Alhambra Hotel
Doubletree
$373
$310
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$109
galahotels.com
$285
$276
2,118 results
All reviewskings crossst pancrasargyle streetpancras stationenglish breakfastmain buildingrooms are smallbritish libraryno liftshower and toiletfull englishbreakfast roombudget hotelbasement roomshared bathroomtriple roombeans
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Alhambra Hotel. Extremely friendly staff throughout the hotel, very good breakfast, clean rooms, very good choice for people on a budget! We will definitely stay here again the next time we're in London!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Extremely clean and comfortable. Very nice beds - unusual for the budget hotels-, quiet with consistently good prices and a very good breakfast. Very friendly reception staff. Plus a minutes walk from Kings Cross tube and station.
Must rate this 10/10 as a London stay on a budget - or indeed even if money not such an issue- I would rather spend the extra on a good meal!

Room Tip: Least expensive rooms have shared facilities and are on the 3rd floor. An extra ten pounds or so gets you en suite lower down in the building if you don't like stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My second review of the Alhambra Hotel, this time i was in a different room that was facing the road. My last room was at the back. This was room 17 on the first floor.

As before, the room and en-suite WC/Shower was clean. Had a side table and plug sockets near the bed which always helps. You don't usually get sockets near the bed even in the top hotel chains. Always a help if you need to charge your phone that also doubles as a clock alarm! You also get a chair to sit on which you don't always get in hotels/B&B's of this type.

I didn't have any problems with noise at night from the road because there really wasn't any so i can't understand some reviews that complain about noise unless they have very sensitive ears. The street is one-way leading to Euston Road and traffic is very light.

The full english was a great start to the day but you can have a continental is you wish.

This is my first time staying in the same hotel twice in a row. I usually look around and try try different places but i think the Alhambra will be my first choice for every visit from now on.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank funkyjudgeUK
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I chose this hotel due to it's very convenient location to the train stations St. Pancras and Kings Cross. I was very glad I did after getting off the Eurostar and had to simply walk across the street to get to the hotel. Argyle Street is quiet and calm, and feels very safe. The hotel is very close to stores and pubs as well.
The room we had was very small, but was fine for a clean place to sleep. They didnt have washcloths or hand towels, or even towel racks to hang towels on- which was annoying. The mattresses were hard.
The service was wonderful, and the breakfasts were traditional English or continental. If you are looking for a good location to transportation and a simple place to sleep, I recommend this hotel. If you are looking for a more luxurious room, a place you would hang out in for longer periods, you might want to look for that kind of lodging elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage, ask for a ground floor room, there are no lifts.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My stay was unplanned as I had arrived from overseas and missed an evening train that I had booked. However The Alhambra provided a very welcome stay. The bedroom was well maintained, clean, the bed was very comfortable and the power shower most relaxing. Free Wifi and tv in the room was another benefit. My only qualm with the room was they should have provided complimentary toothpaste.
The complimentary breakfast (I went with a full English) was tasty and Moorish and without asking I was given extra toast with my type of bread preference catered to and extra orange juice.
The staff were very friendly and most helpful and if I need to stay a night in London again I would defiantly use The Alhambra again.

Room Tip: I only put terrible for swimming pool because the hotel doesn't have one.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo