“convenient and great”

Hilton London Paddington
Ranked #409 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived at Heathrow Airport and took the Heathrow Connect into Paddington. It was around 8 lbs. It only took about 25 minutes. The Hilton is actually in the train station. It was a very nice hotel. Their rates change a lot so when we first arrived to London it was a great price but when we returned to London it was way over the top. The breakfast was the best and the rooms were clean and roomy. I liked staying there as there were many places to eat and walk around but out of the hustle and bustle from the middle of the tourist area. We were able to get anywhere from the Paddington station. Each day we would buy a day pass to the tube and were able to get anywhere we want for the whole day and night. I loved this location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Meredith B, Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Laredlands

Thank you for youyr review. My team and I were pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed 2 nights in the Hilton London Paddington Hotel for the Olympics this summer. The security was very high, but not intrusive. The hotel's back door conveniently opens on the upper level of historic Paddington Station, and although there isn't much traffic through those doors, the security level has to be kept at a higher level than most hotels. You will feel very safe here. The staff is most polite and helpful.
The room I had was large, comfortable, and quiet. Although I didn't spend much time in the hotel, I can say that breakfast was superb! And the hotel's history can be seen in the handsome art deco murals on the walls.
It's location is ideal for London tourists. Not only are there the trains from Paddington and the Express Train to and from Heathrow, but there are 4 different tube lines converging here in a walking distance of across the street.
I recommended the Hilton London Paddington to other friends coming to the Olympics.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear JoeBaileyCole

Thank you for a very informative review about our location. With 18 Meeting rooms, Steam Bar, The Brasserie Restaurant and Lounge and a LivingWell Gym (currently being refurbished) we really do have lots to offer.

Happy Travelling and come back soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Nice hotel. Just outside paddington station, so if you're flying into Heathrow its takes 2 mins to get your luggage off.

It has very good bus and tube connections.

I have stayed here several times and have had mixed experiences with it Have to say, if you can afford it splash for the nicer rooms executive floor i think. They are worth it. The standard rooms are pretty basic for a hilton I found.

Other than that the breakfast is awesome You could easily eat your body weight in there in Food.

Room Tip: Executive room are much much nicer
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank 1,014,772,047
Meredith B, Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear 1014772047

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your time on this occasion. Let me know about your 'mixed'experiences, I would be interested to hear your views as to where we can do better.

Once again, thank you for your review and happy travelling.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

stayed here on Saturday night and was very pleasanly surprised. We came off the train at Paddington and there is an entrance to the hotel in the station. The room we were given was immaculate and very roomy. I've stayed in other hotels further in and the rooms are often tiny! The bed was the comfiest hotel bed Ive ever had. The hotel is in an excellent location.Well placed to go shopping or socialising. If you're looking for a good pub try Dickens Tavern which is just round the corner, excellent food and good crowd.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helgal19

Dear Helga 19

Thank you for your review. I am not sure why you would be suprised. We are very proud of the services we provide and indeed happiness of our guests who stay with us.

Did you try out our afternoon tea. Fantastic if you have it in our Executive Lounge, watch your train come in and saunter down without the stress of the last minute dash to the station.

Come again and try it. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Best location if your going in and out of paddo station. Room was nice and big,clean and quiet.

Breakfast was great and there was plenty to choose from. Quite a few restaurants pubs just out the door.

Don't bother paying for wifi unless you really need it in your room. Just head down into the train station and you can pick it up there. You can also get it at the pub across the street on the corner"The Pride of Paddington" which has great meals.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear BrendonF

Thank you for your review and the comments about the hotel, great to read.

We also have 'Steam Bar' and indeed that also has great food, good music and WiFi. Check itout next time to you stay.

Once again, thanks for the review.

regards

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this Hilton. We used the Paddington Express from Heathrow Airport and after a little “walk about” looking for the escalator to the hotel walkway, we checked in at the Hilton Honors Desk. The staff at that desk and throughout the hotel were friendly and attentive. The concierge was very helpful. Morning breakfast and evening snacks at the executive lounge were tasty and we never felt rushed. We would gladly return to this hotel. TIP—use the Oyster Card for both tube and bus. Just outside the hotel are bus stops for buses # 23 and #159. These are those delightful double decker and take you to Piccadilly and Trafalgar Square. # 159 takes you across the Thames and to the Imperial War Museum. Also, Paddington Station is HUGE with grocery stores, clothing stores and many take-away and several sit-down restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarJan6861
Meredith B, Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear MArJan6861

Thank you for your review. I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

It was very pleasing to read that you felt the team looked after you well and you felt relaxed and unrushed - outside will do all that.

Sounds like you had a really busy time - did you manage to buy one of our Paddington Bears to remind you of your stay with us.

Thanks again and happy travelling.

Regards

Reviewed October 19, 2012

booked to stay two nights had to meet two clients used there confrence room hire.

When I was part way through my meeting the manager Fanny responsible for the booking of the meeting room stormed in part way through my meeting did not bother to knock wanting to know why the appropiate room hire form had not been completed. When I tried to explain that the girl on duty ran out of forms and told me she would deal with this after my meeting the manager Fanny was not intrested in my explaination and insisted I stop my meeting until the form was completed I explained I was also a guest at the hotel and you had my credit card details again she was not intrested I had to stop my meeting to deal with the compleation of her form. I compained to the duty manager Vjay I think he was 16 years of age whilist I was explaining to him what had happened Fanny the manager was pulling faces at me behind his back ans carring on like a 6 year old child. She ignored what the manager instructed to do and passed an insult at me as she stormed off. Sorry I would never stay in this hotel again from staff to management very poor treatment of paying customers

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Meredith B, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Philip C

Thank you for your review of your stay at the hotel 12 months ago. At the time I am sure that I could have followed up on your comments, however the person you mentione dno longer works here and I am quite sure you would give us 5 bubbles now.

Come back and try us.