“Hilton London Paddington perfect location with luxurious rooms”

Hilton London Paddington
Ranked #406 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Singapore
“Hilton London Paddington perfect location with luxurious rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hilton London Paddington is just about as perfect a hotel you can get in London. It is located just next to the Paddington station where you can easily catch the airport express and many of the underground tube lines connect here. The rooms are luxurious with an old world charm yet still perfectly maintained. I stayed in a room that was split into two levels, and it was quite a thrill as it gave me a very homely feeling. Nothing like a good rest, and not having to lug your luggages up and down tube stations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Meredith B, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Galtravels

Thank you for your review. My team and I were very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay.

We all hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future and in the meantime, happy travelling.

Meredith Bevan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Pros:
Rooms: Very spacious and clean
Bed: Very comfortable
Staff: Very friendly
Breakfast: Excellent selection of International spread
Location - Paddington Station at doorstep, quaint neighbourhood littered with souvenir shops also selling bus city tours tickets, stops for bus tours conveniently located, lots of eating establishments/ restaurants (even a Halal KFC & Subway nearby)

Cons:
WiFi: Not free, however, you can get free WiFi at the lobby & restaurants

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank janaug19
Dear Janaug19

Thank youf ro your review. My team and I were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here for a night on our way back through London en route home. The location was very convenient, just 15 minutes from Heathrow via train and accessible to everything in the city. Everything in the hotel was extremely expensive, even by London standards. The hotel was also fairly outdated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear PatUNH1980

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay.

You are right, our hotel is a listed building with many of the features kept from the 1854 Art Deco style design - both inside and out. However, with the Art Deco design comes some real contemporary influences including i-Home docking stations in our Deluxe rooms, full connectivity with High Speed Internet Access that although is chargeable is very secure and fast. Check out our facilities on our website - you wouldn't usually call them outdated.

With regards to prices, I disagree with your comment that we are very expensive even for London. Indeed our local competitor check with other hotels, Bars and Retsuarants shows us that we are attractive and great value. Who were you comparing prices with?

Oncxe again - thank you for your review and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you to the Hilton London Metropole in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

The entry key cards for the room kept failing and had to be reprogrammed three times in a 24 hour period. That was disappointing, but we could have lived with it.
The big issue for us was the lack of a gym. We had specifically picked this hotel as I am following a training pattern and was able to squeeze in 90 minutes training on the Saturday morning before we checked out. To my dismay, when I went to look for the gym, I couldn't find it anywhere. Upon checking with reception, I was told that the gym was closed due to a safety incident earlier that week. They were able to offer me a discounted rate at a nearby gym but I had neither the time nor inclination to spend more money on using another gym that I had already paid for in the hotel price.
It was at this point that the service went really bad. When I complained at reception and asked why they hadn't altered the website to show that the gym was unavailable, they assured me that they had. I immediately checked it and the front page still said, "Stay active during your stay and enjoy a rejuvenating workout with the latest cardiovascular equipment in the fitness center." Lower down on that page, under highlights it mentions the fitness centre. (note to Hilton website developer, that's how you spell CENTRE in this part of the world!). Details of the gym were repeated on the page under Hotel Details.
I re-attended at reception and told them this and their response was to tell me that I must have been checking the booking agents website as opposed to theirs. I was incredulous at their stance and asked to see the manager. Yet again I felt fobbed off as they told me there was nobody senior on duty at the hotel and I would have to wait until I was contacted the following Monday. I left two separate email addresses and a mobile phone number, but here I am, a full week later and nobody has contacted me.
Even today I've checked their website and the gym is still shown as a highlight, yet when you ring the hotel and ask, guess what, the gym is closed for refurbishment.
When we checked in, they could have told us there and then and at least I could have elected to do something else with my spare morning. As it was, by the time that I found out, my wife had already made separate arrangements and gone out. My whole morning was wasted.
The staff at this hotel are at best incompetent, at worst down right devious and not telling the truth. I don't think they took my complaint seriously and either they did not pass it on to their manager as promised, or worse, the manager has elected to ignore this. The website is inaccurate and even after this has been pointed out to them, remains inaccurate a whole week later. I feel cheated and extremely disappointed. I have paid for a service at this establishment that simply didn't exist.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nigel L
Meredith B, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear NigelL

Thank you for your review. I have responded to your letter dated 11th November 2012 earlier today and you should receive the correspondence via the mail shortly.

My response includes an apology for any disappointment you may have experienced along with confirmation that the Hotel's Website, 3rd Party website Owners and other booking engines were fully briefed about the closure of our complimentary Gym for refurbishment.

I hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us in the near future.

Andorra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton London Paddington for 2 nights from 23th to 25th of October. Location was great - the best location if your going in and out of paddo station.
My room was in the West Wing, and it was extremely clean, with comfortable beds and all the bits and pieces you would expect. Breakfast was very good, with plenty of choice, short waiting times and on the busiest morning they opened pretty early.
The gym is well equipped and the staff are friendly and efficient.
Appreciated the 13noon checkout time.
Only dispetto for me was the 15 pounds per device for room WiFi - disappointing, but thanks - it is free in lobby. By the way, I never met before such a long corridors in hotels.

I would certainly recommend this hotel for a stay in the capital and I would imagine that even Prince Charles is a fan of it's architecture:)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank evakama
Dear Evakama

Thank you for your review. My team and I were pleased to read you enoyed your stay with us and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in to the hotel in the near future.,

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've stayed at the Paddington Hilton several times and each time I appreciate how easy it is to get around London and visit my business partner who lives in the English countryside. The hotel and rooms are quiet and comfortable. Affordable, diet-friendly food options are available just outside the door in Paddington Station.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Meredith B, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Hi Matt l

Thanks for a great review.

Come back soon.

Hull, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the easy access to/from Heathrow. I attend a trades how in London each year and each year when I arrive on the Heathrow Express, I tell myself that "next year, I am staying at this hotel". I finally did it and I will never go back! Perfect location. Easy access to the Tube for commuting to Excel also, so everything was super easy. room service breakfast and lunch was delivered in 15-20 minutes. Service in the restaurant was great (I think I had 4 waiters making sure that I had everything I needed) It's a London hotel so rooms are small and dated but very comfortable. I did have a room on the first floor over the delivery area so there were trucks all night. I am a sound sleeper so it was no big deal for me, but if you are sensitive to noise, be sure to ask for an inside room (the windows are thin so it sounds like they are open even when they are closed) The bell staff were very friendly and attentive. I will be back :-)

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dalcy3

Thanks for the review. I am glad you mention you'll be back.

I hope the exhibition was a great success and the journey home was effortless.

See you soon.