“Value for Money - got a deal when booking”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Saba Hotel London

Saba Hotel London
Ranked #168 of 575 London B&B and Inns
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Value for Money - got a deal when booking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We booked this hotel for an overnight trip to Olympia. It's idally located and very easy to find from Hammersmith tube station.

We paid £18 each (3 of us in a triple room) no breakfast but it was a bargain for how well located it was and it was clean and friendly.
We arrived a coupe of hours early but the room was nearly ready so they let us in to drop our bags and advised they'd just go back in to hoover up. Can't complain at that.
When we returned late that night, the room was warm and checkout was completly simple.
There was absolutely nothing to complaina bout for what we paid for this room and the staff were helpful and friendly to boot.
Bargain! Will remember it as ticked all the boxes for what we wanted.
Thanks

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I booked this hotel as it was an ideal base for a London trip, close to tube station, my son had an appointment at great ormond street and i got a call from the hotel whilst in see the doctor which obviously i didnt answer so i called them back as soon as i was out to be told there was a problem with the hotel i had booked and i would need to go to a different hotel which meant going to a different tube station to what i had planned, i had arranged the one i had due to location and walking distance as my son cant walk far, so i was understandably very annoyed, i had to phone back lots of times due to not knowing where to go and completely getting lost, only to be called about 3 minutes before i actually arrived at the new hotel to be told i need to go to the original hotel, i was very angry by this time and just went into the new hotel to be told they would get us a taxi to the original hotel, man in the this hotel tried to explain what had happened and that the man who called me was new and would be dealt with by manager (yeah right!!!) so we then had to wait for the taxi which felt like for ever, in the end a Mercedes turned up which i was very hesitant to get in with my son but it was a registered taxi so i did, it was a very weird journey!! taken down some back roads to eventually be told we wasn't even staying in the hotel i booked but the 1 next to it!!! i know there a family run hotel with 5 hotels but it was all just a bit strange. any way went in and it was "apparently" the manager there but he sounded like he had no idea what i was talking about, i was told the manager was already dealing with it so someone was lying. We was tired by this time so all we wanted to do was get in the room and i must say the room was very nice, we had 2 doubles and 2 singles it was massive!!! although bathroom was tiny, it was clean and the lady serving breakfast was lovely, so although we had all the trouble with getting into the hotel it was an ok stay but with all the messing around i wouldn't stay there again, perhaps they ought to work on there customer service skills.

Room Tip: good luck with getting the hotel you actually booked
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ali M
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I recently booked to stay at The Golden Strand Hotel but was moved to the Saba Hotel instead.

The location is great as the hotel is very close to the tube and Westfield shopping centre. Lot's of little restaurants and shops around too so you can grab a bite to eat in the evenings.

The hotel itself looks very impressive and smart from the front. Check-in was smooth despite it being quite late and I was put in a room up on the top floor. The room appeared clean, there was a wardrobe, a fridge and tea & coffee making facilities. Overall, it is excellent value for London.

The only negative really is that I stayed for 4 nights but during my stay the linen was not changed. Luckily I brought my own towel with me. Also it didn't seem as though the shower had been cleaned in quite some time either but these are only minor things.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in London for about 2 weeks in May 2013. Let me start off by saying that this hotel is by no means fancy; however, it is clean, comfortable, safe, and affordable. The hotel is super easy to find and seems to be in a nice part of London. It's located close to everything you want to see - about a 10 minute walk from the hotel to the tube. The rooms are small, like really small; it didn't bother us because we had a packed itinerary and didn't spend much time in the room. I think a family manages the hotel, and everyone we interacted with was very polite and helpful.

Our first room was located on the 5th floor. There's no A/C in the building, which we didn't think would be a problem because it was May, but being on the 5th floor it was definitely a problem. The windows in the 5th floor rooms are really small and they barely open, so it doesn't bring in much air. We were sweating in our sleep, so we asked to change rooms and they moved us to the 1st floor. The 1st floor room was MUCH better, but very noisy...we weren't going to complain though! I think it was because there was a family of like 15 staying on the 2nd floor.

I recommend this hotel if you need a clean place to stay overnight in London without spending an arm and a leg.

Room Tip: Higher floors are very hot with no A/C; first floor rooms are much cooler, but very noisy - you hear...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed in this hotel because of it's location- close to the Hammersmith Apollo and the tube, easy access to Heathrow airport. I traveled with a friend and we each booked a double room, personally I would say that the rooms are too small for a couple that are sharing. There is a fire station nearby, so a few times during the night I heard fire brigades etc go by. I doubt that this is a regular occurrence but I definitely woke up a couple of times because of the traffic outside (I stayed in no.57, a room towards the front of the hotel)
The bed was very comfortable, decent shower etc and a basic breakfast. The rooms were very clean and the building seems to be well looked after. Very good value and a good location, I would recommend this hotel and I will return to it if I am in Hammersmith again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful getting our room ready early and allowing us to leave luggage for the whole day after we had booked out even though we were only staying one night. Room was clean and comfortable with fridge, hairdryer, TV and tea/coffee facilities. Location perfect for Hammersmith bus station & tube - four bus routes right outside of hotel. Would thoroughly recommend hotel to other travellers and would definitely stay again.overall value for money great budget accomadations.

Room Tip: more variety at breakfast would be good
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

On arrival we were told we had to wait for our room as we arrived very early in the morning. So we had free luggage storage by the Hotel that was useful. Our room was a triple room it was clean and fit for our purpose as we only needed somewhere to sleep and shower as we were out most of the day. The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful breakfast was what i would call continental Toast, scrambled eggs, beans, Cheeses Yogurts, Cereals Tea coffee Etc.

Overall it was good we will return again when next in London as it was not too expensive only £85.00 for 3 people for the night. Bargain !

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the back of the Hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends