“Convenient hotel for a Swift visit to the Capital”

Hilton London Paddington
Ranked #397 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Convenient hotel for a Swift visit to the Capital”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for one night when we took our 13 year old daughter to see Taylor Swift at the O2. Arriving by train in to Paddington the hotel is extremely convenient, with no need to drag luggage round the underground. We were allowed to check in early which really helped make the most of our day. Our room was a good size for London and our daughter was pleased that her put up bed was comfortable for a change. Our bed was also a good size. All the usual amenities - flat screen TV etc. breakfast was good with friendly service. Again the buffet was rated as particularly good by our discerning daughter. The hotels situation connects easily with most of London. Easy travel to the Southbank and onward to the O2 by Thames Clipper. We walked to Portobello Road on the Sunday - took us about 30 minutes. Overall a good choice for a Swift visit.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review after your recent visit at Hilton London Paddington.
I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us, and especially found our great location and transport links an advantage when travelling around the city and visiting major tourist attractions as Portobello Road.
Thank you for your positive remarks regarding the breakfast quality and room standard.
I hope that you and your daughter enjoyed the Taylor Swift concert at the O2 and we trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit.

Best regards,

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed here with a friend and whilst the location is superb there were some issues that made it less acceptable than normal.

It was great that I could check in early and was upgraded to an Executive room which means we got Exec Lounge access. This was great.

When it arrived in the room there was no power from any of the sockets and this needed to be corrected by maintenance which took about 30 mins. I am sure this should have been picked up by housekeeping when they cleaned the room from the last inhabitant. Similarly the half eaten burger left in the mini bar should have also been removed!!!

The other issue is all the noise that started in the corridor at 0700. This went on for ages until it was finally sorted. Not really acceptable.

One final minor irritation is that the only free newspapers were the FT or Independent. I know it's great that you get free papers but surely it's not too much more to offer any newspaper free. Like I say a minor irritation.

Overall, I was not greatly impressed with this hotel, which is a shame.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies if your room was not up to standard, I will be most grateful if you can please provide us with your room or booking number so we can investigate the issues that you have raised, my direct email address is diliana.dimitrova@hilton.com
Again, I extend my apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Best regards,
Hampshire
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Only King Guest and King Exec available, (in between level of the King Deluxe room not bookable) so I booked King Guest. As HH Gold upgraded, but suprisingly checkin took care (and ages) to find 1-level up Deluxe despite none available to book online !
(Not as if hotel was saving giving me lounge benefit, a 21.00 checkin and drinks hour was over)

Room a reasonable size, workdesk etc, plenty of lighting and power sockets. Flatscreen TV, but for upmarket hotel, the tv channel choices were a definite let down, other lower price rate Hiltons even do much better channel wise.
With late checkin did not use Hilton restaurant, ate out. In morning had restaurant cooked help yourself breakfast, plenty of choice, was ok, but nice rather than great. .
Alas major work outside rooms including cranes, workmen on gantry's, I had to keep curtains closed and lights on because which was annoying for me.

Had not stayed here before as often high rates, but booked last minute at a fair rate for a major brand central london hotel, and I needed to be in this general area the one day.
Whilst room was probably worth what I paid this night, I really would struggle to justify the far higher rates I see online most midweek days, for that room, no lounge AND with construction right outside my room. No doubt business funded stays/rooms feed the, to me, too high price per night.

When rate at a weekend is reasonable I may risk again, and see if different HH Gold elite treatment etc but did not get any feeling I was any sort of wanted/valued HH guest so am in no hurry to return and try this Hilton hotel again, as I felt more valued at most of the other London hotels I have stayed at.

I quite like the Paddington area as a restful change from Mayfair areas though and is great for getting to/from LHR by fast 15minute train.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from side where, currently the whole side of hotel is just a massive BUILDING SITE...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank scuba_in_the_sun
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear scuba_in_the_sun. Thank you for your report. It would appear that you had generally enjoyed your stay with us. I must apologise for the inconvenience that was caused by the workers on the adjoining building. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards Mark.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

i enjoyed my stay its been one of the most comfortable stay in london, great location and price was competitive. The only criticism would be they should inform the guests at CHECK IN that if they moved anything in the mini bar they will get charged even if they do not consume the item. I moved the paddington bear (why would this be in a fridge??) just to have a look then i placed in back. The next morning I received a bill for £9.95! Lol thats when i realised that I will get charged for anything that I moved in mini bar...there is a sticker in front of the fridge but its in grey colour..not clear for customers to see...is this a trick? Fortunately the accepted my mistake and took fhe charges off...

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank sam5un9
Dear sam5un9. Thank you for your review of your stay at the Hilton London Paddington. I was happy to see that with the exception of your minibar experience, you had a wonderful stay. I have taken note of your comments about the sticker and we are investigating how better we can identify this. I am glad that the reception team quickly resolved this matter for you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards Mark.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton London Paddington while on a business trip in July 2013. First of all, I was only in London for 2 days and my meetings were in the Piccadilly Circus area, thus I needed a hotel that was close to the trains (to Heathrow) and close enough to the city core. The Hilton was the perfect fit - excellent rooms and a great location. The service was also top notch. The only downside to my stay is that there was a construction project underway right across from my room - which was extremely loud and not exactly "eye candy".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cshard
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review after your recent visit at Hilton London Paddington.
It was a pleasure to see that the quality of service you experienced met with you expectations. We appreciate all your feedback as this helps us to monitor and maintain the level of service we offer as a Hilton Hotel. Thank you for mentioning the great location of our hotel, indeed we are just 15 minutes from Heathrow Airport and connected by footbridge to Paddington Station, the four London Underground lines—Circle, Hammersmith & City, District, and Bakerloo—linked to the station will bring whenever you need.
I am sorry if you have been disturbed by the engineering works going on in Eastbourne Terrace, which is directly adjacent to the Hotel. Unfortunately we don’t have any direct control of the Cross Rail working environment but we have been liaising with the Project Team in order to minimize any disturbance to our guests.
We do hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

Guest relations
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Not overly happy with my stay at Hilton this time. Room was great, spacious and had a very good working space which I needed. BUT, upon arrival I went to the gym and had a shower in my room. For some reason the thermostat was adjusted to maximum heat, no big deal so I adjusted it for my comfort. I realized this morning why the previous occupant had tried to squeeze every drop of hot water upon his leaving… there was no hot water! They clearly have issues with hot water supply on peak hours, at least on the 6th floor, or a least in room 629. So, be aware of this when you book and check with the reception if you want a room with hot water.

Room Tip: Not a room with cold shower on peak hours, i.e. 6th floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.
Please accept our sincere apologies if the hot water in your room was not working during your stay, our maintenance department has been made aware and the problem has been addressed, thank you for providing us with your constructive feedback.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We arrived off a long flight from Melbourne. Checked in a 7am and assigned a room straight away. What luxury ! With a Tube Staion right there, it's so convenient. And Paddington Station has convenience stores for newspapers and drinks. I'd stay there again.
Heathrow Express is a bonus. Step off the plane, on to a train, and right in to the hotel !
Woke up next morning and checked out easily, and stepped on to the 10.30am to Hereford.
A good experience and good staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing out to the street are best.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hilton London Paddington with TripAdvisor. I am most grateful for you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
I am glad to note that you found our location an advantage and convenient for all of your travel requirements.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards