in good hands. The free wifi is fast and efficient. Every staff member whom we encountered were courteous, friendly and attentive to our needs. The restaurant provides great food, prepared freshly onsite, and served with enthusiasm. I would thoroughly recommend The Levin to anyone visiting London.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne A
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, November 16, 2013

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently stayed at The Levin for the second time as I had enjoyed it previously so much.Its position is great and close to Harrods and very walkable to galleries /museums such as the V&A ,Saatchi and Serpentine.The Concierge service is also very good and obtained excellent seats for me for the theatre and the Royal Opera House.Breakfast very enjoyable too with my favourite papers available.The hotel staff are very warm and welcoming and obliging with any requests.

Room Tip: I was on the front which is lighter and my preference
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo