“Another fine stay”

and 1 more site!
The Fielding Hotel
Ranked #226 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our third visit to The Fielding. Even though we were not going to the theatre, for which it is so well placed, we stayed for our London trip because we like it so much. Top floor twin room (stairs) clean and comfortable with adjustable heating and a really superb shower. Friendly and helpful front desk. As I run a small rural B&B (Swan House, Tarrington) I really appreciate not having to eat a full English to get my money's worth - which wouldn't be as good as mine - and I regard the lack of a restaurant at The Fielding is a plus; no pressure to get up, no noise (and it is a blissfully peaceful place for London) and loads of choices just outside the door if you do want to eat early. We will be back.

Room Tip: Stairs are steep to top floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Silverfinch
Grace L, Manager at The Fielding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you so much for this positive review and it is much appreciated as you are in the same industry and obviously notice the details!

There are newer reviews for The Fielding Hotel

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights while on a business trip in London.
I was meant to be in a single room but was upgraded to a double.
The hotel was perfect!
The staff were all really helpful & accommodating.
I was on the top floor (no lifts) so if you have mobility problem I would request a ground floor room.
Bed was really comfortable, plenty of fresh towels, sparkling & still water, coffee, hot choc etc all provided.
Room was slightly on the cramped side but I was hardly in it.
Bathroom was good with loads of amenities & the power shower was great!
I would say the room needed a little touch up/coat of paint etc as was looking a little tired.
There was some noise from the surrounding bars etc but as I had long days I fell asleep quite easily & for anyone who is a light sleeper then ear plugs are provided with eye masks.

The hotel offer a free day voucher to use the Nuffield Covent Garden gym round the corner. The gym was brilliant & I attended 4 classes during my stay.

The hotel does not offer food or breakfast but there is so many bars, cafes, shops & restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel- the location is ideal. The hotel is a 4min walk to the tube station.

I would recommend this hotel for business & leisure & I have tried to book for my next 2 business trips in March & May but it is already full :-(

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Alan M

We really appreciate you taking the time to review us and thank you for all the feedback.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The location is quite great, few steps from the Covent garden tube station, and few steps from London night life! The hotel is very charming, we didn't see the owner or the manager, but Ananta, the guy we met at the reception and who took care of us, was very kind, professional and smart! The man every manager would like to find !
Thank you Ananta!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Calinserralunga

What a lovely review and the photos are great too! I will pass this on to Ananta who is indeed a little star, many thanks indeed.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Single night on a business trip, cosy creaky hotel in a superb location for theatres, leicester square and covent gardens. Literally just round the corner from the central line tube station, with many options for eating within easy walking distance. I love hotels like this, but be aware that although the room is clean and the bed dreamily comfortable, the room area is not ample and might not appeal to those accustomed to high-end luxury.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here after a trip to Ronnie Scott's and it made for a perfect weekend. The hotel is in a superb position, tucked away in a courtyard area just opposite the Opera House. The lady on reception was lovely, helpful and chatty. We had room 30 on the top floor...a huge bed plus a handy lounge area. The rooms aren't huge but they're plenty big enough for an overnight stay, well furnished and modern. Would definitely stay again...great to walk yards to good pubs and attractions! Apparently you can get some noise from revellers but we didn't hear anything...then again I did use the earplugs provided!

Room Tip: Spend a bit more and go for room 30 if you manage 3 flights of stairs :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel multiple times from 2004 through to 2011 whilst travelling on business to London (I now live in London). The hotel has no lift so if you have heavy bags or difficulties with stairs this isn't the place to go. They also don't do breakfast but as the are right in the middle of Covent Garden there's no shortage of places to go.

The rooms are clean and bright and surprisingly quiet given the hotel's location. The staff have always been friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Malcolm W
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The hotel reeked of history in the way that the hallways meandered with varied levels for the rooms. The room we stayed in had its private bathroom down a set of stairs and around the corner. In the Theatre District, the hotel had very good security, with no in-and-out unless one was a guest. We were able to walk to the historical shopping districts and great restaurants, as well as take in several performances at the grand theaters. If you are a fan of monotony in your hotel preferences, where one cannot tell what city one is visiting due to every room being similar, do not stay here. There are no two rooms the same and the staff knows every guest.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ray-n-Sol

What a lovely review, thank you...we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality and old world charm!