“Lovely restaurant, lovely food & a lovely man”

Pollen Street Social
Reserve with OpenTable
Pollen Street Social is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #168 of 23,697 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Michelin-starred Pollen Street Social is British chef Jason Atherton's flagship restaurant. A contemporary bistro offering deformalised fine dining in Mayfair, the menu places emphasis on fresh British seasonal produce. The restaurant houses not only a cocktail bar but also a dessert bar, where guests can watch the pastry chefs as they cook. A private dining room next to the wine cellar seats up to 12 guests.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We went here for my 50th birthday & we were made to feel extremely welcome. Unfortunately we only had an hour to eat our meal because we had tickets for the theatre, we mentioned this to the staff and this was not a problem at all. The food was delicious & tasty & the service was great. Yes, it was very expensive but we sort of expected that! As for Jason Atherton, what a nice man he is and how nice to see a "celebrity" chef working in his own restaurant - he took the time to speak to us, both before & after the meal which made it all the more special.

I had the monkfish which was very nice, I also tried a bit of my sons lamb which was so tasty & would definitely recommend. He actually thought it was the best meal he'd ever had (& he's had some real good ones!!)

We will definitely be returning and this time we will make an evening of it so that we can really appreciate the whole experience.

My only criticism is that it doesn't open for food until 6pm so if you're planning on going to the theatre then go to the matinee instead of the evening performance!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,282)

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We came here on a recommendation from a friend. We went after seeing a show and sat at the Dessert bar (as we had already had dinner). There are about 8 seats at the bar (I think!) where you can watch about 6 chefs create amazing works of art. We had the Goats Milk Rice Pudding and the Peanut Butter and Jelly dessert - as well as the White Orchid cocktail. Each one was incredible!!! The service was fantastic (from the bartender to the waitress to the Chefs behind the counter). Ambiance is lovely - hip and modern. Location is on a little side street off of Regent - you feel like you're tucked away in a tiny town even though Picadilly Circus is just down the street.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

It really is top of the pile, the food and service are faultless. Great touches include free try plates and I'll definitely be back to sit at the sweet bar to watch the experts in action,fabulous.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Had a great birthday lunch here with my mum. Excellent service & pace of dining, and the atmosphere was nice and relaxed. Table was very slightly squished in and up against a wall, but that is just me being quite fussy.

Now to the star of the show, the food. I had the mallard starter, lamb main and apple / cheesecake desert. All were delicious, with the starter being my favourite (very elegant and rich depth of taste). The most incredible part of the meal though had to be the between course extras - the pre desert mousse / sorbet is unbelieveable, as were the white chocolate covered grapefruit sorbet petit fours. Actually thought they out-shone the 3 courses.

Lunch was £50 each with a glass of wine, 3 courses and coffee. Felt like incredible value, and I will definitely be back in the future.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Had a great lunch here with a friend yesterday. Staff were courteous and made us feel welcomed. I had the slow cooked egg with black pudding and crispy pig's ear for start and it was divine! Then I had the rib eye steak with chips cooked in duck fat with a selection of sauces. It was delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there. Service was quick but sweet. There was a Japanese lady who was on her own but received as much attention as the others had. Thought I wouldn't mind dining there on my own as well next time. The other complimentary dishes you get like the pre-starters & pre-dessert were such a great treat! I love the sorbet covered in cream. Wish I had more of it. Will definitely go back there. Hopefully with a new menu to try.