“Great location!”

Ranked #411 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great location!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed 3 days for conference. Great accessibility from LHR via Heathrow Express - took us 30 minutes from airport to hotel bed after late evening flight. Good breakfast, although vegetables offerings not impressive. Fantastic connection via Paddington Station to tube and inter city trains.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear IIanZ2013
Thank you for writing about your stay. We have taken note about your comment on Vegetarian options and the team are working on how to better improve our menu selection. We were very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London. Kind regards Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Hilton Paddington is very conveniently located right at Paddington station, with a 15-minute, direct connection to Heathrow. It's an added convenience to have tube access, a Starbucks, and multiple restaurants and stores all attached to the hotel.

Despite the convenience, I thought the overall experience at the hotel was just ok. The room was small, even by European standards (e.g. it was difficult to even walk around the bed with the other furniture). The bathroom was a decent size (though I'm not a fan of the cheapy shower curtains). I had a good night's rest, as the room was quiet and the bedding was comfortable. The hotel as a whole could use an interior refresh. The carpet and walls in the hallways are very tired.

A nice amenity of the hotel is the small gym. It's an odd layout, but it's got the latest equipment, changing rooms, and towel service.

Service at the hotel was lackluster. I (along with a number of other guests) arrived before the official check-in period. While I'm understanding that rooms may not be available, the process was very disorganized. I was told that a room would be available soon -- housekeeping was applying the finishing touches and they'd get me when the room was ready. Fast forward 20 minutes and still no word; after I went and asked, the woman at the front desk admitted to forgetting about me and checked on the room, only to find that there was a maintenance issue. Meanwhile other guests were being given rooms right away. This definitely didn't help my first impressions of the hotel and its staff. Additionally, the room was not as clean as it should have been. There were a couple stray hairs I found that were not mine. Ugh.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cillierabbit
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear cillierabbit
Thank you for your review and for bringing some shortcomings of your stay to my attention. I wish to apologise that your expereince was not up to our normal high standards. I have spoken to the team on shift that day and relayed your comments. I hope that you will still come back to stay with us on your next trip to London. Kind regards Mark.
Rivalta di Torino, Italy
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel off bookings and it was very cheap, otherwise we wouldn't have stayed here. Everything thing was good, what you can expect from any chain hotel. Furnishings were a little tired and bathroom dated, but those are only superficial things. Breakfast was good, lots of options and something for everyone. Would stay here again.....for the right price

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Viqtorea
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. It would appear that you had enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again, Kind regards Mark.
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We intended to stay for 1 night while we went to a party which was being held at the hotel. Everything booked and packed we made our way excited about the forthcoming evening.

We pulled up outside the entrance and were about to get out of the car when, we were ushered off the front !! 'You can't park here !!!', shouted one of the doormen. Rather stunned at this I replied ' We have a booking and need to off load', 'Well you can't park hear !' was he short & blunt response. I explained again we were off loading and needed some assistance and asked were the parking was. He gave me the shortest directions ever, considering I was not the familiar with the area and lots of roads had been closed. I followed his instruction but was taken to an unsecure parking lot under the railway station. I rang my husband who was checking in and told him I was unhappy with the parking and it has taken 15 mins to get there! I rang the hotel from my mobile to check I was given the right instruction. The lady on I spoke to was not able to help and passed me to someone else. After over a 2 hour drive I was tired and not happy that no one was being either helpful or clear with instructions. I decided to drive back to the hotel but got lost. I asked a cab driver who told me the directions I was given was for unsecure parking not secure parking. On arrival at the hotel I went to reception and told the lady at the front desk how rude the doorman had been and how bad the direcitons were given I was not familiar with the area. She did her best to help me but didn't seem to have the confidence to sort it out. She called over the main doorman who said the directions were correct and didn't appologise for the rude behavour. I was ask you can image rather surprised at the lack of customer service and I felt I was putting them out !! I decided to try the route once more determined to find the parking and enjoy the party that evening. However, it was not meant to be. The parking took 15 mins ( not the 2 min drive I was told ) , the parking was unsecure, underground parking ( not safe ) . My husband had rung me saying the room was tatty, damaged tables, open wires and generally dated. For a 5 star hotel and given the great experiences we had had before we decided to check out.

While getting our bags the chap who helped me take them to the car was so dissapointed about our experience. He was so kind and understanding and was unhappy we were leaving because we had had a bad experience.

I hope to enjoyed my review and please contact me if you have any questions.

Diana

Room Tip: Rooms tatty and need upgrading. Check car parking first or go via cab.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank dianaandco
Dear dianaandco
I was very disappointed to read about your experience at the Hotel and wish to apologise as this is not to our normal highs service standard. I would like to investigate this further and would ask for your help in writing to me at the hotel with further details so that I may be able to follow this up with you. I thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention. Kind regards Mark.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a great hotel with easy access on the Heathrow express. The staff are extremely friendly and more than helpful. We loved our stay there and would definitely stay there again. There is easy access to anywhere in London and it includes free wifi in the lobby area.
Breakfast was included and there was plenty to choose from.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Pgjlcc
Dear Pgjlcc
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Hilton London Paddington. The team and I were delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards Mark.
Berkshire
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel is in a great location and access via Paddington station is very convenient.

We were allocated a large room, which was clean and well appointed.

We arrived at the hotel quite late after attending a concert at the 02, so didn't spend a great deal of time in the room but the bed was very comfortable and we had no complaints.

Free Wi-Fi is available for HHonours members.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Queneth_Veneth
Dear Queneth_Veneth
Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton London Paddington. It would appear that you had enjoyed your time with us and hopefully the concert at the O2 as well. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards Mark.
los angeles, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This art deco-y Hilton is IN Paddington Station. pretty cool. i was flying from Berlin to Heathrow and needed a hotel for one night before my trip back to the U.S. I was by myself and the Heathrow Express took me straight to the hotel in Paddington and in the morning i took it straight back to the airport. couldn't have been easier. the hotel was all old-timey and there was a Starbucks connected to the hotel and an M&S Simply Food downstairs in the station for snacks and water. The hotel restaurant looked like a good menu but with the trains just steps from your door, I couldn't resist taking myself out to dinner and drinks in Covent Garden :) In the morning I stashed my bags in the lobby and lounged in Starbucks for an hour before I hopped the Heathrow Express for the quick 15 minute ride back to the airport. I'd definitely stay here again if I needed quick access to and from the airport!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Anthony B
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I was very happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay and made full use of our central lodcation to enjoy the wonderful activities that London has to offer. Kind regards Mark.