“The other 1076 hotels listed on here don't have a chance!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Levin

The Levin
Ranked #264 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Alcester, United Kingdom
“The other 1076 hotels listed on here don't have a chance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Myself and my fiancé stayed at the Levin to celebrate my fortieth birthday.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were made to feel so welcome.

We stayed in a 'normal double' as there weren't any deluxe rooms available for our two nights, but I have to say that the room was absolutely marvellous, spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished in a homely but uncluttered style. Having air conditioning made it all the more comfortable.

The bathroom was spotless also with lovely toiletries and under floor heating adding a touch of luxury.

Our room was a front facing room overlooking Basil Street and we weren't disturbed at all by street noise.

We ate at the hotel restaurant next door - Le Bistro on our first night and Lounge Blizzard were playing an acoustic set. The food was delicious and the music was fantastic - the atmosphere was just right, lively without being over the top in any way. A girl got up to sing a couple of songs as did a chap who played the guitar which really made it a special evening.

We had something to eat from the breakfast menu each morning and can't fault it. Rob the Le Metro Manager and his team deserve a special mention for great service.

I'll be honest, I was a bit daunted about staying in London, I'm a country girl and it's a long time since I spent any time in any city, let alone London! but Harold the Manager is so charming and his team are all so genuine and friendly that it really made the trip and I really hope to return soon.

4 Thank OldBill99
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for writing such a glowing and fantastic review.
I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
There is no greater compliment than to hear you would like to return and experience life in the big city for a couple of days.
You always welcome to stay with us and maybe next time you can try one of our deluxe rooms.
Maybe we have another music night in our bistro and Rob will be very pleased to see you again. We are all very great full for the good compliments you left and I would be very happy to welcome you in the near future back to the Levin Hotel.
Best Wishes
Harald Duttine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the start of our honeymoon (2 weeks throughout Great Britain). We found it to be a nice hotel overall. The room was small, but nicely appointed and clean. The included breakfast was definitely modest with no hot meals, but what we had was good. The staff were very nice and helpful- they remembered what we had done every day and always asked us how our activities were. The location was great (right next to Harrod's, Hyde Park, and the Underground).

Overall we did not find the hotel to be exceptional, but it was a very nice, comfortable place to stay in London with very good staff.

• 3 of 5 stars
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest

The team and I were very happy to read that you had enjoyed your visit at The Levin Hotel.
We are spoiled with our location so close to Harrods and Sloane Street and a lot of London’s main attractions are just on our door step. I will share the comments with all of my team and I would like to welcome you back on future visits to London

Best Regards
Harald
Oneonta, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you like a small hotel with warm and personal service, Egyptian cotton sheets,a wonderful small restaurant with room service, in a central area of Knightsbridge, look no further. The Levin is literally a stone's throw from Harrod's on a quiet street and a 3 minute walk to the Tube (Knightsbridge) on the Picadilly line (which is a direct shot to Picadilly, Covent Garden, et.al). Their American plan is a great value for the area with transfers to/from Heathrow and a full breakfast each morning. I would do without other things to stay here.

Room Tip: Less expensive rooms have no view, but are perfectly fine.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your time in writing such a positive and good review from your recent stay at the Levin Hotel.
It is always a pleasure to see good reviews like yours.
I know that our location is one of the best here in London.
I am pleased that all went so well for you and I hope I can welcome you back in the near future.
Take care and all the best

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a charming small hotel, with a personal touch. I stayed for three nights in early May 2013 in a standard room. The bedroom, while not large, was adequate by London standards. The bedroom decor was modern and relatively chic, and the bathroom also looked fresh. Service was cheerful and attentive, and is in keeping with the character of the hotel. The location has much to recommend it: the hotel being in a quiet street very close to Harrods, and a few minutes from a stop on the Piccadilly line. If one wants a relaxing and comfortable experience in the Knightsbridge / South Kensington area, this boutique hotel would be hard to beat.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review you put on TA.

It was a pleassure looking after you whilst you stayed with us.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well.

Looking much forward to welcoming you again on any future visits to london

Best regards
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had Room 42 (which is pictured in the photos) and loved the location and loved how quiet it was. The bed was cozy and the room was immaculate, very nice hotel and the restaurant in the basement had some very great cuisine. We loved it and would gladly return!

1 Thank ShaggyDaNomad
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so happy you enjoyed your room.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at the Levin for three nights. The experience was excellent. The room was large by European standards and was spotlessly clean. The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful in terms of directions and recommendations for restaurants. We had booked a three night package which included transportation to and from the airport. Also included breakfast and a dinner in the affiliated restaurant. Another bonus is the location, close to Harrods and an Underground station. Yet the hotel was very quiet. Will stay again at next opportunity.

Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review on TA from your recent stay with us.
It’s always a nice feeling when I read reviews like yours it makes me and my team feel very proud and we have succeeded in another mission. (Mission accomplished)

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and all went well I do hope I can welcome you back in the near future please let me know of any future dates and I be happy to help with the booking

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Levin for three nights. Very warm welcome, nice room with all amenities you needed, good breakfast. I had one issue though: the noise from the street. I raised it with the manager (also that I am rather sensitive about this) and was told it would be quiet after 8 pm - no chance of that. It was well after midnight until things calmed down. It might be better on upper floors?!? If I go back, I would only do so when one of the few rooms to the back is available.

Room Tip: upper floor and to the back
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind feedback you left on TA from your recent visit at The Levin Hotel.
It was our pleasure to look after you whilst you stayed with us and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality and service we provided to you during your stay.
I will share the comments with all of my team and I would like to welcome you back on any future visits to London.

Best regards