“Perfect”

Ranked #276 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Elma, Washington
“Perfect”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This small boutique hotel is just wonderful. My adult daughter and I stayed for three nights recently and couldn't be happier with our choice. The staff is friendly, professional, and know what they are doing. The hotel is charming and beautifully appointed. The location is just amazing...about one minute from Harrods, about two minutes to the tube, and the cafe on the corner is just steps away and serves wonderful food, a great "tea", and very good coffee. In addition to all of this, it is quiet! It should be noted, however, that this does not come without a price. Our three nights ended up costing 2,000.00 USD. That is without room service or any extras. If the cost does not matter - you couldn't find a better place to stay. If it does matter, (for us it did), think about the quality of your time and the length of your visit. We knew we would only have three nights in London and didn't want to mess around - wanted it perfect. (also FYI - it was about 80.00 USD for cab from/to Heathrow)

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and were happy.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank daughterofasailor
TheLevinHotel, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review.

I`m so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It always feels good when we receive good feedback and customers leave with happy memories.
I`m very proud to have such a great team and we will continue to provide excellent service to our customers

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Levin on future visits to London

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Having just had our second visit to The Levin we had a wonderful stay and were cared for in the most excellent way by all the staff.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Where do I start! The Levin Hotel is one of the best hotels I have ever been to, and I have been to numerous hotels around the world and " The Levin " is by far my most favorite hotel for the following reasons:
Fantastic Location: as it is one step from Harrods and many excellent shopping venues.
Amazing prompt services: it will honestly take the wonderful staff members less than a minute to grant your wishes.
Outstanding staff: they really treat you like family and make you feel like home and go to any extend to help make your stay enjoyable and comfortable and will give you fabulous guiding advises concerning places to go and things to do in London.
Restaurant: unforgettable food, Atmosphere and fantastic staff.
I would go back to it whenever I visit London and will recommend it to people looking for an unforgettable Boutique hotel.
Rania AL-Awadi
Kuwait
July 23,2011

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Rania88
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at The Levin. The room we stayed in was very nicely decorated, and very clean. But the best part of The Levin is definitely the staff. They were all extremly nice and always going out of their way to help us in anything we needed. When we arrived home, I recieved an email telling me I left some clothes in the room, and asking what they should do with them. This goes to show how excellent their service is, I have left things in hotel rooms by accident before, but I have never been contacted by any of them. I highly recommend it!

1 Thank MarcelaCh
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The things that impressed me most with this hotel was:
- location - its two doors up from Harrods and within walking distance (about 3-4km) to other shopping areas, but there are heaps of shops closer than that as well, though they are not cheap shops
- service - the staff went beyond that expected, nothing was too difficult. They do have an optional service charge which we were happy to pay due to their free wireless and the fact they served us their amazing coffee for free after we had checked out but were returning to the hotel to drop off some shopping with our luggage. In addition, when we arrived the taxi's EFTPOS machine was busted and they let us withdraw cash from them to pay for it
- breakfast - the coffee is amazing (you have to pay extra for proper brewed coffee but its worth it) - and I drink double espressos, no sugar, which is a true test! I can't actually drink coffee at home now because their coffee was so good. The offerings for breakfast are exactly what I like - included with the room was continental only, you have to pay extra if you want a fry up. The breakfast had fresh fruit and high quality cereal, they were happy to provide me a jug of soy milk for no additional charge.
- we got a deluxe room - the size was excellent, for London I would go as far to say as it was almost huge, a little noisy but bearable (it wasn't noisy all the time). I love the decor in this hotel!

Its not the cheapest hotel but for three nights it was worth it for the location, service, food, and room size. I know from experience that even when you aren't in the room much, a bad hotel can ruin your trip. We had stayed with family in the UK elsewhere already so had money left over for accommodation.

3 Thank Ann S
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This was a repeat visit to The Levin, although the previous time was when it was L'Hotel. New owners have renovated the premises beautifully. A small lift services the building. We had a room on the third floor facing Basil St. Although the room was not large, it was reasonably well designed, with the exception of the need to negotiate two doors from the hall to gain access. That was unwieldy and somewhat aggravating, particularly when carrying suitcases. Air conditioning was a little noisy. What sets The Levin apart is it's excellent position, very close to Harrods and Knightsbridge Underground. The location is surprisingly quiet at night. A reasonably good continental breakfast is provided in the restaurant on the lower ground level.

Cape Town
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Our fourth visit to this home from home in London. The staff are terrific, the location is central yet it is very quiet. The breakfast has good variety. The beds and linen are the very best. Just fantastic all round in our opinion. Would we go back a fifth time? Absolutely, and this time we will book a deluxe room. The only item that could be improved is the internet access which at present is available but you need a password renewal every 24 hours which is a slight irritation nothing more.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple