“Over Hyped”

Hilton London Paddington
Ranked #410 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“Over Hyped”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I visited the Hilton on a few occasions. I have to say it is overly hyped. Now don't get me wrong, clean sheets, friendly staff, nice towels, but the amount you pay for staying in such a hotel you would expect some decent toiletries, maybe reading material like a newspaper for example and tv channels which are in english. I cant fault this hotel in anyway, but they do really need to work on there final touches to the room itself.

The room is nice a size, clean and has all the essentials which are needed. Its got the railway and tubelines on its door step. Starbucks, sainsburys and a whole load of restaurants as well. Not far from Edgware road (home of the arabs).

Bathroom is an ok size. bathrub slightly small, but its fine.
I always thought Hilton hotels would be fantastic, but now staying in them i think they are overly hyped a bit and need some work to them.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank anonymous_midland
Meredith B, Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Anonymous_midland

Why would you have a callsign on tripadvisor like this?

Thankyou for your review. I am pleased to say that as you 'cannot fault' the hotel, we clearly are doing alot right.

All the items you mentioned are on offer in our hotel, included in the price of a room, however, you would have to be a member of Hilton Honors programme and/or be a guest in one of our Executive rooms. Then you can use our executive lounge with fabulous views over the station (great for those who love to people watch).

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming ytou back to the Hilton London Paddingtom so that you can experience our Executive Lounge, but in the meantime, happy travelling.

Meredith Bevan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Initially given a smoking room-very smelly and yuck! Immediately complained and we were moved to a nice clean room, great facilities, central with a city view, easy tube connections and friendly staff! Had a lovely breakfast and checking in and out was easy! Would definitely visit again!

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Minioneyorkshire

Thank you for your review. My team and I were pleased to read your comments and hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great location for taking the train and nicer accommodations for the price? Ask for newly refurbished rooms. Be aware they do have a lot of windy hallways that seem to go on forever. Wifi could be more affordable. Only other negative was the awful so called omelette I ordered, extremely flat and almost fried looking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Ciaocb

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay although I do note your comments witrh regards to the corridors and the Omelette. Our Chef does fry them but I will ensure they are fluffy in the future.

In the menatime, happy travelling and once again, thanks for your review.

Genereal Manager
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights and loved it! Amazing location - close to the tube/train stations. The hotel was very clean and tidy.

The staff were so helpful and I would definitely recommend this place!! I would go back in the future!

Made our London trip very enjoyable

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank KWard126
Dear Karina H

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had been so many times to London - a favourite metropolitan destination of mine - and I had experienced different stay locations in the city, and had gotten used to some around Marble Arch (for Oxford Street proximity) and Kensington (for a calm but close location).
However in my last vacation this summer with the family I truly discovered the ultimate hotel: Hilton London Paddington.

I will start with the residence itself - in one word fantastic. All staff are amiable. The standard room is of decent level and spacious enough. Breakfast is excellent with major ingredients present to make your day. Then the location couldn't be more perfect (although the hotel is worth any, but you still need to move easily in London to make the best of it). Not only Paddington station is a step outside, with underground access to everywhere and convenience shops opening late. But you also have the best selection of restaurants nearby, in what looks like a reasonably safe neighbourhood.

So if you can afford it I really recommend it. In case your chosen season's rates are high, definitely opt for it when you have accumulated points from the Hilton HHonors fidelity scheme.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear RSukkar

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had booked a deluxe room but were given a standard, and I am a HH Gold member. Managed to get the room I had paid for after calling the front desk, in my second room I found the bathroom dirty with urine on the toilet seat - disgusting. All in all a terrible experience and I couldn't be happier to leave.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank JacobiEstocolmo
Dera JacobiEstocolmo

Thank you for your review. I was very sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations as a Hilton Hotel.

I have indeed shared your comments with my senior team for immediate action. I only wish that you had reported these difficulties at the time as I am sure we owuld have acted instantly and throughly to make your stay much more enjoyable.

I do hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice and big rooms. Typical of the high Hilton standards. Hotel is connected to Paddington station, which makes it easy to use the Heathrow Express as well as hop on trains to other parts of the UK.

Wish the chargeable room internet was made more affordable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple