“Older property-first rate staff”

Hilton London Paddington
Ranked #395 of 1,068 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Older property-first rate staff”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have to commend the staff here. I injured myself in the station (cut knee) and both the station staff and the Hilton staff could not have been more helpful. We had just come from the US and despite the early hour (9:30am) they had a room for us within half an hour. In addition they provided band aids and wipes for my cuts. The room was modest in size but quite comfortable. This is an older hotel but is generally well kept. There is a Starbuck's between the hotel and Paddington Station, which I recommend for breakfast. The cost in the hotel is substantial ($25 for tea and toast for 2). The primary reason we stayed here was the convenient location and the fact that we paid for it with Hilton Honor points.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Michael C. I trust that you have fully recovered from your mishap at Paddington Station and that despite, not the best of starts to your London trip, that you enjoyed your time staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. kind regards Mark.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Ideally situated hotel, close to Paddington Station. Plenty of restaurants and pubs in close proximity. Friendly helpfl staff, high quality room. We will certainly will stay here again on our next visit to London

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We were delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and were able to appreciate our central location. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards Mark.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Staying as a diamond member, I have visited more than a few Hilton's and this one is below par. The room was average and the view of, well not much. The food was also pretty average and the service the same! The advantage is the location, its actually in the station so really handy for an early train.

Basically, if it wasn't for the location I don't think I would stay here. There are plenty of other Hilton's in London which are better for the same price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Anon533. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience of staying with us. I am disappointed to read that you had not overly enjoyed your stay with us and would like to hear more about how we could further enhance your stay. If you had time to write me a quick note with more details I would be very appreciative. Kind regards Mark.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great location outside of midtown London. Easy ride from St Pancras Station. Just walked over to the Heathrow Express. Rooms are nice sized and modern. Nice area to wander around. Will certainly recommend this location to others, especially for business commitments or arrival / departure dates. However, we were surprised at the surcharge for in-room WiFI.

1 Thank Chuck M
Dear Chuck M. Thank you for your wonderful review. The team and I are very happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recommending us to fellow travellers and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards Mark.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

At £359 for a night I would expect a better level of upkeep of rooms: there was a large crack in sink, most plugs were 2 pin, those ok for UK were low level and behind a desk. I had to sit on floor to dry my hair. If I had paid less I wouldn't be bothered but if a hotel sets itself up to be the best I think it should try a lot harder. Breakfast poor value at £25. Coffee flasks on side: not fresh.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear SueD040. I was disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed your stay with us. You have raised various issues that I would like to investigate further, but in order to do so, I shall need more information from you. Could I please ask you to drop me a quick note with your contact details, so that I may contact you and discuss your stay in more detail. Please accept my apologies for your stay not being to our normal high standard and I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards Mark.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is just a super reliable, friendly-staffed, great location (connected to heathrow express), upscale hotel. Internet is good, food is good, rooms are nice and comfortable. Bed could be a bit softer--very firm. Towels could be softer. But, this is my go to hotel in London. Breakfast is really great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear MrFordCT. The team and I are very happy to read that you enjoy your stays with us and that when travelling to London, we are your preferred place to stay. I have taken note of your comments about the beds and towels and shall review these issues with my Executive Team. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards Mark.
Bath, Somerset
Reviewed September 30, 2013

As many reviewers here also note, the Hilton Paddington is in an excellent location. If arriving by train into Paddington you are at reception within seconds, and when you are there, transport to anywhere in London could not be better or easier. However, the location was just part of the attraction and enjoyment for this hotel for me. It was booked directly through Hilton Reservations and the rate was excellent.
Firstly, I found the décor and design of the hotel absolutely beautiful. They are very aware of the location of this hotel and it's historical connection to the Golden Age of British Rail Travel during the 1920's and 30's. The beautiful Art Deco architecture and furnishing style of the hotel really emphasises this and makes it delightfully individual. It was impeccably clean throughout- both rooms and public areas.
Secondly, the team here are highly professional and genuinely friendly. From reception to concierge team (who were especially outstanding ) you are made to feel very welcome, and that not only is your custom appreciated but they really want to enjoy your stay with them.
Breakfast was terrific. Just what was needed. A lovely pastry selection, traditional 'English' or European meats and cheeses at a well stocked and very fresh buffet. Again, I was greeted by a welcoming breakfast team who were very attentive without seeming 'flustered' or obtrusive ( which I have found can be the case even in 'iconic' 5 star hotels in London)
I wasn't here on business, so didn't need the separation of the 'Executive Lounge' -and people watching over a drink in the spacious and well furnished lobby is huge fun!
My room was on the fourth floor, facing Praed Street, but I experienced no noise problems at all as the windows were very well glazed and the blackout curtains were excellent. The room furnishings were gorgeous ( for an Art Deco fan they are an especial treat!) and I loved the huge marble bathroom and fabulously comfortable bed. A very attractive marble shelved coffee/tea mini bar was well stocked and I was delighted to be gifted a plate of delicious fresh fruit.
The efficient air con kept the room at a great temperature.
There was a fire alarm on the Friday night ( these things happen, it's near a transport hub in a major city) but the team handled the hotel evacuation highly efficiently and patiently- which was very reassuring.
I've stayed at many hotels in London over the years ( including the aforementioned 5 star 'iconics') but this was genuinely the nicest London hotel stay I have experienced and I will choose the Paddington Hilton in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alexia53
Dear Alexia53. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful description of your stay with us. The team and I were delighted to read that you had greatly enjoyed your time at the Hilton London Paddington and that your love of Art Deco enabled you to fully appreciate the history of this Grand Hotel and the significant contribution it has made to the Hotel Industry in London and the Paddington Area. Please let us know when you are next visiting, so that we may be able to show you our Ballroom with it's high ceilings and stunning chandeliers, as they do have maintained the history of this building. Thank you once again and our best wishes, Mark.