All reviewsroyal opera housecovent gardenno liftdrury lanesplit levelgreat locationsmall hotelsingle roomnarrow stairslovely little hotela ground floor roomtheatre landbottled waterleicester squarewest endlady on receptionjust round the corner
Reviewed November 26, 2010

This hotel was perfect for our weekend in London. So central and couldn't be more convenient for the opera house. The rooms were comfortable and nicely decorated, and the staff were very friendly . The hotel doesn't serve breakfast but that wasn't a problem for us as there were so many places to eat nearby. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be planning my next visit soon.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2010

NEVER EVER AGAIN - from start to end - terrible experince - would rather stay further away then close by but on a such garbage hotel. Some rooms without windowns, some without working light... not acceptable even if it would cost half of it...

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Adriana1975
nellyandjohnny, Manager at The Fielding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry you have not enjoyed your experience at the Fielding; however we do feel your comments are very unfair. Every single one of our hotel rooms have windows. Our Queen suite, which is situated on the lower ground floor is the only exception in that it has pavement sky lights, which bring in natural light. Having booked only a single room, we ensured we upgraded you to our highly refurbished suite by way of apology for a small confusion upon check-in.

All of our rooms also have working lights, naturally, but occasionally a bulb goes, which we replace! After having replaced a bulb in your room, we checked all lights the following morning and everything was working as it should be.

We are sorry and disappointed you would rather stay elsewhere, however, we do pride ourselves on our long list of returning, regular customers whom we value very highly.

Reviewed November 5, 2010

Poorly signposted, I managed to walk around Covent Garden for half an hour with a suitcase before finding this hotel. When I arrived the man at the desk continued sitting in his chair, just said here sign this (a paper), plonked my keys on the divider and said 'off you go'. Quite literally... I didn't know where to go, he hadn't told me my room number. I read off the keys what room number I was in. With a suitcase I said 'Is there a lift' and he replied 'no just the stairs'. Then after a pause he offered to help with my case but i declined. The room was clean and well presented but TINY!
Overall, the tiny bit less you pay for Fielding Hotel compared with perhaps Thistle Charing Cross (a nearby hotel I have also stayed in-beautiful) was not a worthwhile sacrifice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank bean_ari
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Found this hotel suggestion in Frommers and Rick Steves. Sounded good for what we needed, or more importantly what we did not need. No breakfast, restaurant or bar. We don't eat the cooked breakfast that so many tourists fatten up on. Plenty of patisseries, coffee bars, pubs and restaurants within 3 minutes walk. No parking (if you are crazy enough to have acar in London), or even bus access to front door, as it is on a pedestrian court between Bow and Drury Lane. Very convenient to Covent Garden (3 min) and Holborn (7 min) tube stations for flexibility. CG is on the Picadilly, so single train access to Heathrow. Central location with max 30 min walk to Parliament or Hyde Corner or Tower of London in various directions. Great bus connections in all directions from Aldwych. In the middle of the theater district, so easy walk to 90% of London theaters. Good compromise for me (business) and wife (shopping, sightseeing, theater, cafes). Not the cheapest in the city, but the location is worth the extra expense. I understand some of the comments about noise, as the floors are very creaky. If you have someone noisy above you, it could be detrimental. Ours was not bad at all for 8 days. We had a ground floor room, meaning we did not have to haul luggage up the stairs (no elevator). going back for a week in March, and will definitely stay here again. Enough said.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank allkarod
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Spent 2 nights here last week for business/pleasure. Firm bed was great after travelling and sightseeing, Wonderful location, quiet street and very handy to everything that Covent Garden has to offer. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business