“My One night in London.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Alhambra Hotel

Alhambra Hotel
Ranked #247 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
“My One night in London.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

My stay was unplanned as I had arrived from overseas and missed an evening train that I had booked. However The Alhambra provided a very welcome stay. The bedroom was well maintained, clean, the bed was very comfortable and the power shower most relaxing. Free Wifi and tv in the room was another benefit. My only qualm with the room was they should have provided complimentary toothpaste.
The complimentary breakfast (I went with a full English) was tasty and Moorish and without asking I was given extra toast with my type of bread preference catered to and extra orange juice.
The staff were very friendly and most helpful and if I need to stay a night in London again I would defiantly use The Alhambra again.

Room Tip: I only put terrible for swimming pool because the hotel doesn't have one.
1 Thank Peter C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
South West UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have often walked past the Alhambra and seen it full - and having stayed there myself now, I can see why! I was stranded in London last night, needed somewhere to stay, and the Alhambra luckily had a room available. Small but perfectly formed, my room contained everything I wanted - including the free wi-fi I am using to type this review! - and everything was spotlessly clean; the bed was also extremely comfortable, and I had a great night's sleep. I have just had one of the best breakfasts I've had in a hotel for a long time - a fabulous full English with no cheap ingredients, cereal, orange juice, and toast with a great variety of spreads. I'd have no hesitation in recommending this hotel,and its super-friendly staff, and I'll definitely be back!

One small word of warning, though. My room was on the lower ground floor, and I could hear and feel the Tube trains running. This didn't bother me at all, but if it would be a problem for you then you might want to request a room on a higher floor - but let's face it, if you stay in a hotel near King's Cross you're not guaranteed peace and quiet anyway, are you? :)

Room Tip: If the noise from the Tube would bother you, ask for a room on a higher floor.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Small value for money hotel very close (within 50m) of St Pancras. Not sure of cost because we paid using air miles.

The room was small but very clean and ideal if you are just using it as a stopover.

We had to rush in the morning but the staff were willing to serve quickly whatever we wanted and couldn't be more helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bangor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed in the Alhambra for the first time, despite many years of trying, I can see how it has built its reputation. This place is amongst dozens of budget hotels but is almost always full and there are some good reasons for this. Firstly, the reception staff are very helpful, the room was immaculately clean, decently sized and the bed was very comfortable. It is amazing how often hotels get these core expectations wrong.

Of course, the hotel is very well located near to King's Cross, St Pancras and Euston, and especially close to the British Library which is the main reason I have to visit London. But it is the correct balance of cost and experience that the Alhambra gets right. In most other budget hotels in the area the single rooms are doll's house sized, the beds are springier than a very springy thing and the cost is disproportionate to the experience. I did not try the breakfast so I have no comment to make about it's bowel loosening qualities, although I can recommend the Govinda restaurant near to Soho Square if you need a lunch to encourage a stool out in a timely and satisfying manner.

Overall I would say that I would happily stay at the Alhambra every time I visit - the only problem is that too many other people feel the same!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank SeamusBeoirgra
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Alhambra's location is terrific - a few minutes' walk from King's Cross/St. Pancras and the Tube. It has a friendly, helpful staff and an international clientele. Rooms are small and basic, but decently appointed and very clean. Breakfasts are great, with many choices (one thing I really appreciated was the large bowls of plain/natural yogurt instead of the too-sweet flavored varieties offered by most places). Free internet is a big plus. Beds were very comfortable and the room was quiet. I was delighted to find good, reasonably priced accomodations in London and will certainly be back.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room both times I stayed there. Both rooms faced other buildings, which didn...
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I've have been visiting London since March 2000, and I have stayed at the Alhambra Hotel ever since on FIVE different occasions. I have to say, I have always had an excellent experience. It is a family run B&B, and every family member is professional and very nice! I almost feel like I'm part of the family. Bruno (the manager) remembers me everytime I stay. The rooms are very clean and cozy-warm. The beds are so comfortable, I almost want to take one with me back to Los Angeles, California. They provide their guests with a full English breakfast every morning, and it's always delicious! I took my sister who is vegetarian and my mother who is a very picky eater and they were both very satisfied with the breakfast! The location is better than most expensive hotels in London!!! The last time I stayed I booked a Eurostar trip to Paris for the day, and I could believe I only had to walk about 100 meters to get to the St. Pancras International train station!!! Getting around London is also very easy because Kings Cross subway station is right across the street! They free WiFi was always working strong, and I found this to be very nice. I will continue to recommend and stay this hotel for many more visits to London! I highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband needed hospital treatment at UCL Hospital - stressful enough, without thinking I would never find a room, having read the awful reviews on tripadvisor of other budget hotels in the area. I stumbled across the Alhambra and it was just what I needed. Reasonably priced, comfortable and very clean, very pleasant and accommodating staff and only 15 minutes walk or 1 tube stop from the hospital. I will certainly stay here again for his next treatment visit and would recommend it for any kind of stay in London.