“Great tasty food!!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Great tasty food!!!”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family went there for Eid celebration dinner as my sister has been there before and recommended for us to try. It was really packed and hot but got table for 6 in 10 mins which was surprisingly quick. We sat down and ordered our hummus starters and Iranian bread which is to die for. The main was rice and mixed kebabs of chicken and kofte and chicken cubes etc which was so so tender and moist. I found the rice a bit dry but can't complain much as it was equally delicious. Our overall experience was 9/10 because we found the prices a little too pricy compared to some restaurants. But worth the food and taste and good customer service and was even given free tea and nan from the manager :). I will recommend anyone thinking of giving it a go u have nothing to lose but gain tasty Iranian food experience!

• Polish first
Devon
“New taste experience”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Have never tried a Persian restaurant before but chose here as staying in the area based on other reviews on Trip Advisor. Had a mixed starter of 5 separate dip type dishes with bread which were all home made and delicious followed by land kebabs with rice and a land, kidney bean and dried lime sauce type dish, again both very tasty and a change from the usual Indian. Will definitely try this cuisine again.

London
“Good Food Not Much Else”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We were supposed to be in Dublin for a weekend break , except the Great Air Traffic mess up grounded us in London ! So we ended up in Persian Palace as ,by our experience ,you don't necessarily need a booking ! That's is logically means either way of the scale too quiet or too busy. Pleased to see a fair queue of people pressed up inside the the entrance next to a "Nuclear" oven churning the hot delicious Persian "Taaftoon" Bread. I immediately realised this is a authentic copy of Iranian Eatery Restaurant which means Great Food but in a conveyor system of service mixed with fast pace sit eat leave as quick as they like you to do it ! So we waited ; didn't take too long to get a small table for 2. The starter platter arrived as quick as lightening and yet again had to ask for more ice to cool down the Coke from boiling Temperature ! I went for safety in numbers aske two of the Ant like waiters and one pleasant young girl finally came back with it. Btw this is a BYO but I won't bother no time for corking or pampering!
Half way through the starter the mains turned up and we refused to take it and were pleasantly surprised for the understanding . The main meal looked Fantastic and for the most part tasted fantastic to my taste since the chicken Kebab was slightly "over cooked" hence dry but the Koubideh was excellent ,except that authentic Persian use Zaffron for the colour and aroma but understandably expense inhibiting factor in use!
The Reastaurant is very much a whole family affair and kids are welcomed and tolerated which means very noisy and for some too much ,and I think would be nice to hear the music rather frustratingly looking at fuzzy TV screens which creates a Cafe atmosphere !

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Pretty good food, good atmosphere but poor service”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The restaurant is quite large and often busy, particularly weekend evenings (I have eaten here a few times). Every time I have been the welcome at the door has been very subdued, it makes you wonder if they want the business. The tables are pretty squashed together and as the restaurant is busy it's really noisy. The last time I went, my boyfriend and I were placed on a table pretty much joined to either table next to us and behind a large group of kids, we literally sat down and realised this wasn't going to work as we couldn't hear each other speak! We asked to move but it seemed like it was a big hassle to the waiter and a waitress came over to me and told me they're fully booked despite there being about 10 tables free! They eventually moved us to somewhere a little less invasive. The waitress that served us was lovely, I wish they were all like that, she had a smile on her face and was very helpful. The food doesn't take long to come to the table and is pretty tasty, can't say it's the best food of this cuisine I've ever had, in fact I know two other restaurants that are much much better in quality and service! But the price is ok, we paid around £40 for 2 main meals and a meze starter (no alcohol). The atmosphere is good in the restaurant, it's buzzy and has good vibes. But the service of some of the waiters/waitresses lets this place down big time!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Charlotte-Rose86
London, England, United Kingdom
“Big portions and good value but lacks vegetarian options”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The interior looks great with various Persian decorations, and the crack team of staff dressed in snazzy uniforms are friendly. The mournful tones of Googoosh’s brilliant music provide the soundtrack to your ample meal. Large portions befitting of a Zoroastrian feast greet you and for good value prices. No alcohol licence however, but the 60p cups of tea will keep you suitably refreshed until you can make your way to a nearby boozer afterwards. My only real complaint is the lack of vegetarian main courses, although the okra dish is very pleasant. I would suggest the addition of ghormeh sabzi to enhance the otherwise fine menu.

• Visited November 2013