“Charming” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Levin

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Levin
Ranked #335 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Boston, Massachusetts
“Charming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Lovely small hotel in a great location. My husband and I stayed here just for a night on our way home to Boston. Knightsbridge is great area to stay in if you are visiting London for a short time. The hotel is right next to Harrods, and very nearby Hyde park. it's a lovely walk to the Palace.

The hotel staff welcoming and courteous. Rooms and bathrooms clean and very nice. I would come back for another stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 321sl
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dera Guest,
I was delighetd to see your review and I am verry happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have passed on your good comments to the rst of my team here at the hotel and I look forward having the pleassure to welcoming you again in the near future.

Very best regards
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
Brookline, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have stayed at the Levin for years. It is small and cozy with a helpful staff ably run by Harrold, who will take good care of you. Its location across from Harrods and a stone's throw from Harvey Nichols in the heart of London's best shopping including (Sloane St., Brompton Road and Beauchamp Place) and within eyesight of cab stands and double decker buses. My husband and sometimes walk to Piccadilly and the hotel is near the V&A as well. It has a wonderful little restaurant below the entrance which has a GREAT breakfast, good coffee, and lunch or dinner. It is popular with people who are not staying in the hotel as well. My husband and I often have a light dinner there after we come in from the airport. One other important detail. They have nice pillows. Having recently stayed there after 2.5 weeks in Asia, we were thrilled to sleep on soft pillow which don't throw your neck out. The hotel now sells the Levin Vineyard red wine and a beautiful jelly made from the wine to use with meat. There is nothing not to like about the hotel, but if you are looking for huge bedrooms and fancy schmancy bathrooms, it may not be for you. We have traveled worldwide and stayed in the best, and this is where are heart is when it comes to London.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking Basil Street and with a fireplace (non working) but nice to look at...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ruthie K
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your time in writing such a glowing review on TA.
It is always our pleasure to look after you when you come to London and stay with us.
We are very spoiled with our location right in the middle of the best shops London has on offer.
Sorry to hear that our home made jelly has been taken away from you and this is something to remember for next visit packing it in the right place.
Thank you once again and we are all very proud being part of such a great team delivering great service to all of our guests time after time.
I`m looking very much forward to welcoming you again on any future visits to London

Best regards
Danville, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We just spent 6 nights at the Levin with our two teenage sons and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in London. By the end of our stay we came to think of the Levin as our "home away from home". First, the Knightsbridge location is ideal. You are literally around the corner from Harrods and the Knightbridge tube stop, as well as world class shopping, wonderful parks and incredible restaurants. The rooms are modern and clean and incredibly quiet (I don't know how they make the rooms more quiet than ones we had in smaller towns). What sets the Levin apart from other hotels is their outstanding service. From Harald, the manager, who ensures that your every need is taken care to the staff in their restaurant, The Metro like Rob, who is better than any guide book. When you add the delicious breakfast served to order each morning you can see why the Levin has all the details of being a top notch hotel figured out. Thank you to the Levin for a memorable stay. The Armanino Family

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Alexa A
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
The team and I were very happy to read that you and your Family enjoyed your visit at The Levin Hotel
I will let Rob and his staff knows that you liked the breakfast and you also liked all of Rob’s local tips and suggestions he gave you.
I will share all of your lovely comments with all of the team and I would be my pleasure to welcome you back on future visits to London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Levin is where we prefer to stay, when we visit London. It provides a quite different experience from the bland corporate style of the big chains. Ideally located, intimate atmosphere, immaculate rooms with every convenience that you need for a comfortable stay. The Metro Restaurant is a gem. Whether it is early breakfast or through to a late evening meal, the unpretentious menu just hits the spot. Of course, it is the staff who make the difference! Whoever you encounter, whether it be one of the ladies who care for your room, or the manager, whose presence is evident, unlike most hotels, they consistently deliver the best example of customer service in London.

A taxi driver returning me to The Levin, spontaneously remarked that 'the concierge has the reputation, with taxi drivers, of being the only concierge that treats them like human beings'.

We look forward to our next stay at The Levin.

Norma & Michael Marks

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank michaelmarks1
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

The team and I were very happy to read that you had enjoyed your visit at The Levin Hotel
I am so happy that all went well and you had a good time.
I will share the comments with all of my team and I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Hotel Man
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Levin Hotel is a wonderful boutique hotel, located in the heart of Knightsbridge. The rooms are spacious, modern, clean and always have a gorgeous refreshing smell when entering the room (including the Hotel Foyer). Housekeeping is twice a day. The bathrooms are marble with lovely amenities which are generously replenished daily. Their complementary continental breakfast with fresh produce is a wonderful way to start the day.

But most importantly, are the outstanding staff that work at the Levin.

This was our 6th stay at the Levin Hotel – and we have rebooked again to stay there in 2014!

Thanks to Harald and all the staff at the Levin Hotel for welcoming us back again this year and we look forward to staying again in 2014.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Matetsi882
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that all went well and you had a good time.
I will share the comments with all of my team and I am delighted that you booked again with us for your next visit.
I am very much looking forward to welcoming you once again to your home here in London
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our room was extremely small. It would be ok for one person, but never for a couple.
Very unconfortable in the sense that there was no room at all to open our (small) weekend suitcases. It had to be done on top of the bed.
Positive: It was very quiet. And almost "inside" Harrods.
Negative: Our bathroom garbage bin was full, from previous guests, as we checked-in. Awful.

Room Tip: One person per room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Little_World2012
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for your review.
We always appreciate and take very seriously any feedback from our past guests.
The room you booked was a classic double room with 25 sqm what is normal for London standards and I`m sorry you felt there was not enough space for you.
Whilst you stayed with us all of our of our bigger deluxe rooms had been fully booked and we had no possible way of changing rooms during your stay and I’m really sorry about that.
In regards to the bin I do apologise and I can guarantee you that this has to be a one off and I will investigate and find out how this happen.
We getting so much praise and positive feedback in regards to our cleanliness in our rooms
And I`m really upset that in your case we not leaved up to our standards
But I’m please that you find that our location to be good and quiet.
If you wish to return at some point please contact me directly as I would very much like to handle you’re booking personally
Kind Regards
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We normally stay in large corporate chain Hotels so it was a gamble when we booked at the Levin for 4 nights at the end of June . Well the gamble was worth it , what a surprise we were met by the manager Harald at the door on arrival and immediately shown to our room.
The room was a good size for London and very elegantly decorated and spotlessly clean and well presented - the bathroom was bright and modern although a little small , definitely only a 1 person bathroom! never the less very pleasant - I dont know why Europeans insist on a shower in a bath , we would have preferred a shower cubicle alone which would have been more spacious.
Jetlagged we thought we would eat in before bed so ventured down stairs to the cafe/bar/breakfastroom for a light meal - The staff there again were fantastic and felt like we were in a little country pub , very friendly and chatty, The meals are simple but delicious with a good selection of wines.
Over the 4 days of our stay the staff got to know us which is a very nice thing as opposed to the large hotels,
On checking out we needed a taxi to the railway station , Harald the Mananger went beyond his duty in securing one for us at a time when finding a taxi is very difficult , thankyou things like this makes a difference to the memory of yor stay . Overall we can not recommend this hotel highly enough to anyone wanting a more personal experience in a perfect location in London.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MikeT1954
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your time in writing such a positive and good review from your recent stay at the Levin Hotel.
It is always a pleasure to see good reviews like yours.
I am so happy your gamble paid off and you had a good time
I am pleased that all went so well for you and I hope I can welcome you back in the near future.
Take care and all the best