“Well-priced”

and 1 more site!
The Fielding Hotel
Ranked #214 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed for one-night and it was perfect for our needs. Not at all fancy, but charming and surprisingly spacious. If you're looking for something with lots of amenities, this isn't it but nor is it trying to be, Perfect location if you're a theatre-goer. Close to tons of great restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you don't travel light, ask for a room on a lower level.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Laurelmcg

Reviewed April 5, 2013

we stayed for 2 nights in april in a ground floor double. the room is small but well designed and the staff were very helpfull. the location is excellent close to attractions but still quiet for central london. we found the bed quite firm and the room could do with a repaint but would stay here again. had an excellent meal at yming and the real greek.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JayneHTB
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the fielding hotel for two nights. The first night we were woken in the morning at 7:30 by kango hammers, sawing and a load of banning! The hotel is going through an upgrade and I was very upset that the management did not tell me that the hotel was going through this upgrade when I booked a month in advance. I did complain to the receptionist and they gave us the first night free for inconvenience it caused us. This hotel is a hidden gem, positioned in the heart of Covent Garden, walking distance from plenty of first class restaurants, the tube station and theatre land. All the staff we came into contact were welcoming and very friendly, our room 15 was beautifully decorated, the hotel has a load of history that is oozing from the walls. The next ime we visit London we will book into this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 15 is beautiful.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 2greatdanes
Reviewed March 20, 2013

One of my most favourite places in the world is Covent Garden and this elegant boutique hotel is located in the heart of it!! The location couldn't be better. I have discovered a place to stay when I visit London, as I always end up in Covent Garden piazza! I stayed with my daughters in March for a night in a double bedroom and the other one in a family room. Both rooms were spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished. Everything was superb, beds, bath, free wi-fi, tea & coffee facilities, etc. The staff were extremely polite and attentive. The Fielding Hotel has a lot of character and an elegance that I didn't find anywhere else so far. It blends in with the whole magical atmosphere of Covent Garden. We shall most definitely stay here again and again and again! Thank you very much Grace and Ananta!

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 42 and 43. Both were totally awesome!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rigaina
Grace L, Manager at The Fielding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

What a wonderful review, thank you so much! Covent Garden is a lovely area of London and we are so pleased you enjoyed your time with your daughters in our little haven in the midst of it all.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

my partner treated me to the opera...a stones throw away and the night at this charming hotel.....
You will not be disappointed....from the friendly reception to a most beautiful room....large bed....a fantastic slipper bath...and the best shower I have ever had....and their recommendation for breakfast was superb......

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank southseasim

Thank you! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and your room...what a nice treat to have been given.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here in February 2013 for a couple of nights. We had booked the hotel for its central location, and we were not disappointed. It is superbly located for the West End and for theatre land. Close to the Royal Opera House, to Covent Garden and its tube station, a pleasant and level walk along the Embankment brings you to the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey.

The hotel itself is charming. Modest in size, it has a period feel. Our room was on the second floor and was deceptively large. The bedroom was on one level and the bathroom / study area sunk on a lower level. Whilst we loved the quirkiness of it, anyone with significant mobility difficulties would find the split level challenging. If you have such difficulties, then it would be advisable to contact the hotel in advance of your booking. The room was immaculate, both in terms of its decoration and its cleanliness. The bathroom, in particular, was sparkling.

You can't eat at the hotel, but - hey - there are numerous cafes and restaurants within a couple of hundred metres. Ask the reception staff, as we did, to recommend somewhere for breakfast. They recommended a little cafe on Drury Lane (about a two-minute stroll away). I had a wonderful bacon sandwich there - thick slices of bacon sandwiched between satisfying chunks of bread! Lovely! There are also plenty of national chains offering breakfast within easy walking distance if you prefer something a little more sophisticated (by which I mean "less tasty"!).

Both my wife and I slept well here. Despite February's cold weather, the room was pleasantly warm. As others have said, there are complementary eyeshades and earplugs available, but we didn't need to use these. I did use the complementary slippers, though!

A highlight of our trip was a visit to Somerset House - again only about a 15 minute walk from the hotel. The entrance charge was laughable, really, given the treasure trove inside. The House contains the Courtauld Institute's superb and comprehensive range of works of art, including Renaissance art. Over the last few years we have visited world-famous galleries in Florence, Venice and Rome. And yet - I think I enjoyed this better. That's because everything's on a human scale and you can get up close and personal with some great works of art. It's not too overwhelming, really.

So - in conclusion - the Fielding Hotel is very good if you're looking for somewhere central to stay in London, It may not be to everyone's taste, but it suited us. Next time we travel to London for pleasure, the Fielding will get our business again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mineworker

This is a wonderful and informative review and I'm sure it will be very useful to other potential guests too, thank you very much indeed for taking the time to cover it all.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Although it is more of a just a place to sleep, so I am not sure how it gets hotel name, it is still a superb place to stay. The fact that it is in the centre of Covent Garden means bars, restaurants and cafes are close by. When I stayed here several weeks ago, the staff were very helpful and the room was well-furnished. It has free-wifi too which was a great addition. The bathroom was fully-stocked with everything you need and there was a EXTREMELY comfy bed. What impressed me the most was the reasonable room-rate; it shows you can enjoy a London break without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo