“Great hotel and location.”

Hilton London Paddington
Ranked #404 of 1,088 Hotels in London
San Antonio, Texas
“Great hotel and location.”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great location outside of midtown London. Easy ride from St Pancras Station. Just walked over to the Heathrow Express. Rooms are nice sized and modern. Nice area to wander around. Will certainly recommend this location to others, especially for business commitments or arrival / departure dates. However, we were surprised at the surcharge for in-room WiFI.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chuck M
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Chuck M. Thank you for your wonderful review. The team and I are very happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recommending us to fellow travellers and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards Mark.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

At £359 for a night I would expect a better level of upkeep of rooms: there was a large crack in sink, most plugs were 2 pin, those ok for UK were low level and behind a desk. I had to sit on floor to dry my hair. If I had paid less I wouldn't be bothered but if a hotel sets itself up to be the best I think it should try a lot harder. Breakfast poor value at £25. Coffee flasks on side: not fresh.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear SueD040. I was disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed your stay with us. You have raised various issues that I would like to investigate further, but in order to do so, I shall need more information from you. Could I please ask you to drop me a quick note with your contact details, so that I may contact you and discuss your stay in more detail. Please accept my apologies for your stay not being to our normal high standard and I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards Mark.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is just a super reliable, friendly-staffed, great location (connected to heathrow express), upscale hotel. Internet is good, food is good, rooms are nice and comfortable. Bed could be a bit softer--very firm. Towels could be softer. But, this is my go to hotel in London. Breakfast is really great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear MrFordCT. The team and I are very happy to read that you enjoy your stays with us and that when travelling to London, we are your preferred place to stay. I have taken note of your comments about the beds and towels and shall review these issues with my Executive Team. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards Mark.
Bath, Somerset
Reviewed September 30, 2013

As many reviewers here also note, the Hilton Paddington is in an excellent location. If arriving by train into Paddington you are at reception within seconds, and when you are there, transport to anywhere in London could not be better or easier. However, the location was just part of the attraction and enjoyment for this hotel for me. It was booked directly through Hilton Reservations and the rate was excellent.
Firstly, I found the décor and design of the hotel absolutely beautiful. They are very aware of the location of this hotel and it's historical connection to the Golden Age of British Rail Travel during the 1920's and 30's. The beautiful Art Deco architecture and furnishing style of the hotel really emphasises this and makes it delightfully individual. It was impeccably clean throughout- both rooms and public areas.
Secondly, the team here are highly professional and genuinely friendly. From reception to concierge team (who were especially outstanding ) you are made to feel very welcome, and that not only is your custom appreciated but they really want to enjoy your stay with them.
Breakfast was terrific. Just what was needed. A lovely pastry selection, traditional 'English' or European meats and cheeses at a well stocked and very fresh buffet. Again, I was greeted by a welcoming breakfast team who were very attentive without seeming 'flustered' or obtrusive ( which I have found can be the case even in 'iconic' 5 star hotels in London)
I wasn't here on business, so didn't need the separation of the 'Executive Lounge' -and people watching over a drink in the spacious and well furnished lobby is huge fun!
My room was on the fourth floor, facing Praed Street, but I experienced no noise problems at all as the windows were very well glazed and the blackout curtains were excellent. The room furnishings were gorgeous ( for an Art Deco fan they are an especial treat!) and I loved the huge marble bathroom and fabulously comfortable bed. A very attractive marble shelved coffee/tea mini bar was well stocked and I was delighted to be gifted a plate of delicious fresh fruit.
The efficient air con kept the room at a great temperature.
There was a fire alarm on the Friday night ( these things happen, it's near a transport hub in a major city) but the team handled the hotel evacuation highly efficiently and patiently- which was very reassuring.
I've stayed at many hotels in London over the years ( including the aforementioned 5 star 'iconics') but this was genuinely the nicest London hotel stay I have experienced and I will choose the Paddington Hilton in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alexia53
Dear Alexia53. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful description of your stay with us. The team and I were delighted to read that you had greatly enjoyed your time at the Hilton London Paddington and that your love of Art Deco enabled you to fully appreciate the history of this Grand Hotel and the significant contribution it has made to the Hotel Industry in London and the Paddington Area. Please let us know when you are next visiting, so that we may be able to show you our Ballroom with it's high ceilings and stunning chandeliers, as they do have maintained the history of this building. Thank you once again and our best wishes, Mark.
UAE
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I used the exec lounge for a number of meetings I had planned. the staff in the lounge were very helpful indeed. Check in process was slick and rooms more than adequate for a business trip. Location not ideal for me but it depends where you need to be. Lobby area is VERY busy with guests from outside the hotel so Exec lounge is essential if you want to meet someone. Restaurant was OK nothing special.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Iain A. Thank you for your feedback on your experience of the Hotel and in particular our Executive Lounge. I was very happy to read that you had found the Lounge to be suitable for your meetings and that the team looked after you in order to assist your meeting. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back again to the Hilton London Paddington when you next have meetings in London. Kind regards Mark.
Johannesburg
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Great location with the hotel connected to Heathrow Express train station. Paddington pretty central near the Arabic restaurants on Edgware Road. Many buses take you to Oxford Circus.

However the hotel is of medium standing. Not bad but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Fabrice N
Dear Fabrice N. Thank you for your review. I was very happy to read that you had enjoyed our central location and access to Edgeware road and the wonderful Paddington area. It would appear that we met, but did not exceed your expectations and I would be interested to hear more from you on how we could further enhance your experience. I hope that when you are next staying in London, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. Kind regards Mark.
Virginia Beach
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Managed to book Executive special on our last days in London prior to flying back home. Stayed in this hotel before but this time ,I was very satisfied. We had access to the Executive lounge where one can relax , drink and eat breakfast and snacks free and people watch as one can see Paddington Station clearly. Our room was very nice. Worth staying as you can arrive or depart for Heathrow easily by Heathrow Express or Heathrow Connect. One can get the bus outside the hotel or ride the underground/tube also.

Room Tip: Worth it if you can have access to Executive lounge at the Hotel.