“Awful ! Worth stay ever!”
Review of King's Cross Hotel

King's Cross Hotel
Ranked #400 of 578 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The whole stay was a complet disaster! I booked this room to meet up with a friend who came to visit from Norway. We decided to meet up in London . She stayed in a different hotel for the same price (£90) and it was a lovely room. My partner and I weren't do lucky. Our bed actually smellt dirty. The door/ window that opens up to a pill of garbage. No wify reception in the bedroom unless you stand behind the door by the toilet. Bathroom so small 2 people can't use it and no room whatsoever to put any toiletries. No blinds to protect from morning day light (I had to use my coat to cover the window) So noisy as located downstairs and everyone who goes down to breakfast passes by it,noisy ceiling stairs, no noise isolation from the door whatsoever. I actually left my details to the staffs so the owner could contact me and make this right but no one as bother to do so. They obviously don't care as their business is making and bad reviews does not bother them.Its all about taken your money and off you go. Don't bother with breakfast unless upu like mouldy jam ! Dreadful hotel!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MilliesKitchen

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Pleasantly surprised as it was obvious that the room we stayed in had recently been refurbished. Although the room and facilities were compact everything was very clean. The only problem I had was that there was not bedside lamp as I do like to read before sleeping. The man on reception was friendly and efficient and they also had someone at the desk all night. As we had to leave by 6.30 we were too early for breakfast so cannot comment.

The hotel is ideally placed close to Kings Cross and St Pancreas yet far enough away from the Euston Road so we did not hear traffic noise. Very good value for one nights stay but most probably the room is too small for a longer stay

Room Tip: We stayed in room 8 on second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sirje B
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I've only stayed in one hotel worse than this. Sleeping on a bench may be on a par. The sheets at least looked clean but I wouldn't have used the shower. The reception guy was pleasant enough but the cleanliness of the general parts of the room were not great. There was no soap or plug in the bathroom. We only stayed here due to a cock up by Expedia on our hotel next door. Still you can't expect much in London for sixty quid and it was at least amusing in a fawlty towers kind of way. Although I hope we haven't caught anything

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Anna M
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The room is okay but there are stain on the bed sheet. The carpet on the floor looks dirty and a rusted shower head.

Good location as it is located within walking distance to King's cross st pancras station. Plenty of food choices as there are many restaurants around.

Reception is helpful as they let us keep our luggage in the hotel before our train time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carmenlai
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is not a hotel. It is a place where you get a bed in a small room. The toilet and shower is so small that your have to have the door open while using it. Otherwise you can't turn around. The walls are very thin so you can enjoy conversations between all other hotel guests.

This is not worth 75 GBP.

Earplugs is a most.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2013

hotel was like a 1970s Blackpool B&B our room was at the top of 4 flight stair,room was very very small noisy and not very clean,the worst hotel ive ever stayed in ,spoiled my wives 50th birthday. Breakfast was egg and beans the good thing about the hotel joke.

Room Tip: Don't book it
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is hands down the worst "hotel" I've stepped foot in. It took 5 minutes for the door to be opened for us so we stood out in the rain! The rooms we booked were small and not worth £95 for that reason alone, not to mention the tatty walls and curtains, the stained bed cover, the lack of mattress protector and only one paper thin pillow each. The bathroom had no shower mat or hand towel and nowhere to hang the tiny towels that were provided. There was no plug in the sink and stains in the toilet! The walls are also paper thin. I can't judge the breakfast as after 6hours of no sleep we cut what should have been a 2 night stay very short and walked out of there at 4.30am NEVER to return and I would suggest you never go!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends