“Good thing I wasn't a Michelin inspector”

Pollen Street Social
Reserve with OpenTable
Pollen Street Social is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Michelin-starred Pollen Street Social is British chef Jason Atherton's flagship restaurant. A contemporary bistro offering deformalised fine dining in Mayfair, the menu places emphasis on fresh British seasonal produce. The restaurant houses not only a cocktail bar but also a dessert bar, where guests can watch the pastry chefs as they cook. A private dining room next to the wine cellar seats up to 12 guests.
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Some amazing flavours and brilliant dishes but with flies on the salad (two flies on two different leaves) and a bone in the flaked haddock, not good enough.

The service wasn't quite there either. Starred restaurants are supposed to know who ordered what (main courses wrong) and the maitre d' didn't know the sorbets and ice creams (but they were absolutely fabulous)

Got free choccies for the flies/bone

Write a ReviewReviews (2,309)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've been to the restaurant a few times and so far I've never been disappointed. The atmosphere is very delightful, lots of light & modern contemporary setting. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The last time I went there for lunch with my other half, we had to wait for the main course longer than usual but that was fine as we were not in a rush. The food is very well prepared - sophisticated but not too fancy or complicated. The dessert bar is a must if you have a sweet tooth!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

After a cancellation 6months ago I have been itching to eat at the pss and it did not disappoint. From the moment I walked in I was treated by the friendly front desk,coats taken and seated at the bar where the smiths played in the background (one of my favourite bands) and I drank from a tankard! We had an early seating(6pm) so had the full attention of the staff. The food was fulfilling, tasty and well proportioned. I had the house wine which was very nice and 4 glasses later I should have got a bottle! ;-) After our starter and main we had the opportunity to sit at the dessert bar which was fantastic was the girls work and watching and hearing the swearing from the main kitchen which was mesmerising at times(4 glasses of wine remember!) we had 3 free desserts and had another just to make sure they tasted as good as we thought.
What made the night for me was the friendly staff and how they made the restaurant. One of the managers was very nice to both of us (sorry forgot his name! Wine again) and even got a small cake to take away as a birthday gift. Not cheap but worth it for a celebration dinner.

1  Thank DENCFC
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This restaurant is fresh and modern with the most gorgeous mixtures of tastes in unique blends! From scrumptious bread and salt cod pâté as a amuse bouche to the most amazing predessert of pear sorbet, pear mousse and nut crunch to the partridge with game bolognese and chicken, pear and chicken skin soup I could not have been happier. Then at the end I had fresh mint tea and decadent macaroons (green tea, peach or chocolate) and frozen raspberry covered in white chocolate, milk chocolate ganache......... Need I say more? Go, go, go!!The service was tiptop too. Set menu was a bargain!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our group of 6 came here to lunch on a Saturday. The service was impeccable and every dish we had was cooked to perfection. The fixed menu is a great value. As the restaurant was not busy (we arrived at 12:45), we were not rushed and had desert at our table. Would definitely return the next time we are in London.