“Lovely intimate hotel stay”
Review of The Levin

The Levin
Ranked #279 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Australia
“Lovely intimate hotel stay”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Spent 6 nights at The Levin towards the end of August. We flew in from Australia to heathrow and it was a very easy tube ride on the Piccadilly line directly to Knightsbridge, which is a few minutes walk from the hotel. Staff were immediately welcoming and gave us great recommendations for finding our way around. Very handy for V&A museum and Hyde Park.

Knightsbridge is very busy, excellent if you are interested in very expensive super cars, as around Harrods there are plenty. However the hotel is a haven of tranquility, very quiet and enjoyed excellent nights sleep. The bathroom was spacious with a shower over a bath and quality toiletries.

We had a deluxe room, included a sitting area, and was spacious. We also enjoyed the continental breakfast, nice coffee and Rob even found me some Marmite to enjoy on my toast each morning. Great to have wifi available, but it was a little slow and dropped out requiring you to relogin.

Would happily stay again, when next in London.

Room Tip: Deluxe room has plenty of space.
2 Thank Rekj
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your time and great review you put on trip advisor.
It is always such a pleasure to read the reviews our guest leave on trip advisor.
It shows us we all doing a great job and our service is of high standards at all times.
I am so glad all went well on your last stay at the Levin and I`m also pleased that Rob found some special treat for you during breakfast.
I would like you to welcome you back to The Levin on your next trip to London please let me know and I am happy to help you with the reservation.
Wishing you all the best
Harald Duttine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is not the place to stay if you want a large, flashy hotel from one of the international chains.

It is just the place to stay if you want a lovely, boutique hotel, in a great location, where the staff makes you feel welcome from the first minute to when you leave.

Two minor complaints. We had trouble getting the WiFi to work, and when it did it was quite slow. The mattress was also a little firmer than I like.

Great location, not two minutes walk from Harrods in a quiet but very pleasant back street in Knightsbridge. Train station around the corner. Cafes and great shopping within minutes.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Harald D, General Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for writing a review from your last stay at the Levin on trip advisor and I am so pleased that all went well and you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am aware of the issue with our Wi-Fi supplier and we still investigating the matter and hopefully we able to upgrade soon in order for a better and quicker service.
The mattress oh well it is a personnel option and sorry y it was not to your liking but I must say most of our guest say that there sleeping very well and the mattresses are very comfortable.
I do hope you will return to The Levin on your next trip to London and if yes please contact me so I can assist you with any reservations you need.
Toronto
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I finished our European getaway at the Levin in Knightsbridge. We were so pleased with the location (right beside Harrods) and the quality of the hotel. Although we arrived a few hours before check in time, our room was ready and it was lovely. We had a deluxe room, which gave us plenty of room for our four large suitcases. The room was spotless and very nicely decorated. Our rate included breakfast, airport transfers and a voucher either lunch, dinner or afternoon tea in the hotel restaurant. Breakfast was lovely, and we had an enjoyable lunch there one day....it's a great place to unwind with a glass of wine at the end of the day. The property was just perfect, and the staff were very friendly, helpful, and very client-oriented. We will definitely return to this fabulous hotel.

Room Tip: Book at least a deluxe room if you are shopping!
1 Thank bobby056
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I am very pleased that you and the rest of your family had a great time whilst staying at the Levin
It was my pleasure to look after you and I`m delighted to read such a great review what will help us to stay in top position
We do hope we can welcome you back to the Levin in the near future
Best Wishes
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our family of 10 recently stayed at The Levin. This was the third time we have stayed here. It used to be called L'hotel..but was completely remodeled and renamed. It is lovely! The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The Levin is located on Basil St which is a quiet street just down the road from Harrods. We feel very at home at this hotel and would not stay anywhere else while visiting London. You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DebMc1980
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for the great feedback you wrote on trip advisor
It was our pleasure to look after you and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.
We always try and our very best to accommodate all of our guest request
Our aim is that Levin guest`s return back home with good and happy memories
And most of the time we succeed.
Please let me know of any future visits to London and I be happy to assist you with a reservation
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Levin is a great boutique hotel. Staff is more than friendly, they make you feel home ! location is perfect, justs beside Harrod´s and it´s neighborhood and Knithsbridge subway station. Rooms are comfortable and so clean. Breakfast is excellent, too.

2 Thank TheAccidentalTripper
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you so much and I am so pleased you liked the hotel.
Yes and we are truly a "home away from home" for most of our guests.
I will share your lovely comments with all of my team and I`m sure there all will be delighted to have a job well done once again.
I hope that we will be welcoming you back to London and the Levin soon.

Best wishes
New Zealand
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is definitely one of the best boutique hotels I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in many luxury hotels around the world. This independently owned property is excellent in every area, from the warm and friendly welcome, the cleanliness of the beautiful appointed bedrooms and the wonderful breakfast. This has been my 5th stay at The Levin and will always be my first choice when visiting London.

Many thanks to Harald and his staff for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Matetsi882
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
It is a great pleasure to have you stay with us again and again.
I am delighted that you feel comfortable and like our service here at the Levin.
We try our best to make you feel at home and make sure you have the best time.
I look forward to have you back again soon
Please let me know of any future visits and I be happy to help you with any reservations
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Fantastic location, just mins from Harrods, only 16 rooms, friendly staff, great room size, everything nice and modern, had a fabulous time and will definitely go back! When u are in london 2 things are important: location and room size, hotel Levin has both and so much more, if u like small and intimate and nice, this is for you :) My favourite hotel for future visits to london :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our location is one of the best and so close to all the best shopping London has to offer and right next to the most famous department store in the world. It was our pleasure to look after you whilst you stayed with us and I do look forward having you coming back soon. Please let me know of your next visit and I be happy to help with your reservation