“kingcross hotel london”

Ranked #408 of 554 London B&B and Inns
Rotterdam
“kingcross hotel london”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

the room was small but clean, bed was okay, floor was not level so nothing else was, made me feel drunk without drinking. big downside was the bathroom and toilet was done the hall and a flight of stairs.
location is good, close to underground and trains.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Before Arriving at the King's Cross Hotel, I called ahead to ask about parking. I was told there was no parking near the Hotel. On arrival, I noticed the were parking bays right in front of the Hotel ( Free over the weekend after 2000hrs Friday - 0830hrs. The receptionist was outside on the steps having a cheeky fag, which wasn't a problem. The problem was when he was checking us in, he was on a personal call throughout and asking me to pay cash when they had a card reader.

The room was basic... The room had not been cleaned properly as the flat sheet had been put over a dead body in a crime scene and a solitary cushion had been left behind the head board for months judging by the dust collection. The curtains were literally "Hanging" on by 3 clips each so was impossible to shut out the light from outside.

I went to hang my clothes in the wardrobe and the rail fell out. I tried to put it back up, however I was not able to as the top of the wardrobe. When informing the receptionist about the broken wardrobe, he replied "Oh"! There was a long silence... He then said he would get someone to look at it. This never happened.

I asked the receptionist for a taxi number so we could travel to a nearby venue under a mile away which he offered willingly (Channel Radio Cars). However, the taxi driver tried to charge us £12 for a £7 maximum fare! When the driver realised that I was actually a local to the area he dropped the price down to £10 and told me that the only reason the price was so high was because we booked from the hotel.

For £99 a night, I expected more for the price I knew there was a shared bathroom, but not between the whole of the hotel... I feel like I have been cheated and will not be staying they again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David H

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

London
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Basic hotel with friendly staff. Perfect location for us as we really only used the hotel as a base!
Breakfast was simply but staff were always helpful!
Clean room with nice facilities.
Great location near train station!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Actually to call this establishment a hotel at all is a bit rich as others have said. Dirty, shabby, tiny, overpriced turd of a room and very unwelcoming dodgy manager... (I was overcharged), no soap or towels or anything else...but so much for the highlights. One good thing: they have wi fi so I could write this review.

I was actually booked in to the hotel next door but they botched my booking. So I unfortunately rolled up to the next one down, The Kings Cross "Hotel".

Avoid at all cost.

Room Tip: JUST DONT! bargin down the price