“GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY EXCELLENT”
Review of Saba Hotel London

Saba Hotel London
Ranked #160 of 554 London B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY EXCELLENT”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful getting our room ready early and allowing us to leave luggage for the whole day after we had booked out even though we were only staying one night. Room was clean and comfortable with fridge, hairdryer, TV and tea/coffee facilities. Location perfect for Hammersmith bus station & tube - four bus routes right outside of hotel. Would thoroughly recommend hotel to other travellers and would definitely stay again.overall value for money great budget accomadations.

Room Tip: more variety at breakfast would be good
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2013

On arrival we were told we had to wait for our room as we arrived very early in the morning. So we had free luggage storage by the Hotel that was useful. Our room was a triple room it was clean and fit for our purpose as we only needed somewhere to sleep and shower as we were out most of the day. The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful breakfast was what i would call continental Toast, scrambled eggs, beans, Cheeses Yogurts, Cereals Tea coffee Etc.

Overall it was good we will return again when next in London as it was not too expensive only £85.00 for 3 people for the night. Bargain !

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the back of the Hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2013

So let's start with the positives... Decor ok, neutral colours, easy access into the hotel entrance and reception seemed to be manned at all times. Check in was easy, and checkout not complicated though I had to request a receipt, which I would normally expect to be provided for anything which cost £65. At £65 a night it's a relatively cheap night in London, though as you will see, I think this is one of those "You get what you pay for" examples.

The entrance is clean and stickers on the door shout about their 5 Star hygiene (which is a great achievement) though I did not eat here. I went out of the hotel for food and highly recommend a Tapas place just a few doors away.

I should also say, I did not register a complaint with a manager. This was a business trip, with a late check-in, and no time to be rearranging accommodation. I would have moved elsewhere if I'd have turned up here on vacation!

Pictures give a good idea what to expect, so attached are a few of them, but a few more words also...

This place proclaims on their entrance door way to be Trip Advisor rated, but the part of the sticker with the rating on has been cut off (see picture)

Rooms on the 5th floor are a long way up. There is no lift.

The room I had was small. Ok for 1, but there is no space on the "other side" of the double bed. There is a fridge, but I was surprised to see a half eaten sandwich in it (pictured). There is a sort of hospitality tray and a kettle... I did not try them out.

It was a very warm room. They know this, as evidenced by the provided fan (which is thoughtful) but it's a shame it is caked in dust. Would it hurt to brush or vacuum it? Vacuuming the floor properly, just occasionally enough to leave it clean would be a good idea too (see pictures). The wardrobe is propped up with some cardboard; better than it rocking about I suppose.

Bed sheets. If there's one thing to get right, it's clean linen. Not sure what the mark on the top sheet is. I didn't look inside the bedding. Slept on top. It was warm enough to, and I felt more hygienic not getting nearer to the mattress! See picture.

The room TV had a good picture. There is good provision of mains sockets. There is Wi-Fi, though not suitable for my laptop. I did manage to connect an iPad and deal with some emails. Signal strength variable but manageable.

The clean towels were small but adequate and 2 seats provided for single occupancy.

The bathroom had a toilet which I advise you close the lid on before flushing, otherwise the splash-back hits your legs/feet. The management are obviously environmentally aware... They left me the last occupants half used soap bar, as well as their fridge sandwich. Plenty of loo paper rolls, though I suspect this means it is replenished rarely in bulk to save smaller replenishment which good places do almost daily.

The shower is actually ok, but just ok. Unfortunately, it's very compact, and it is extremely easy to knock the on/off temperature selector, resulting in cold or very hot water, or no water. Also, if you shower when presumably others are doing so, the water flow does slow and even completely stop.

On night 1 I kept the bathroom light on for the fan, but there was an unpleasant smell (like sewage) and I think it must drawer the smell up into the room. Day 2 I left it off... Much much better.

I looked in the bedside drawer when I was leaving, to check I had put nothing there. Part of a Durex condom packet in it. Nice!

Overall, would I stay again? No, absolutely not. I would review Trip Advisor in more detail in future and pick somewhere better for the price.

Room Tip: Unless you have little to carry, and if you don't mind the need for a fan on a warm day/night, do not accept floor 5 bedrooms.
And ... Maybe ask - have I got what I booked? Saba Hotel, or Royal Guest House 2? Since the doors into the property are the same and there is one reception area... And one staircase up to the bedrooms. I don't really see how they can trade with two names. Either way, on TripAdvisor, I have posted my review against both names.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
12 Thank hancouk

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was on a weekend trip to London with a friend and had booked one night's stay at this hotel. On a first glance, the hotel is well presented and clean. We spent the evening out only to find that upon our late return our room was infested with small bugs, which I can only describe what I believe must have been bed bugs. Never seeing one before in my life, it was initially hard to tell. We went down to the 24hr reception desk only to find this was closed! After spending a very disturbed night at this hotel, we left early in the morning, tired and in a rush as we had a train to catch. When I arrived home from our weekend trip I phoned the hotel to report what we had found. Upon this first phone call I was told that their manager was not in until the next day but they would get him to ring me back and would `definitely sort something out for us`. I didn't receive a ring back so the following day called again only to be told again they would ring me back and guess what? Never did. Eventually I sent an email and received a reply the following day. They basically told me that had checked the room and found nothing so wouldn't be offering any compensation for our trouble - what happened to the customer always being right?! If you want a pleasant hotel stay, please stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013
8 Thank Mfairhurst1
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

clean hotel run by pleasant Asian family, one of a small chain of hotels run by this family, all local to Shepherds Bush, 5 minutes from the tube station, it is a friendly clean hotel, rooms are small but with all normal amenities in the rooms, reasonably cheap for London

Room Tip: book online to obtain cheaper booking, hotel on a busy road so ask for a rear room if not keen on tr...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a 1 night stay, due to a business event the following day. We arrived after a 2.5 train journey expecting reasonable accommodation, we booked in to hotel to be taken 80 yards down the road to what I can only describe as a bed sit. (Not what the pictures on the Web site showed). The room stank of smoke, the curtains bairly closed due to the fact they were hanging off the runners, the chairs were so badly stained you thought you might catch something if you sat on them, the bathroom door was on a runer and that didnt even close properly!! We were told there would be a hair dryer in the room so we went bk to reception (80 yards up the road from out actual accommodation) where a gentleman said he would go and find us one, we stood there for 15 to 20 mins and he did not re appear!! So we said to another gentleman who worked there we aren't happy and they were not very helpful! We did stay in the end as we couldnt find any other accommodation in the immediate area!! (If we could of found other accommodation we would have been straight out the door). In the morning I found a pouch of tobacco behind my colleagues bed which confirms the smoke smell, my colleague has reactivate arthritis and we said this on the night before to the gentleman who said he would try n find a more suitable mattress for her. (Funny that never happened eaither) so my colleague was practically crippled from sleeping on the wafer thin spring ridden things they call mattresses!! Breakfast was very good and enjoyable, when we checked out we again stressed how un happy we were and they did offer us 50% off our next stay but to be honest after everything I have just mentioned we really didnt want to go back. We saud this and asked for a 50% refund which the gentleman said we would have to call in the morning and talk to mr saba. We rang that Monday morning a guess what still no refund to this day!! Unless you can guarantee that you are in the actual hotel avoid!!

• Stayed September 2013
Herzliya, Israel
Reviewed September 21, 2013

When getting a room at 87$ a night. you should keep the expectations reasonable.
Even though, here are some points worth considering here:

The expected:
- Breakefast, simple and ok.
- Really small room, but clean, includes kettle with coffee, tea
- Getting one towel each day, need to ask for another towel if you wish it

The good:
- 7 mins walk to hammersmith underground station - a direct line to heathrow 40 mins ride, 30 mins walk to kensington street and hyde park.

The bad:
- There was a problem with the hot water in the room at the morning, tooks 2 days to fix, even - after fix the water was warm rather than hot.
- In two night, when arriving, the wifi was not working and became functional only at the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Guy L