“Exec lounge was very useful”

Hilton London Paddington
Ranked #408 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I used the exec lounge for a number of meetings I had planned. the staff in the lounge were very helpful indeed. Check in process was slick and rooms more than adequate for a business trip. Location not ideal for me but it depends where you need to be. Lobby area is VERY busy with guests from outside the hotel so Exec lounge is essential if you want to meet someone. Restaurant was OK nothing special.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Iain A. Thank you for your feedback on your experience of the Hotel and in particular our Executive Lounge. I was very happy to read that you had found the Lounge to be suitable for your meetings and that the team looked after you in order to assist your meeting. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back again to the Hilton London Paddington when you next have meetings in London. Kind regards Mark.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,109)

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Great location with the hotel connected to Heathrow Express train station. Paddington pretty central near the Arabic restaurants on Edgware Road. Many buses take you to Oxford Circus.

However the hotel is of medium standing. Not bad but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Fabrice N

Dear Fabrice N. Thank you for your review. I was very happy to read that you had enjoyed our central location and access to Edgeware road and the wonderful Paddington area. It would appear that we met, but did not exceed your expectations and I would be interested to hear more from you on how we could further enhance your experience. I hope that when you are next staying in London, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. Kind regards Mark.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Managed to book Executive special on our last days in London prior to flying back home. Stayed in this hotel before but this time ,I was very satisfied. We had access to the Executive lounge where one can relax , drink and eat breakfast and snacks free and people watch as one can see Paddington Station clearly. Our room was very nice. Worth staying as you can arrive or depart for Heathrow easily by Heathrow Express or Heathrow Connect. One can get the bus outside the hotel or ride the underground/tube also.

Room Tip: Worth it if you can have access to Executive lounge at the Hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JudyVirginiaBeach

Dear JudyVirginiaBeach. Thank you for taking time to write about your stay with us. The team and I were very happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to make the most of our Executive Lounge. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards Mark.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We needed a convenient, but reliably nice place to stay for the final two nights of our England trip when we would be back in London. Traveling by train with luggage, we opted for convenience for these two nights and chose the Paddington Hilton in spite of some reviews that said it was noisy due to its location at the train station. We couldn't disagree more, based on our experience. Our room overlooked the outside of the train station and it was very quiet. The convenience was worth so much to us for this part of our journey. We thought we might have to sacrifice our standards and were not expecting anything really nice due to location. But Hilton's name is on this hotel and thus, they held true to their brand - it was perfect. Ask for a quiet room to be sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a quiet part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carlota02
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Carlota02. The team and I were delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel to be quiet despite our very central London location. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards Mark.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Who allowed noisy rock music concert late at night in your hotel? Sound propagates through ducts to upstairs. Your staff does not seem to know room acoustics which is very important in operating a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Masao I -sama. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I was very happy to read that you had enjoyed the accommodation, but obviously not so happy to read that you had been disturbed by noise during your stay. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced. I hope that when you are next visiting from Japan we will be able to welcome you back. Kind regards Mark.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Whenever I return to London (mainly for business), I have a sense of nostalgia. I was born there many years ago and always hope that I can recapture that sense of times past. Well, when I stayed at the Hilton Paddington, I got that sense of times past, but for the wrong reasons.

The overall stay was poor at best. Breakfast was well below standards set by other Hilton franchises. The room I was given - a "junior suite" (a larger room with a largish bathroom and a spare corner which was dark and pokey and not fit to use) was on the second floor overlooking the NOISY street - buses and traffic pass ALL night and I had to have ear plugs to get some sleep. How about investing in some proper soundproofing?

The ventilator in the bathroom was noisier than a uranium centrifuge.

The meeting rooms we used were small to say the least.

The one saving grace of this hotel were 95% of the staff who were friendly and helpful.

Thank God I wasn't paying for the room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ravenna2006

Dear Ravenna2006. I was disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed your stay with us and I apologise for the room not meeting up with your expectations. I would be very happy to discuss your stay in more detail should you wish to drop me a quick note so that I am able to make direct contact with you, as I need further information in order to investigate your comments in more detail. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. Kind regards Mark.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

the Hilton Paddington is in an excellent location if you arrive on the heathrow express. It is also very close to the london underground networkmaking it very convenient.

The Hotel is quite tired, however my room was very comfortable and i was very happy with my room accommodation. The only down side to this hotel was that the noise coming into my hotel room from the outside street was very loud and disturbed my sleep.

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not face Praed Street!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mummydolphin

Dear Mummydolphin. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I was disappointed to read that you had experienced issues with noise during your stay and I do apologise for this. Normally our guests are quick to comment about how quiet the Hotel is given it's central London location, but it would appear that this did not occur during your stay. I hope that when your travels next bring you to the UK, we will be able to welcome you back. Kind regards Mark.